All reviews nice hotel china tour spoke english convenience store breakfast spread chinese hotels stayed here for nights chinese food room was spacious atm minibar metro
Selected filters
Reviewed December 17, 2018

Beautiful, good location. Well appointed rooms. Good service and wonderful breakfast buffet offering both Western and Asian dishes. Lovely, large lobby with a piano bar. Hotel also offered a few rstaurants and high-end shopping. A shopping center and lots of convenience stores within walking distance.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GRM5288, Guest Relations Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2018

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Shanghai Baolong Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I stayed in this hotel for two nights at the end of a two week tour around China. It was definitely the best hotel I stayed in during this trip.

The room was spacious, clean and well maintained; there also was a safe in the room which is not always guaranteed in China. There also was a minibar in the room with a selection of drinks at reasonable prices. The bathroom was also spacious, had a really good powerful shower and had a water purifier so you can avail of clean drinking water. There was a western breakfast available in the mornings.

The lobby area was like a ballroom, an excellent ambience to the area with a piano playing in the background at times during the day. There was a bar on site but the prices were quite high; the mini bar in the room was surprising much less expensive. There is also a convenience store and ATM in the hotel which was quite useful.

The hotel staff were very friendly, helpful and polite. They also spoke English which was something that was not the case in the majority of hotels I stayed in China.

The location is not great (and I almost marked the score down as a result). There is not a lot in the vicinity of the hotel although there are a number of restaurants nearby. It is about 12-15 minutes walk from the nearest metro station to gain quick access to the rest of the city. However, if you want to travel to Pudong Airport by metro to allow a minimum of 90 minutes.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
GRM5288, Guest Relations Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Dear Guest

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

The Boulong hotel looks like - and is, for that matter - a splendid hotel, even though its peak time may have been a bit in the past. In some ways, it makes a somewhat outdated impression. Generally, it is tasteful and nice and offers an impressive swimming pool. The entrance hall is amazing. The breakfast in the morning is equally stellar, if one likes asian food, one can already have a ln excellent meal in the morning.

However, this hotel was unfortunately hampered by problems that are quite common in Chinese hotels. It is hopelessly overstaffed (not uncommon, given labor prices form relatively uneducated staff). At the same time, it is difficult to communicate if one does not speak Mandarin. I learn that it is difficult to get people who speak English well, as those people can easily get much better and higher paid jobs. And then weird situations can arise.

Such as the following: On the first night, I came back late from a business meeting, to learn that the restaurant and bar had just closed (it was just after 10pm). I looked whether I could find a snack in the minibar, to find to my astonishment that it was locked. Apparently the person inviting me did not leave a deposit, which led the management to close all minibars of the respective customers. I asked at the reception. And then indeed, after half an hour or so, somebody came, to open up th minibar.

But - no joke - to then remove all of its content in the next step. I could not believe my eyes and felt like having a part in a bad parody. The woman was entirely serious, however. I had to get all my social skills together to negotiate a Snickers out of this lady. There might be a rationale behind this. It does reflect an interesting picture of the customers, however. If the intention is to place this hotel onto the list of international hotels in Shanghai, it might not be the wisest of all management steps.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Karlkoreander

Dear Guest

Reviewed June 18, 2018

We stayed in this room for 3 days and it was very good. Reception staff could not talk much in English. The buffet breakfast was good, enjoyed all the chinese delicacies. There is a convenience store in the complex where you can buy anything. The only problem was it was far from most of the attractions making it cumbersome to travel a lot of distance.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank sowdha
GRM5288, Guest Relations Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Dear Guest:

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Very modern, centrally located and superb breakfast spread...if you like asian cuisine. It matches the ultra skyline of this modern city. Friendly staff and service. There is a grocery store attached to it and is surrounded by little eateries if one does fancy street food ... which is excellent every where in China, specially breakfast time. However the breakfast spread was so good in the hotel that we were not too keen wandering around unknown territory!! Fully recommended.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank Shaila L
GRM5288, Guest Relations Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Dear Guest: