Baolong Hotel Shanghai
Mandarin Oriental
$175
JW Marriott
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
$139
$98
$360
$323
  • Pool
All reviewsgrand mercurepleasant stay at this hotelbreakfast buffetbeautiful hoteldrainconcierge
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I would like to recommend this hotel to everybody who is traveling to Shanghai.
The location is not exactly in the center, but it will take 10 minutes by taxi to city center.
English speaking staff will help you with everything and will recommend you the best possible options how to organize your trip and your program.
Excellent breakfast with Western and Asian food. On the evening there is a buffet dinner with various Western and Asian food also and price of this buffet dinner is including drinks.
Room was clean with comfortable bed, free internet connection.
Hope that you will enjoy your stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mady-Almaty
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I checked in at this hotel on May 10th, 2013. The lobby and the other areas are very nice. They also offered me welcome tea. The room was also very nice with transparent bathroom. Though the bathtub was not useful as the water level of the bathtub was very low and the handheld shower on the bathtub was not working properly. The most pathetic experience I had with the air conditioner. I didn't realize in the morning when I checked in because I went outside for city tour after an our. I finally realized at night that the ac is not working at all and was literally sweating. I threw out blanket and tried to sleep because it was very late at night and had to go to a place called Yiwu early in the morning by Bullet train. I thought I'll tell them in the morning about the AC but didn't get time. On the second day I again came very late at night but I still called the room service. A manager on duty came and check and said the AC is working fine, they do not feel hot. I was staying in room # 913. Upon request, he changed the room to # 909. I thought may be the problem with this particular room. When I moved to the other room on the same floor, I realized that the AC is not working here either. The room service manager also told me if you feel hot, then you can open the windows which didn't make any difference for cooling but of course was getting outside noise. Didn't feel like to bother them again. Somehow managed to sleep with sweating. In the morning once again I went out for business. After coming back, I complained at the reception that AC didn't work for the last two days. They apologized for the same and accepted that the AC was not working but they repaired it and today it's working. I happily entered the room and turned the AC on. I t was better but still can't sleep with the blanket. Next day once again I woke up early in the morning and went out for business. Again came late at night and found the AC is not working again. I became frustrated but didn't complain because the next day was my check out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank lovetravelingabroad
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at hotel 2 nights before and after a tour. The first night the room was smaller and window facing a wall. The 2nd night, we had a bigger and better renovated room facing the highway. Like all hotels in China, big and impressive lobby but always something not quite right in the room furniture or fixture in the washroom. Rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable, it was ok for 2 nights. Wifi was not free. The included breakfast, selection was good but forgettable coffee. Had dinner at the hotel 'Shanghai restaurant'. Food and service were good, the portion was huge and cost was reasonable (considering it is a hotel restaurant).

Room Tip: Ask for bigger room not facing the wall.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CY29
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Like some other hotels, this one also has a "Grand entre" all big and shinning, whiles the rooms are just ok. The breakfast not good. the staff dont know how to smile, and are in need of training in the art of hospitality. They dont seem to like their job. I had a room service burger as well, which was ok, unfortunately to salty.

The swimming pool however was nice, and the gym very ok. Location in Puxi little out of the centre.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MikeXiamen
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Hotel room is very clean and bed is comfortable, friendly staff in front desk. Valuable price but it is quite far and not easy to found Subway and transport.
Both lobby and room can not access wifi, it is a bit disappointed. Need to pay for wifi access (in the day time only).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family