I am not a stingy person when it comes to ratings but I really do not believe anything can be perfect. There is always, naturally a room for improvement and that is why technology becomes obsolete and new ideas take over from old ones. But then when you have to compare in a present situation amongst peers, the word excellent is often used to imply near perfection (I still refuse to agree there is perfection). In that regard, my stay at the Pudong Shangri-La can be described in one word awesome! This is an elegantly beautiful hotel well located amongst the best buildings in the world including the newly being built Shanghai Center. The inside is amazing and the staff amongst the best trained I have seen in recent times. I felt really privileged being here. My room on the 33rd floor has an amazing view of the new Shanghai Center (The tallest building in the world. Still under construction). The restaurant on the second floor is so large it took sometime before I could locate my friends. The buffet was so cool. Don't forget the buffet ends at 2.30 pm. Next time I stay here, I hope to explore the club on the 26th floor. Though an expensive more than five star hotel, it was really worth it staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Shanghai's preeminent hotel, Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai offers business and leisure travellers the perfect combination of comfort, service and convenience. Located on the Huangpu River in Shanghai's vibrant Lujiazui financial district, directly opposite the historic Bund, the hotel enjoys easy access to the city's most famous sites. Hongqiao Airport can be reached in just 35 minutes and Pudong Airport in 45 minutes.The hotel comprises a luxurious collection of well-appointed guestrooms and suites in two distinctive wings: the 577-room classic River Wing and the 375-room contemporary and exclusive Grand Tower. All rooms feature panoramic views of the Bund, the Huangpu River or Pudong's spectacular skyline.The prestigious Grand Tower provides some of Shanghai's most luxurious and spacious accommodation. It is also home to the Horizon Club, which offers guests the highest level of personalised service and attention. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pudong Shangri-La Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Pudong Shangri La Hotel Shanghai
- Shangri La Shanghai