“Indeed, it is Shangri-La!”

Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai
Ranked #29 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Agua Dulce
“Indeed, it is Shangri-La!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is first class as is the location for doing business in Shanghai. Breakfast is "fun" with the great variety offered. All amenities are as expected and the overall service shines. I realize all this is to be expected of a Shangri-La, yet this one delivers 100%!

Room Tip: The Tower rooms are very handsome. I did not stay on the Concierge Floor, but we all know they are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ulfbremer, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Donna S,

Thank you for your time to share these gracious feedbacks on Pudong Shangri-La, we put a lot of focus on training our employees to ensure an outstanding experience. We hope to extend this sense of belonging and security to you, as we welcome you again in the near future.

Ulf Bremer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2013

i stayed in many ShangriLa hotels and this one is very nice. i stayed in the river wing which i think is a old wing as the rooms were a bit dated but rooms still were very nice
i had a view over the river so at night its beautiful to see the color lights on all the boats passing by

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ulfbremer, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear madrich36,

Thank you for selecting Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, we were delighted to read you enjoyed the Bund view. We hope to see you soon in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I love this hotel. The staff is very helpful and always trying to go beyond your expectations. The location is great. I highly recommend this place, you will not regret it.
I have been there 3 times already and I will definitely go back next time I'll be in Shanghai.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear cedricboston,

Thank you for your nice review. It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you to Pudong Shangri-La again in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am an avid business traveler and this hotel does know how to make an impression..preparing your room before your arrival. Selecting the pillows so that they can prepare your room as well as realizing that I was supposed to check in earlier even before I do (coz the person who reserved my stay) did it wrongly and luckily they found out through my pillow selection confirmation notice.
The hotel is within walking distance from IFC as well as next to the Super Brand Mall which you will never be short of food. Great service and great place to rest after whole day of meetings..
All in all, great experience indeed!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ulfbremer, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear CrystineVal,

Thank you for your time posting your gracious comments on your recent stay, I have shared this with the team. We hope to see you soon in the near future.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, the Shangri la with its 2 buildings is a great hotel. But some would expect the thing that makes the difference. Got my newspaper only at 1 out of 3 mornings, the breakfast buffet is huge and offers many different kind of foods at different places but some would expect at least a little more explaination here and there of what to find where. Sometimes you have to search for things, such as butter, like during an Easter egg hunting. Never agree 'to just meet in the lobby' as there are 2 (100m awy from each other) and first time in the hotel you have no clue were you are. The sky bar lacks a bit of character inside. The view takes care of it. Excellent location (riverside, underground nearby) and lots of people ready to serve you.

ulfbremer, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear olymp25,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel. We apologise that we have not met your expectations in our service delivery. In order for us to improve, we would like to find out more details from you. Please assist us by contacting me at my email address ulf.bremer@shangri-l.com.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Good rooms, good service, good food, good staff, good restaurants and so on. The internet is highspeed enough and the restaurant on the 2nd floor is huge with at least 15 different types of cuisines. The staff speak English like native English speakers. The lifts are fast, you don't have to wait long for them. The decor is what you can expect from the Shangri la brand. Location is very convenient, very close to the Bund on the Pudong side.

Room Tip: Higher the room, more spectacular the view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hrishikul298
Dear hrishikul298,

Thank you very much for your nice review. It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you to Pudong Shangri-La again in the near future.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This my first time in Shangri la Pudong hotel. I stayed at the Horizon Club where the service is excellent and very professional. The staff at the club are so helpful and client oriented that they helped me to find my wallet that I lost at Singapore airport!!! The ladies in the club called the Lost and Found desk at Singapore airport and gave them all the information about my wallet and after a while they gave me the good news that my wallet was found and I can collect when I back home at Singapore!! Iam really very impressed. Special thanks to liz who did a great job.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Maha B,

It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We put a lot of focus on training our employees to ensure an outstanding experience to our guests. I will pass on your kind feedback to Liz. We trust you have had a safe journey back to Singapore and hope to welcome you again in the near future.