Stayed in the Rendezvous Merry Hotel in Shanghai for 10 days in January 2012. The stay itself was OK but nothing special.
However, the day I left the cleaning staff stole several hundred dollars out the safe in my room. Hotel management assured me they would do everything to solve the issue. But as soon as I had left the hotel they started to ignore me completely. Several attempts to contact them regarding the issue were unsuccessful.
I find it extremely surprising how poorly an international business hotel chain handles an issue like this. Hotel staff stealing money from a customer and management ignoring the issue is not the best reputation for a hotel that prides itself with "professional and exceptional level of service".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Rendezvous Merry Hotel Shanghai, we are delighted to announce that we will soon be renamed Rendezvous Hotel Shanghai Merry.Whether you are travelling for business or leisure, you will appreciate the convenience of having many of the city’s major attractions and offices at your doorstep. Conveniently located along Yan An West Road in Shanghai’s Puxi district, you can walk to Nanjing Road in five minutes, and popular sites like the Bund, Xintiandi, Yuyuan Garden and People’s Square are just a short drive from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Merry Hotel Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Merry Shanghai
- Shanghai Rendezvous Merry Hotel