All reviewshuaihai roadiapm mallbedroom windowquality roomsnice hotelshower bathsubway systemgood sizerestaurants and shoppingroom facilitiestea bagshotel is locatedan updatespeak englisha great place to staystayed for nightswestern options
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Stayed for 4 nights in early july. Hotel booked by a friend using their corporate rates which is lower than any published rate i have seen.

Location of hotel is unbeatable for shopping in Huai Hai zhong lu or chengle lu. There is always lots of taxi around the hotel, I never have to wait more than 5 minutes for a taxi compared to the hotel I normally stayed in nanjing lu.

Room is good, checking in swift, service is good. This is a grand old lady and they are not shy in advertising the VIP they have served, but those were the days when shanghai havent got their marriot or hiltons.

I have no complaints about this hotel, very happy, house keeping is good and deligent, breakfast is good, everything is the way it should be. Complements must be given to the management as a lot of work must have gone in for a chinese run hotel to attain this international 5 star standard.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of a 9 day China tour. It was in a good location very close to a lot of shopping and restaurants.

Our room was on the 13th floor which was initially a bad omen but the floor ended up being fine. I believe there are 42 floors total. We were part of a group so check-in was taken care of for us and we didn't have any problems with any of the services. The breakfast buffet was very good with a lot of different options.

The bed in the room was very comfortable and we liked the swiveling flat panel TV that we could align to the bed or to the desk area. As we had encountered at a previous hotel in Beijing, there was a glass window between the bathroom and the main room area that provided very little privacy, even with the curtain drawn. I guess it's something in the culture so I'd advise against sharing a room!

The bathroom was a good size with a separate shower and bathtub. My wife noticed that the power of the hair dryer was a little low but nothing that she couldn't overcome.

Overall, this was a nice hotel that exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank MichaelRinck
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Had a hiccup at check in, despite having a reservation confirmation they did not have our 3 rooms booked. After about 30 minutes we were settled in our rooms. Over our 5 days we enjoyed the buffet breakfast, gym and day spa. Our rooms were respectably clean each evening when we returned from our shopping expeditions. The concierge, despite speaking little english, was always cheerful and helpful as were desk staff and cleaners. I'd go back in a heartbeat, but i would like to visit after Expo to see if the service was just bumped up for the occasion. They get two thumbs up from me

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2010

I disliked almost everything except for location. Front desk staff are very unprofessional and very impolite.
It took almost 1 hour and 30 minutes for house keeping staff to show up for a plugged toilet after calling the front desk 3 times. It was just terrible.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Really loved this hotel. Good location, very nice rooms and staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends