All reviewshuaihai roadiapm mallbedroom windowquality roomsnice hotelshower bathsubway systemgood sizerestaurants and shoppingroom facilitiestea bagshotel is locatedan updatespeak englisha great place to staystayed for nightswestern options
Reviewed July 21, 2009

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed June 19, 2009

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I read the other reviews and I found the hotel to be not bad at all.
The first room we stayed in was ultra modern although a bit small; 42" plasma TV, good bed, etc; one problem: the wall separating the bathroom from the rest of the room was all glass. That rules out visitors, to say the least.
In the room we found a coffee maker, a small fridge, cups and saucers, some cutlery, etc.
After the cruise we stayed in a different older room that was actually much better; needed some paint, but it was larger, and had a more traditional bathroom.
We liked the buffet for dinner and the food in the lobby; there is a small gift shop where one can buy water and other drinks, though the hotel supplies two free bottles of water a day, as do most other hotels.
Everybody was actually very helpful, although English was definitely not fluently spoken; but they did try and we managed. The concierge was, however, a bit useless.
The location was adequate, though personally I would have preferred a more central location, near the pedestrian mall or the Yu Yuan Gardens. We found our best souvenirs in the small towns during the river cruise. I don't think the shopping in Shanghai is as great as everybody makes it sound.
We did experience the unrelenting noise from the construction site nearby; this is all over Shanghai now, since they are preparing for the World Expo next year. The Bund, for instance, is a mess.
All in all, it was a pleasant experience, though next time I would go for the J.W. Marriott's better location.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2009

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Jin Jiang was my last stop. I had finished all my Business meetings and wanted to stay in a good shopping area for 2 days. The Rooms were lovely, tariff not too bad, but the staff was extremely cold and tried to charge for the complimentary water to discourage me from asking for water - since I do require more than a couple of small bottles a day! The massage parlour staff, too, forced a big tip out of me. The good thing about this Hotel is that there are a lot of good shopping places close by. The Buddha Jade Temple is also not too far off. Lots of nice restaurants around to chose from.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Konline