All reviewshuaihai roadiapm mallbedroom windowquality roomsshower bathsubway systemgood sizerestaurants and shoppingroom facilitiestea bagshotel is locatedan updatespeak englisha great place to staystayed for nightswestern optionschinese dishes
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Beware...the rooms are large and definitely setup for business, but with that comes some really nice luxuries, made all the better for us as we were at the end of a long trip around china.

It is ideally placed for the metro, and within quick easy walk or tube of everywhere you might want to go.

The huge glass wall from bathroom to bedroom is interesting...but being able to watch the tele either in the bath shower or even on the loo is curious, (far more people will be trying it than admitting it!!!) Get the right room, and the views are superb.

It is very clean, efficient and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Jill W, Public Relations Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your experiences at Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were comfortable in your room.
The room type is an attempt we made to create more open space in the room. Concerning about the acceptence for all the guests, we provide a curtain for your choice.

Jin Jiang Hotels is the largest hotel management group in China. We hope you may get more and more familiar with the brand during your next trip to China.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was with my friend .. In a business trip .. It was recommended by my partner in Shanghai .. The hotel is in the middle of shanghai .. The rate is good .. The Taxis available outside the hotel gate .. They provide internet during your stay with additional fees which is recommended. They provide Islamic food by order.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your impressions of our hotel. I am grateful to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our management so they may be recognized for their commitment to service.

We hope that you are enjoying a pleasant journey onwards and we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

For the positive: the rooms are good, the location excellent... for the negative: but the food is overly priced but very very poor quality, the staff is untrained, very very bad service. 80 rmb for a very very small portion of very bad tiramisu served in the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your review of your most recent stay with us.

I am pleased to know you are satisfied with the room. However, I am so disappointed to hear that your impressions of my colleagues and the food are so poor; however, we will be sure to use your comments for our development.

Please know that we would be eager to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

First of all, for those of you who are planning to stay at this hotel in the near future - do not do it unless you need/want to get up really early in the morning...There is a big construction site right next to the hotel, and they start the work at 6.30 am. After that, it is absolutely impossible to continue sleeping. My room was facing the construction site, so the noise was awful. Maybe it is better on the other side, so if you DO stay at Jin Jiang, ask for a room that is on the other side.

Having said that, there was other noise as well. My hotel room wall was so thin that I could hear the person next door snoring (this was before the construction noise). It felt as if there was no wall between us at all. Very unpleasant. However, I am a light sleeper, so maybe this wouldn't bother those of you who sleep more deeply.

My colleague got an upset stomach after the hotel breakfast, which is quite worrying. I was ok (didn't have breakfast, but had dinner), although the food at the hotel certainly wasn't anything to celebrate.

Otherwise, this hotel is ok for a Chinese hotel. Don't be fooled, it is NOWHERE close to five stars, or even four in international terms...max. three. Rooms are large (I got an upgrade though), my bed was clean and the room tidy overall, but the room was quite worn down and the corners of the bathroom were moldy. The internet connection worked surprisingly well.

Before I arrived at the hotel, I enquired about getting a hotel car to pick me up from the airport. I never got an answer from them at all, so can't say that the service would have been good...However, the reception staff were efficient and spoke good English.

Room Tip: While there is construction work ongoing next to the hotel, ask for a room on the opposite site.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for bringing this to our attention and I feel very sorry about your unpleasant experience.

It must have been frustrating to get bothered by the noise in room. I also understand how disappointed it is when you didn't get any answer on the demand of limousine service. I have addressed all the problems seriously with my team. Your suggestions will be well-noted, as we are always trying to recognize what our guests value most. I truly hope this inconvenience caused would not damage your impression on the Jin Jiang Hotels.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Jin Jiang Tower usually is one of the cheapest 5 star hotels in Shanghai center, and while not up to the standard of other 5 star hotels like hilton etc., you get good value for money. Rooms are large and well equipped, service is ok and in the 7-8 times that I've stayed here over the past two years, I have received a room upgrade quite a few times. Breakfast is good too, and location, close to huaihai road is just excellent.

Only downside is a bit of slow internet connection, and what pissed me off a few times this year is that the gym and sauna have been closed for over a year; with every time the re-opening date getting postponed. They don't mention this on their site, and once I send an e-mail to enquire about it before booking, but I never got a reply. I don't know if it's reopened (they used to have a very large Japanese style hot bath and jacuzzi) now though.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business