All reviews huaihai road iapm mall bedroom window quality rooms shower bath subway system good size restaurants and shopping room facilities tea bags hotel is located an update speak english a great place to stay stayed for nights western options chinese dishes
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have stayed here a few times and the room are very good. They are refurbishing the revolving restaurant but they have opened a new restaurant on the ground floor.

My only real criticism of the hotel is that the check in and check out always takes a long time.

Hotel is handy for one of the mainshopping streets, which is just round the corner.

Room Tip: The other point is that you need to remember to specify a non smoking room, if you want one, when you book.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Jill W, Public Relations Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your review of your most recent stay with us.

I am grateful to know that you enjoy the facilites and location. We will take your comments regarding the check-in and check-out experience into further consideration for our improvement. We are always pleased to know what our guests value most!

Please know that we would be eager to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future. I hope that we have the opportunity to having you back at Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Reviewed April 29, 2012

The location is definitely good, with short distances to great shopping areas, bars and restaurants. Also, the views from the room and restaurant in the hotel are great at night. Also, I got a deal, with two nights for two people at a price lower than the hotel's competitors. And, the distinctive tower makes it easy to find your way back (and hard for any unscrupulous taxi driver to take you the wrong way).

But, one of the reasons I booked this room was for the views over Shanghai in the 'revolving restaurant' on the top floor. We got to the top floor only to walk into a dark room with a sign saying that the restaurant was being renovated. So, no revolving for us.

Then, we went down to the ground floor restaurant, but the good looked pretty unappetising. Fortunately, we found a great place nearby for that first night.

Then, on Sunday morning (9am) the pneumatic drilling started. Again, we'd been given no indication that this would happen. At first we thought it was from the building site across the way (oh, yeah, there's a building site across the way...), but it seemed to be coming from inside the building. Presumably, it was the renovation of the revolving restaurant.

So, we left early, fed up of the noise.

As others have mentioned, the rooms are also a little tired looking, but made up for by the views.

If you book, make sure you ask the right questions. (And, don't go on to the internet in the hotel without following the procedure they tell you about - I tried to connect to an available network, thinking that it was the right way of doing it, and that same day my Gmail account fired off 30 emails to my contact list asking them to click on a link...somewhere in Iran is a server with my email password on it).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tractarian76
Reviewed April 17, 2012

No complaints about the hotel, nice room, good service, great breakfast, only problem is you have to pay for the wifi, with is a bit pricy, considering all the lower price backpackers i normally stay at have free internet for guest. the hotel seems to allow working girls to operate within the hotel, nightly i had call girl cards put under my door, and was approved by girls for hire in the lobby, with a very dodgy guy standing not far away watching. so beware and don't by your self any trouble. out side of that the hotel is a nice place in a nice area of Shanghai

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I booked this hotel through my agent in Hong Kong. I stayed with my colleague for a total of 3 nights. Location is great as it is on Changle Lu and is close to my favourite Museum of Indigo block printing (Changle Lu No 637) However, the first thing I found was there was no free wifi. I called the front desk to ask what has happened and what he said was that the Hong Kong agent was to be blamed as they had encountered many cases like this already. I told him he should reflect the problem with the travel agent to avoid future misunderstanding of other hotel guests, he responded to me coldly that there was nothing that they can do. In general, the staff here did not have good knowledge about the things around the area. For example, there is s free shuttle bus to tour around Shanghai nearby and we tried to ask them but all they told us was there was nothing like this. I am glad that we were adventurous enough to find it out by ourselves and had a really good ride. Plus the staff was not polite and professional as they always "huh" to us and showed unpleasantness when I asked them things.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Beautiful hotel, clean, shiny, and worth the amount paid....I would agree to Stevew918's review, they do have very interesting toilet seats ... loll..

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business