All reviews huaihai road iapm mall bedroom window quality rooms shower bath subway system good size restaurants and shopping room facilities tea bags hotel is located an update speak english a great place to stay stayed for nights western options chinese dishes
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I booked this hotel through my agent in Hong Kong. I stayed with my colleague for a total of 3 nights. Location is great as it is on Changle Lu and is close to my favourite Museum of Indigo block printing (Changle Lu No 637) However, the first thing I found was there was no free wifi. I called the front desk to ask what has happened and what he said was that the Hong Kong agent was to be blamed as they had encountered many cases like this already. I told him he should reflect the problem with the travel agent to avoid future misunderstanding of other hotel guests, he responded to me coldly that there was nothing that they can do. In general, the staff here did not have good knowledge about the things around the area. For example, there is s free shuttle bus to tour around Shanghai nearby and we tried to ask them but all they told us was there was nothing like this. I am glad that we were adventurous enough to find it out by ourselves and had a really good ride. Plus the staff was not polite and professional as they always "huh" to us and showed unpleasantness when I asked them things.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Beautiful hotel, clean, shiny, and worth the amount paid....I would agree to Stevew918's review, they do have very interesting toilet seats ... loll..

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We arrived very early and were informed that we would have to wait until noon (which is ok). Then a room was suddenly available for a surcharge of 500 y (which I refused). And then, the room was suddenly available for a surcharge of 80 y incl. broadband (which I took). Don't let reception trick you too much...

Room was nice, location is acceptable. Didn't go for breakfast or use other facilities. OK hotel if you can get a deal on the room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andre1312
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is part of my two week Henan / Shanxi tour, and was arranged by the travel agent. I have stayed here and reviewed it in 2008.

The hotel and surrounding are under a lot of construction, so be aware. The hotel closed the gym, rotating restaurant and swimming pool for remodeling. There is noisy construction next block, with pounding sound late into the evening.

There are some shops and nice restaurants nearby, but it is further from the bund, Nanking Road shopping, and you have to walk several blocks to catch the subway. Glad that the bellboys were very helpful to hail taxi for us.

The room is clean and comfortable, but the bathroom needs more careful thorough cleaning once a while as I saw some minor mold on grout and at the bottom of the shower curtain. They have a special toilet seat that can wash, dry and massage, Very interesting!

There is wifi for internet connection in the lobby. However, there is no seat in the lobby area, so I had to sit awkwardly sat on the edge of the flower bed.

I stayed and reviewed this hotel in 2008. Seems like they are renocating the hotel. But being that several facilities are closed at this time, you may want to consider these factors when you make reservation.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This hotel is located close to the little locally-owned clothing stores that line the streets... the neighbourhood has a pleasant character. It is also a short taxi ride away from the Bund, and from the district with all of the expensive international brand-name stores.

The hotel itself is comfortable -- fluffy bed, washed comforter cover, fluffy pillows (and enough of them, too). The room was a good size. There was a bit of mould in the corner of the shower, but other than that, it was clean. The internet is paid for by the day, and it worked, despite being slow at times. There is a nice reading light on each side of the bed so that you can read in the evening, or keep it on dimly so that you can find your way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

The staff are helpful and polite and they will go into the streets to get a taxi for you at the front door.

Overall, a good sleep and I would consider staying there again when in Shanghai.

Room Tip: Shanghai has 24-hour construction taking place as it builds up quickly. If you are travelling in the next little while, as for a room that does not face the construction site... it kept me awake one night. Once the building across the street is built, this problem will go away.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo