InterContinental Shanghai Pudong
Baoan Hotel(Shanghai)
Liangyou Hotel(Shanghai)
Zhongdian Hotel(Shanghai)
1,303 results
All reviewsambassador memberthe club loungecentury avebusiness tripbreakfast buffetroom upgradegreat businessthe financial districtconvenient locationexcellent hotelsubway stationnoodlestaxi driverchinese restaurantpudongchinaihg
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked two nights online and wheni arrived, they upgraded me to a club suite and they gave me late check out. Service is excellent and the facilities are well maintained. I think the area where they can improve further is the buffet breakfast. Not too many options

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I only stayed there for one short night before catching my flight back home, but I wish I could have stayed there longer to enjoy this hotel. I really liked the way the rooms were designed and they were spacious enough. The A/C was working well so I could relax before catching the plane. There was so much food at breakfeast that I couldn't try everything. Coffee was also delicious. Finally, two thumbs up for Gordon and Daisy at the front desk for their professionalism and dedicated service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Manuel P
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just recently stayed at the Intercon in Shanghai Pudong for 12 nights as I look for an apartment and I could not have stayed at a better hotel.
The staff were great, from the reception desk to housekeeping to the breakfast staff and to the door men.
Breakfast was complete even though we stayed there for 12 nights, there were enough selections that one could literally try something different every day.
We had a low, sports car to park which would have been tricky with the dip in the garage so the door men allowed us to park at the front of the hotel besides the bus.... everyday!!
Housekeeping always respected our privacy but would always offer us fresh towels and bottles of water without being prompted.
The staff mostly all speak English and always try to provide service with a smile.
One negative may be the pool area. Difficult to get to :-(
Overall - I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Shanghai for business or pleasure or while apartment hunting.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShanghaiArnie
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast is complete and long time span. No great alternative restaurants in the building, but easy access and fairly well known by taxis. Be careful that you know Intercontinental Pudong, not Expo. Zhangyang Lu.

Rooms are a good size-easy layout. Some renovations underway at the moment, so a little dusty and a little noise, but mostly contained.

Location is good for business in Pudong. Good for a getaway from normal Chinese cities. Two metro stops close by. Staff speaks English fairly well - enough to help.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Blib2
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Although I arrived after an overnight flight at 10.00am my room was ready which was a welcome start to my stay. Very well appointed room with comfortable bed and effective, quiet air conditioning (outside it was 40c). There is Free Wi-Fi for two hours but simply log out and back in to restart. I was on the 14th floor with proper soundproofing from the street noise below.
Gym and small pool are to a good standard.

The staff are helpful with the concierge doing a professional job briefing taxi drivers for you. He will also write out your destination in Chinese if required as the taxi drivers usually don't have any English. Pick up a hotel card before you go out, although for back up the address is also on your key card. The drivers are fast (sometime little scarily) but reliable and cheap. The 30km from the airport is only between £15-20. Trips around the city £5-10 depending on traffic. At the airport DO NOT use the taxi touts in arrivals, you will be ripped off, ignore them and go downstairs to the official taxi rank.

A wide choice for breakfast with fresh pastries. Didn't eat in the restaurant, the bar food was fine.

The hotel is well located, but if you are going to move around this large dispersed city wherever you're based you will never be in the right place for everything.

I found a great value price on-line, well under advertised rates, so worth shopping around.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business