“Club room comments”

Ranked #42 of 5,082 Hotels in Shanghai
Shanghai, China
“Club room comments”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel for seven years, along with many other InterContinental Hotels around the world. The staff at the Club here is to be commended for their outstanding performance on a daily basis. They are uniformally kind, pleasant efficient and always friendly. It's always a pleasure to be here for me and my associates.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
St. Louis
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I've been staying at the InterContinental in Shanghai every year for five years while attending the China Music show. It's always one of my favorite stays in Asia. The staff are top notch, always friendly and really go out of their way to make you feel at home, this is especially true of the Club personal. A big thank you to the staff!

Room Tip: The club rooms are nice...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Humancapo
Beckenham
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Can't find much to fault the hotel and the staff were almost overwhelmingly friendly and highly efficient (except, strangely, in the Business Centre). Executive Suite and Club Lounge strongly recommended. Location is in a modern business district without much character but is only 5 minutes from subway station which is just a few stops from the major tourist attractions. The new Times Square shopping mall is 5 minutes in the opposite direction and has a few dining options. We stayed in two separate rooms on the top floor, both very well equipped and spacious but the first noisy, due to high winds and/or proximity to air conditioning unit on roof.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Great hotel for business travelers. Good View from rooms and easy accessibility.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Surmen
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 7, 2011

1) the facilities are great. The room is clean and everything seems brand new. It's not within walking distance to anything...

2) the service was quite poor. I generally do not have extremely high standards and am a reasonably understanding person. However I was upset because the front desk manager and the people at the front desk were quite rude to me. They were not welcoming and sort of laughed at me for asking about free internet. I felt insulted and embarrassed. They then told me I should purchase their $250 rewards card so I would get access to internet in the lobby. I'd expect this at hotels in NYC.. but not in Asia.. where service is supposed to be top notch. Also, the bell hop didn't help me with my bags. In fact they left my bags outside. I had moved hotels several times and stayed at the Hyatt on the bund, the westin, the park hyatt, and jw marriott. This hotel ranks far below those in service. stay here if you can get it for under RMB 600... because that's what it's worth.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank jk800
mirandali, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Shanghai Pudong, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share the feedbacks with us, and we feel really sorry about the unpleasant experience of your stay.

The matters you highlighted are extremely disappointing to hear and we would ask that you accept our sincere apologies. Please grant us an opportunity to extend the true InterContinental service that we are renowned.

I am glad to hear you like the rooms and please visit our newly renovated Chinese Restaurant on the second floor of the hotel during your next stay.

You are welcomed to make the reservation directly with me via Miranda.li@ihg.com for your future visit, and I will introduce our Front Office Manager Mr. Robert Pattenden to you for more feedbacks and suggestions.

Hope you come back and stay with us soon.

Best regards,

Miranda
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel several times this month and last. The hotel consistently provides excellent service especially the executive lounge and newly refurblished Chinese restaurants. the food provided is of top quality and sumptuous. Happy hours, the best in town.
Room is spacious and clean as well as comfortable, facilities great for business meetings.fitness room and swimming facilities, however, small but clean, adquate for routine execises.
A very comfortable stay or stays. the most recent one is the past two days, Oct 3 &4

Room Tip: executive rooms are the best
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel for the third time recently and am happy to report that its nice rooms and good service have been maintained well.

Two points that dented an otherwise perfect experience:

- I accepted an offer to upgrade to one of the club floors and had to ask the staff what additional service I'd get by doing that. He didn't seem clear about all the perks, and informed me about the breakfast/tea on the 24th floor, complementary ironing of two shirts and he drifted off as if he'd forgotten something else.

- I tried breakfast on the 24th floor on one morning and was disappointed to find the selection of food to be very limited compared with what I'd get by dining with the masses on the ground floor. Also, hot food had to be ordered, and it took a while (15 mins) to prepare a simple bowl of noodles. The staff apologized for the delay and said that if I was in a hurry I can dine on the ground floor, although it wouldn't be that refined an experience. I also heard another diner behind me leave before getting her hot meal because she couldn't afford the long wait.

I don't see any great benefit from dining on the 24th as the range of options is smaller, and the wait for cooked food, longer. I would also have liked to have a menu informing me of the choices for cooked food, as the waitress only verbally offered me wanton noodles and beef noodles (likely because I'm Asian).

It's somewhat quieter on the 24th, but even this is often disturbed by the staff trying out their English chatting with Caucasian customers. Service to Asian customers seemed to be not as warm.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
mirandali, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Shanghai Pudong, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We are very sorry about the disappointing experience in our Executive Lunge. But we would like to inform you that we have already shared the comments with our colleagues to ensure that we improve our level of service immediately.

We hope that you may grant us another opportunity to show you that the experience is not our normal standard and we would like to invite you to meet our Executive Club Manager, Ms. Lily Meng, for more feedback and suggestions.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and wish you come back soon.

Best Regards,