All reviewsgood sizebusiness travelernice hotelminutes walkingbusiness tripfirst floorexhibition centrehotel lobbyrooms are cleanbreakfast buffet isthe executive loungecentury parkstayed here for nightsmy colleagueguest roomsconvenience storespecial thanks
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I stayed at Holiday Inn with my partners, and I thought the hotel was perfect for my business trip. Staff was ok, some of them in front desk could speak better english, and could be more prepared to give tips about restaurants, and other places near the hotel. Other than that, it was a great stay, and I would go back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2010

This hotel has been renovated and generally looks nice and clean. The room and beds are comfortable, except the bathrooms. The standard rooms have shower place facing the room with glass partition - with blinds. The blinds were malfunctioned in the rooms assigned to me and my friend. Resulting that it became a see through shower place. For family stay and friends sharing rooms, it may cause a lot of inconvenience. As I shared room with my teenager daughter, they readily change room for us, this time with a blind that works. The hotel has a sizable swimming pool which we enjoyed very much. It seems that their recent renovation did include the bath and changing room of the pool. They are stained and smell bad.
The hotel is at the 5 minutes walking distance to the subway station, very convenient to move around to any part of Shanghai. The staffs are friendly and helpful. The quality of buffet breakfast is good in standard of a 4-stars hotel. I shall certainly stay again in this hotel if I shall return to Shanghai.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I stayed here for two nights and was fairly comfortable. The bed was clean and soft, the air conditioning is very cold, and there are several TV channels in English available. The room was quiet, I was comfortable, and I slept very well. The room is modern and looks fairly new. However, the bathroom looked like it could use a more thorough cleaning as there were some "splatters" on the wall near the toilet and on the mirror. There was a rubber duck in the tub/shower which I assume was left there on purpose by the hotel, but it was dirty and had mildew stains. I wondered how many baths this duck had with previous guests. The towels were worn and thin and had holes and black marks on them. My room smelled just slightly of old cigarette smoke although it was non-smoking. I picked up the phone to call room service and the speaker on the handset REEKED like a smoker had been breathing into it! That was really weird. I ordered a chicken caesar salad which arrived chicken-less with warm, wilted lettuce swimming in a soup of dressing among soggy crutons. I took one bite and spat it out. I didn't bother sending it back because the room service personnel could barely understand English when I ordered. I probably will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank klatu80
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I Booked a 4 night stay on room-only basis, the hotel is in the Century Road area. Check-in was straight forward, all the amenities and hotel features were pointed out to me. I was given an upgrade to an Executive Room with Lounge Access.

The room was on the 16th floor and was extremely spacious and luxuriously appointed with tea and coffee facilities, large plasma TV with around 40 channels, mini bar, complimentary bottled water. There was a glass working desk and small sitting area, also a laptop safe hidden by a sliding door. The bathroom was large with a huge square bath however it is more quirky than anything and a way a saving space.

I took breakfast in the main restaurant, I ate early and there was a wide selection of hot/cold food with distinct serving areas. The restaurant filled very quickly but the food was soon replenished.

As I had lounge access, I made use of it on several occasions. I was always warmly welcomed by the staff. Breakfast is served from 7am onwards and there is a good selection of hot and cold food, not quite as extensive range as the main restaurant but a good alternative. In the evening alcoholic drinks are served by staff and are swiftly topped up without prompting, also a large selection of snacks was available but as soon as these were taken they were not replaced. Soft drinks and tea/coffee served throughout the day with fruit/biscuits available. From the Smoking Area there is a great view of surrounding area.

The metro station Pudian Road on Line 4 (Inner/Outer Circle Line) is a five minute walk from the hotel and serves Shanghai Railway Station. By changing at Century Road an ideal connection for Lujiazui (Oriental Pearl Tower) and Longyang Road (Maglev for Pudong International Airport))

An excellent hotel in a convenient part of Pudong, and efficiently run. I would happily return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank paullegate
Reviewed April 3, 2010

A newly revamped hotel. Fresh modern design. Got a great internet offer. Not too far from where you need to be. Big rooms. Great food, great room service even at 2am. it was a great place to stay at a great price. All round great value.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business