The hotel is definitely not a 5 star hotel as they advertise on their website. It is an okay hotel with a good location near The Bund, but it is certainly not a 5 star hotel.
- They charge 80 RMB (13 USD) per day for internet, but the internet is not upgraded to the level which could be expected in 2012, it's gave me big problems as I come to Shanghai for business and need efficient internet.
- Climate system are not cooling in the winter season although the temperature of my room was 26 degrees (celcius)
-The hotel appears a bit worn in different places, it's need renovation and upgrading.
- Service is okay but absolutely not top level.
- Breakfast is not giving value for money as well, they charge a price of 147 RMB (25 USD), the last few days I went to a Starbock's coffee shop nearby instead of having breakfast at the hotel.
I have been here several times in the past 10 years, at this hotel, and they have repeatedly announced that they are in the process of renovation but I can not see any improvement. It will probably be the last time that I stay here.
PS: I have been many times in China and had many positive experiences in other hotels.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Broadway Mansions Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Broadway Mansions Shanghai
- Hotel Broadway Mansions