“Convenient for a Business Trip”

Hua Ting Hotel & Towers
Ranked #136 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel was a convenient location for a week long business trip as it is close to express ways and metro station. Rooms are basic and reasonably clean, although somewhat dated.

Breakfast, from a European standpoint, was poor, food offered was too heavy for breakfast and is better suited for lunch time.

All in all, acceptable for business trip, but if I would be visiting for a leisure, I would go for a different option closer to the Bund (even though metro stop is just outside it can take up to 40 min to reach the Bund).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
angela z, Manager at Hua Ting Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Srdjan K ,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on TripAdervisor. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay here.
We will address the shortcomings you brought to our attention and actions necessary to rectify the problem will be taken. Your comments are much appreciated for feedback likes yours enables us to identify opportunities to improve our standards of service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai Hua Ting Hotel & Towels in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Hua Ting Hotel & Towers

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last August for 3 nights. Though it was away from the center of Shanghai, the hotel itself is superb. It is 5 minutes away from the train station and also walking distance from a local shopping mall and IKEA. The hotel is so big as well as the reception/waiting area. The rooms are big enough and the comfort room has to be commended. They are both spacious, well maintained and clean. There was an instance that my door key card did not work and the room cleaner from my neighbor is very helpful and ran down to change mine. The buffet breakfast was absolutely fantastic! It gives you variety of choices and the restaurant itself is very big! Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
angela z, Manager at Hua Ting Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Imple,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on TRIPADVISOR. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay here.
We take pride in offering high standards of service at all times, and your comments will certainly encourage us in our pursuit of excellence. Please accept our sincere appreciation.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I write this email from a business traveller perspective. As such, my expectations are heightened due to the number of hotels my work pays to put me up in. I choose to stay here because it was close to the Shanghai Arena where an exhibition I was attending was held.

Compared to other hotels I have stayed at in China, including Shanghai I would say the Hua Ting (pronounced wah ting) is let down by the old rooms. Mine was musty smelling and the bathroom has seen better days! The cups provided in room are small (sorry - this bugged me) and there was no iron / iron board in room. But they were quick to send one my way when I requested. Overall, service was okay. Don't expect a smile though!!

The room is the major let down which is a shame as the rest of the hotel is quite nice and the location is good. The food is great and a good price. Beer is on the pricier side but there is a shop a minute from the hotel which sells beer for less than a £1 (100 rmb) - perfect if you want a couple in your room.

The spa is okay. Although sauna didn't get hot enough for me and the steam room was out of order. Gym is large and they have a hot jacuzzi and a swimming pool. Avoid a massage there - it is over priced and not good! I had a neck and shoulder problem I was hoping to get eased. The masseuse (aka con artist) wanted to charge me more for a harder pressure massage??? A first by me!!!

I am sure there are better hotels in Shanghai at a similar price point to this one.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
angela z, Manager at Hua Ting Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Lee_rb81,

On behalf of the entire staff at Shanghai Hua Ting Hotel & Towers, please accept my sincere apologies for the unfortunate incident you encountered during your recent stay with us. Please be assured that an investigation into the situation has begun already.

The incident has allowed my colleagues and I the earnest opportunity to examine our shortcomings. We will strive to ensure that such episodes are not repeated, and that all guests are treated with the superior level of service that they expect here.

Shanghai Hua Ting Hotel & Towers

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

When you enter the hall it seems wonderful, so elegant and luxurious. The best thing of this hotel is the all itself, and the breakfast, with such a variety of items from Chinese and International cooking!!! But now comes the worst part: the bathroom wasn't cleaned up well, the a/c didn't work, the room is quite small (not a five stars one, even if with wonderful view on Shangai), the towels weren't replaced on the second day (i don't say they didn't change them, they did but forgot to give us the new ones), the wifi was free only in the business room on the second floor, in the rooms you had to pay for it. The sistem of room lights didn't work well (the bathroom ones could not be switched on except if you remove and insert again the room key). The furniture was old and a little bit damaged. In summary, not a five stars hotel..

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Romangirl79,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TRIPADVISOR. Our ultimate goal is to provide guests with an exceptional environment and superior service.

It is with great regret that I learned of the unfortunate experience that you had during your stay. I extend my sincerest apologies to you on behalf of the entire staff at Shanghai Hua Ting Hotel & Towers,

This Incident has allowed my colleagues and I the earnest opportunity to examine our shortcomings. We will strive to ensure that such episodes are not repeated, and that all guests are treated with the superior level of service that they expect here. We hope sincerely that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you under more pleasant circumstances in the future.

Shanghai Hua Ting Hotel & Towers

Reviewed November 6, 2013

In China to visit a plant in Changshu and wanted to stay in Shanghai before flight home. Good location to visit spots in town for sightseeing and dining. Very nice hotel, excellent buffet, especially for breakfast. Cab fares to other points are very reasonable and easy.

Hotel is right across the street from the Arena and Stadium.

Smoking rooms are available

Dear glassman72,

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was my 5th visit and i have to say a big thank you to everyone.
Especially the band, who as ever were welcoming to everyone and made everyone comfortable in the lounge bar.
I am a business man and i need to know that the entertainment will be morally correct and subtle enough for all to enjoy the ambiance in style. I entertain nearly every evening I am there , which is usually 10 days Well done you guys you tick every box for what a Hotel band should be!
big thanks to all the staff in the hotel
See you all in February 2014.

Room Tip: Yes the executive rooms are really well worth the extra money , just for breakfast overlooking shang...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was in Shanghai for business and did not get much time to explore the city. From Pudong Airport to Hua Ting it was about 190RMB taxi ride. Shanghai was a large city. While the hotel was close to the metro station (right outside of the door there were entrances to two different lines), it would take about 30-40 minutes to get to the Bund. So in terms of convenience, it was so-so. The hotel was on the old side but it was reasonably clean. There was no wifi connection in the room, and Internet connection was slow and costly. The breakfast was OK. I needed a late check-out because of meetings, and was granted it reluctantly. The concierge and bell hop were quite helpful, though. For a short business trip, it was an OK hotel. For leisure, it might be more convenient to find some place nearer to the sites.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business