Fairmont Peace Hotel
$145
  • Breakfast included
$156
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
$162
$567
$370
Hotels.com
2,270 results
All reviewsjazz barcathay roomgold loungethe dragonjasmine loungeart decophoenix restauranticonic hotelhigh teananjing roadwalk in closetacross the riverdressing roomfabulous hotelpudong skylinethe ground floorspecial thanks
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was probably my 3rd time to stay in this wonderful hotel. I just find the location very convenient right on the Bund. The hotel also has a long history, giving it a lot of significance in the local social scene. This was restored and renovated and is now managed by the Fairmont. It has maintained its old-world charm but at the same time introduced modern comfort and convenience to today's travelers. I find the room luxurious and elegant, very generously spaced and tastefully decorated. The beds are so comfortable! When I checked in, I had a nice fruit arrangement, welcome card and a plate of chocolates from the hotel management. Nice touch indeed. Wifi was also very reliable and fast. Thank goodness for my FPC membership that allows me this convenience. Check in and checkout were very smooth. Breakfast buffet up on the 8f is very sumptuous, and it has everything from Asian favorites to western staples. Did I mention about the stunning views of the Bund? It was excellent. The hotel is so conveniently located that it only takes a few steps to be by the Wangpo river and be amongst the hundreds of tourists taking breath-taking, post-card perfect, photos of the popular Shanghai skyline. I highly recommend staying at The Fairmont Peace the next time you visit Shanghai either for business or pleasure. May the Peace be with you...

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the lift as the hallways can be confusing. Take lots of pictures in the lobby, especially of the dome right in the middle. I
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear Octoberians,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your most recent stay with us. It is especially rewarding when we get to hear from our loyal guests like yourself and I know our entire team here will be excited to read your great feedback

We are looking forward to your next return and I would like to invite you to alert me directly at George.wee@fairmont.com so I can welcome you back personally.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

One of the Emperors of Shanghai - The Peace hotel is really Grand - fab location just off the Bund. Beautifully designed rooms, though a bit like the Canadian Fairmonts. Friendly staff and very helpful. A great terrace for evening parties overlooking the Bund. A feeling of old world charm of Shanghai.

Room Tip: Fairmont Gold Rooms are very good, even though with inner views. The hotel has suites after many countries like The Indian Suite, The Italian Suite, The Spanish, The American etc etc. All have different looks and tones
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Arvind_Meera,

We are absolutely delighted to read your outstanding feedback and we are very proud and happy to see that your visit will leave lasting memories for you.

I will look forward to sharing your feedback with the entire team and we are eagerly awaiting your return so that we can show you our warm and engaging hospitality once again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The staff at this hotel is so fantastic. If you get an option to upgrade to the Executive Lounge, it is a must. Great food, service and drinks. The concierge service is also handy. I stayed in a suite, and it was the best suite I have stayed in. The hotel is located right off the Bund and is central to anywhere you want to go.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Galen U,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your most recent stay with us. It is especially rewarding when we get to hear from our loyal guests and I know our entire Fairmont Gold team will be so happy to receive this.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed at the Fairmont Peace Hotel for 4 nights in May. The location couldn't be any better -- right on The Bund and close to everything. Lots of shopping and restaurants close by and the metro is about a 5 minutes walk away. The service was fantastic and the room was really nice. This is an iconic hotel, so the property itself was a tourist attraction -- we especially enjoyed the on-site museum. If you get a chance to visit Shanghai, I definitely would recommend staying here. We will be back.....one day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear RoseApple 9,

We are absolutely delighted to read your outstanding feedback and we are very proud and happy to see that your visit will leave lasting memories for youwith our unbeatable location and service to match

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was a lovely hotel and I was hooked on it from the moment I stepped into the lobby. It had that old world elegance and I couldn't take my eyes off of the ceiling, the old grillwork, and the other details that one only finds in a classic historic property. Our room was as lovely and sumptuous as the public space and I was sorry that we were only scheduled to stay there for two nights. By all means, have a drink up on the 9th floor rooftop bar after dark-- the view is just fantastic. This hotel really hit all of the marks in my estimation -- I just loved it!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear LillianLM,

I would like to extend my most sincere appreciation for you choosing to stay at our iconic property. This really is such a truly special building with so much history and unique designed that it goes unmatched in Shanghai.

As stewards of such a unique hotel we work very hard to respect it with the best possible service. I sincerely hope our team was also able to make that special connection with you.

We hope to see you again in the near future. Until then please take care.

Kindest Regards,