“I Did Not Want To Leave”

Fairmont Peace Hotel
Ranked #8 of 5,082 Hotels in Shanghai
San Francisco, California
“I Did Not Want To Leave”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying 9 days at the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai on a recent business trip. I have stayed in many luxury hotels around the world but this hotel wins hands down as the friendliest, best run hotel I have stayed at in a very long time. Superb staff featuring Diane, Fairmont Gold Supervisor; Ben in Concierge, and the wonderfully nice people in the Gold lounge, Winny, Tim, and Simon - not excluding Lily in the spa who treated me to a wonderful facial.
I give this hotel high marks and a big recommendation. Great location. It truly felt like my home away from home. Great job. Thanks

Room Tip: Stay on the Gold floor...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CarlTheFloorwalker
George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear CarlTheFloorwalker,

It gives me great pride and pleasure to be able to receive such wonderful feedback and we are all so excited to know you had a memorable experience. I want to thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with your fellow travelers.

I also greatly appreciate that you were able to experience the engaging service of our team an will personally thank Ben, Diane, Winny, Tim, Simon and Lily for their great efforts.

I will be looking forward to the opportunity to share your feedback with the entire team here. We will look forward to hopefully welcoming you back upon your next visit to Shanghai.

Kindest Regards,

George Wee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My colleague and I have stayed twice at the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai and truly found it a wonderful experience. All of the staff and facilities are top notch and we will stay there again on our next trip. We will highly recommend it to anyone traveling to your city.
AMR

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear aridgway,

I would like to extend my most sincere appreciation for your wonderful feedback on your most recent experiences with us. It is always so rewarding for myself and the entire team to here from loyal guests like yourself. It will give me great pride and pleasure to recognize the team here and share this feedback with them.

We are looking forward to your next visit and I am confident that our team will find new ways to “WOW” you and provide the unique personalized service you come to expect of us.

I would very much appreciate if you send me an email at George.wee@fairmont.com so that I may welcome you back on your return.

Ulm, Germany
Reviewed September 13, 2013

hotel is located close to the BUND in Shanghai and very close to the main pedestrian zone on Nanjing East Road. the staff is very friendly, breakfast buffet ok, however the scenic view in the 8th floor is breathtaking. Rooms are spacious and excellently equipped. Turndown service the best I ever experienced. Flowers in the hotel everywhere and each day newly prepared.The Gym is also very spacious and excellently equipped.A pity that it is not open 24h, as most of the guests are from overseas. WLAN and LAN connection complimentary. Look for a room not located to the Nanjing East road, as the noice level from the street can be disturbing.
However, would go there any time again.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level room than 2nd floor and not looking to the Nanjing East road directly
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Juretennis1,

I also want to thank you for keying in on several experiences from your stay so that we can both recognized the colleagues and potentially fine tune our services.

I will look forward to sharing your feedback with our team and we certainly hope that you will find your way back to Shanghai so that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Marshall, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont Peace hotel for 2 nights at the end of a vacation traveling around China. Unlike some older properties, this one has been kept up, with rooms plush and clean. We returned one afternoon and found the room had not been made, due to a mix up over a do not disturb sign they thought we had turned on (we hadn't), but they sent a man right up who worked the room over for the next 45 minutes as we were waiting to go to dinner. Both dinner and breakfast in the hotel were quite good. And of course, the hotel is located right across the Bund from the river, so you can go out and enjoy the city on foot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donnakmc
George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear donnakmc,

We are very grateful for you taking the time to share with everyone your recent experience with us at the Fairmont Peace Hotel. I very much appreciate these well rounded comments on our iconic hotel and I can assure that I will review with the team her to ensure that we are always providing the best possible experience for all.

I do sincerely hope that you will get that chance to return to Shanghai and choose the Fairmont Peace Hotel once again.

Regards,

Cheshire, England
Reviewed September 11, 2013

What a fabulous hotel. We have just stayed there for 3 days and it was total bliss. It is really such an beautifully refurbished hotel, totally luxurious, genteel and with superb staff. Nothing was ever too much trouble. I would definitely recommend to everybody.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Farmers_7,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience at our iconic property. We are absolutely delighted that your overall stay was a memorable one. I also want to thank you for keying in on some your experiences with our colleagues who showed great care and attention to you.

Boston
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Located in the center of the Bund, alongside Nanjing rode, this grande dame is a terrific choice. You are just a few seconds from the waterfront, and a few minutes from many of the major sights of Shanghai. Rooms are typical high quality Fairmont and the staff is excellent. Food is quite good as well, and the cafe on the main floor is a great place to get a reasonably priced hotel breakfast, coffee and pastries. If you can get a decent rate - it isn't cheap - this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Bund.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear tworthyreviewer,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us at the Fairmont Peace Hotel. I greatly appreciate this opportunity you have given me to be able to recognize our colleagues for providing outstanding service to you during your stay.

I certainly hope that you will plan a return to Shanghai and our colleagues would greatly appreciate the opportunity to show our warm and engaging hospitality once again.

Nashville
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I knew what a wonderful hotel chain Fairmont is and this property in Shanghai didn't disappoint! The property is 90 plus years old, is a landmark on the Bund and I thank Viking River Cruises for making this hotel our home for 2 nights! One just walks around in Awe although the elevator to the restaurant on the 8th floor meant we had to come down to the 1st floor and then take another one to the 8th floor which has a beautiful panoramic view of this amazing city. Don't miss the Jazz Bar where the band is composed of Senior citizens :). The only meal we ate there was breakfast which was a delicious buffet. The English-speaking staff ( at least the ones we spoke to) were very helpful and friendly. I smile when I think about our stay in this historic place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear geege7056,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere appreciation for you taking the time to share your experiences at our iconic property. I will ensure that I personally take the time to share your wonderful insight with our colleagues.

We truly hope that you will find your way back to Shanghai for another visit and we will look forward to providing you our warm and engaging hospitality again.

Regards,