Fairmont Peace Hotel
  • Pool
      Oujun Hotel(Shanghai)
      Very Good 4/5
        2,240 results
        All reviewsjazz barcathay roomgold loungethe dragonjasmine loungeart decophoenix restauranticonic hotelhigh teananjing roadwalk in closetacross the riverdressing roomfabulous hotelpudong skylinethe ground floorspecial thanks
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed July 6, 2013

Where to begin? I consider the Fairmount Peace Hotel the major perk of my travels to China. When you wake up in the morning thinking you're at home...that's how comfortable it is. Well located. The jazz bar, the restaurant at breakfast , the staff, the beds...I'm there again on November!!

• Stayed: May 2013
        George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear 25brucel25,

I am absolutely delighted that you had such a memorable experience during your stay at our iconic property while in Shanghai. I want to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with your fellow travelers and for also allowing me the opportunity to share your feedback with the entire team here at the Fairmont Peace Hotel.

We will look forward to welcoming you back this coming November and showing you are warm and engaging hospitality once again.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was last in Shanghai in 2007 and wanted to have a look in the famed Peace Hotel, but unfortunately it was closed for renovations. At the time I said, should I return I would stay at the Peace Hotel. Fastfoward to 2013 and indeed I did return and yes I did stay at the Peace!

The hotel has been immaculately restored, nothing has been missed........it is superb. Fairmont has done a great job with the renovation and staff training. Our room was large and beautifully appointed; the bathroom was so luxurious I did not want to leave! All credit must be given to the interior designers who did an amazing job decorating this Art Deco palace. The guest rooms are large and luxurious and I loved the chandelier and Art Deco dressing table..........so glamorous old Shanghai.

We ate a very good breakfast each day in the stunning Dragon Phoenix Restaurant (which looked like something out of the Forbidden City). We also enjoyed a lovely high tea served from a chrome shadow box. Do make sure you visit the famed Jazz Bar (most entertaining and good to see these aged gents still playing there). We also did a tour of the hotel, which was a fascinating insight into this legendary hotel (and you get to see all the restaurants, bars and some suites, we saw the American Suite and a Riverview Suite and both were stunning). The pool and facilities were also first class.

This is one of the most famous hotels in the World and one the best also!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear cityhotelsightseeing,

It truly gives me great pride and pleasure to read your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us at our iconic property. Reading through all the details of the experiences you had at our property really shows that you took full advantage or your stay with us and I truly appreciate that. Being able to share your feedback to our team will help me to truly show them how much we appreciate all of their hard work and service provided to you and all our guests.

Your experience really speaks to what we strive to achieve for all of our guests and these comments will allow us to share the story and continue to inspire our team to always do more for our guests.

We sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back and showing you our warm hospitality once again.

General Manager.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I chose the Fairmont Peace Hotel to propose to my girlfriend in April this year and it was a great choice.

As we live in Shanghai we had already visited the Peace a few times to see the late night jazz band play. We were both immediately in love with the feeling of the place and its history. Fairmont has done a great job with the renovation, I still remember the place from my first time here in 2004.

When thinking about how to arrange the proposal to my loved one, the hotel immediately came to mind. The concierge Ben was great in setting everything up on short notice and his colleague Justin was equally helpful in executing on the actual day.

The team helped me chose the perfect room (Indian Suite) after seeing a few of them and gave me a good deal for the membership floor as well.

As I wanted to surprise my girlfriend, I had told her that a Sunday massage at the Peace Hotel was the gift for her birthday the day after. I had arranged to have her picked up for a "special tour" of the hotel by an employee and was waiting for her in the suite to surprise her. The girl (Diane) executed it perfectly and sent her in without giving it away.

We stayed the night and enjoyed the wonderful room with its nice decor with historical windows and a great blend of old and new, as well as the stunning view of course.
        The next day we were able to have a great breakfast in the club room and enjoyed the pool, the room and a late checkout.

On both days, we were treated to smiles and good wishes from all the staff we were in contact with, it seemed that everyone working in the hotel knew about the reason for our stay!

Overall, we were more than happy to have chosen the Peace Hotel for this special day and the execution on behalf of the staff was simply perfect.

The hotel will have a special place in our hearts forever.

Room Tip: All suites that I saw were very nice, be it in modern style, or one of the historical nation suites. Be aware that only one of the 3 suites on each floor have a perfect view of the river and Pudong, the other 2 are situated on the corner. Also, be aware that the street on the Bund can be noisy even later at night.
        • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
        1  Thank BenWtrz

Dear BenWtrz,

What can we say other the “Congratulations” and “WOW” to such an amazing story that you have shared. We are so honored to have been able to be a part of this most important day in your lives together, and more so even help you to make it happen.

I can be honest with you that internally there was a lot of buzz in the hotel as our colleagues were very eager to celebrate your engagement and really felt so proud to be a part of it with you.

I hope it goes without saying that we can make ourselves at least a yearly visit to recognize this special day and we will truly look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manager.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have just left the Fairmont hotel and it was absolutely brilliant in that it is in the Perfect location and the staff are so friendly. Special mention has to go to the concierge Justin and BEn who went out of their way to ensure that we saw the best of shanghai in af few days. The 8th floor membership is also a must as one gets breakfast, tea in the afternoon and cocktails from 5pm to 630 pm. The rooms are awesome ( we struggled at the beginning) but found the right one for the two adults and one child. The Jazz bar and Victors are also a must do at the hotel.
        My husband is returning back in a few days on business and so I am sure he will have just a great time as we did there on holiday! Thanks to everyone there who made our first stay in CHina memorable!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids let them know in advance.
        • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Miranda R,

I would like to extend my most sincere appreciation for your visit to our iconic property and further more to thank you for this wonderful feedback you have shared regarding your stay experience. We are extremely happy to know that our colleagues were able to take such good care of you and leave you with lasting memories of your time in China.

In particular I can assure you that I will take the time to recognize Justin and Ben from our Concierge team for delivering such impeccable service to you. They are certainly a couple of all stars and are invaluable assets to our team.

We sincerely hope that we can welcome you back in the near future to show you are warm and engaging hospitality once again.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel is one of the old colonial buildings and has plenty of history and has been fully renovated. It's location is also fantastic just right on the bind where one can take a stroll anytime night and day or just watch the world go by. The views from the room are also excellent if you have an upper floor and a view. Rooms are large and spacious with large bathrooms. Service is impeccable.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the bund
        • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Imourey,

We are very happy to know you had a memorable experience and I want to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with your fellow travelers. I will be looking forward to the opportunity to share your feedback with the entire team here.

We will look forward to hopefully welcoming you back upon your next visit to Shanghai.