“Grand Hyatt. Jin Mao Tower. ShangHai.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hyatt Shanghai

Grand Hyatt Shanghai
Ranked #21 of 4,969 Hotels in Shanghai
Singapore, Singapore
“Grand Hyatt. Jin Mao Tower. ShangHai.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Structurally - an intriguing Building.
With lashings of grrrrt staff (think; Swiss-like efficiency)
Stellar views of ShangHai !!

Fortunate to 'tag-along' with my husband (during his frequent business trips)...NB: corner suites are BEST.Like you're 'floating on Air' (so much glass).

Metro's, a short stroll.
Two MAJOR shopping Malls across the road. (if that's yr thing ?)

Another few FAB F+B venues/ outlooks from the second Hyatt (across the road) in WFC Building.
Worth going ... just to visit the entrance + foyer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank possuminpandaland
Grand_Hyatt_Shanghai, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shanghai, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Possuminpandaland,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Shanghai and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences on the Trip Advisor.

The pleasure was indeed all ours to have the opportunity to serve you and your husband and we are delighted to learn that our overall services to your satisfaction.

Your compliments to our hotel building, suite with stunning views of the Shanghai skyline, location with an easy access to the shopping malls and the metro station as well as food venues’ options in our sister hotel across the road are most appreciated.

Taking this opportunity, we would like to thank you for your support of Grand Hyatt Shanghai, and look forward to welcoming you and your husband back when your next return to Shanghai.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Was there for business recently during my first time in Shanghai. This hotel is top quality luxury and convenience with all the bells and whistles. per other reviews this hotel in floors 54 thru 89 of a Shanghai skyscraper and my room had a million dollar view of an amazing Shanghai skyline.

beside remote pad operates all the lights, drapes, blinds, etc. plus super quiet room, comfortable bed, huge bathroom, comfortable 'big' robes (usually they are built for people 5'8")

the location is close enough to the metro which is a nice alternative to cabs since the metros are so clean, well air conditioned and run all the time.

great place for business or a vacation, I would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank easyrider_1234
Grand_Hyatt_Shanghai, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shanghai, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear easyrider_1234,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Shanghai and many thanks for making us your preferred hotel during your first visit to Shanghai.
I was delighted to learn that you were satisfied with the stunning view from our hotel, one of the highest hotels in the world, the guest room facilities, the location and the services extended to you. I have shared your thoughtful words of praise with my colleagues. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality to each and every one of our guests, and to see that we managed to exceed your expectations was very fulfilling.

Taking this opportunity, we would like to thank you once again for your support of Grand Hyatt Shanghai, and earnestly look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back when your next return to Shanghai.

Cutler, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times on business trips. The interior or this hotel is amazing as was the river view from my room...The rooms are beautiful and the service is outstanding....Don't forget to visit the Sky Lounge while there, it has a great view of the city. This hotel has a large number of westerners and international cliental traveling for pleasure and business, which is a pleasant mix. This also means the staff is accustom to accomidating and communicating with many diversed groups of people and it shows!. They do a great job!
My biggest complaint is that some of the open common areas are not smoke free and can be smoke filled at certain times of day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HarborviewCottage
Grand_Hyatt_Shanghai, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shanghai, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear HarborviewCottage,

Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Shanghai your hotel of choice on your visit to Shanghai and your compliments to stunning views of the Shanghai skyline from our hotel, one of the highest hotels in the world.

The pleasure was indeed all ours to have the opportunity to serve you. I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding the overall hotel service and facilities and especially the attentiveness and communication delivered by our associates.

I have noted your feedback concerning the “smoke filled at some non-smoking area”. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Our concerned department heads have duly noted and we will definitely follow up to reinforce the internal measures to ensure that recurrences are followed through correctly.

We thank you for your thoughtfulness in taking the time to write and hope we shall again have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Really loved my 82nd floor digs, with a spectacular view on both of Asia's tallest buildings right outside my windows. 4 ft tall building lightning rods along the ledge outside the windows weren't all too comforting, but thankfully there was no weather to test their usability! Generally, the rooms are comfortable, but the outdated electrical and air controls, switches and floor plugs all need to be replaced with modern solutions, as we're out of the 1990s... Room service was prompt and perfect every day, and the stay was uneventful overall.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hi_stick
Dear hi_stick,

Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Shanghai your hotel of choice on your visit to Shanghai.

I was delighted to learn that you were enjoyed the view from your room and the service extended by our Room Service team. I have also taken note of your remarks concerning some of the room facilities. Please allow me to advise that hotel is undergoing a renovation project for guest rooms to closely fine tune our facilities. We wish you will find our improvements on your next visit to Grand Hyatt Shanghai.

We sincerely hope that we may be of service to you in the not distant future, and should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a place to experience, right from the moment you travel roughly half way up the very, very tall tower, just to check in. The managers have thought of everything for global business and leisure travelers alike. The rooms are incredible with amazing views and all the amenities. I visited two of the lounges and one of the restaurants and all of them were fabulous - food, drinks and service. My waiter spoke great English and at least two other languages I heard while he took care of nearby customers. The location is great for business, sightseeing and being close to the areas frequented by expats. I will definitely stay here on future visits to Shanghai.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bill B,

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Shanghai and thank you for sharing your experience with us for your recent stay.

The pleasure was all ours to be able to serve you and, indeed, your compliments towards the services extended by our colleagues are most appreciated. I also note that you enjoyed the room view and the amenities, as well as your meals at our lounges and restaurant.

We have as our mission to make a difference in people’s lives, so your words bring this to life. I have no doubt your compliments will further motivate the whole team in our dedication towards providing authentic hospitality driven by human care.

We thank you again for taking the time and effort to share your experiences with us and to “make our day”. We look forward to continuously serving you in the time to come, in the interim, please feel free contact us at any time if we may be of any further assistance.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was there for a business trip.

I love the interior of the hotel. I stayed at 66th floor and I have a view of both the river and the city. So make sure you ask for that view as well.

My room is very clean. I love the welcome note on my tv with the weather forecast of the day. I can also choose to either watch movies or hear good music. Their bathroom is super nice as well. I can open the wardrobe from either the bathroom or outside. And guess what, I was able to borrow hair curl iron, cloth steamer and also spray net. =) The a/c in my room is quite noisy by the way but I didn't bother to ask to change room because for me it is still manageable.

I also enjoyed swimming. You can just sit there and you have a good view of the city at night.

Their service personnel are also efficient.

If there is a chance to go back to Shanghai, I will also stay there again.

It is by the way near to the central area. It is like 10min taxi ride to Puxi.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Gladysleah,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Shanghai and many thanks for making us your preferred hotel during your visit to Shanghai.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experiences caused by air-condition in your room. We much appreciated if you would mind to send your name and room number to our duty manager email address: shagh-dug-shagh-duty.managers.group@hyatt.com, so that we could follow through to fix the mentioned air-condition problem. We will be taking action to rectify and improve where needed and reinforce training to ensure that recurrences are followed through correctly.

In addition, I was delighted to learn that you were satisfied with the guest room facilities, the view from your room, the services extended by our associates and our swimming pool, one of the highest pools in the world, with stunning views of the Shanghai skyline. I have shared your thoughtful words of praise with my team. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality to each and every one of our guests, and to see that we managed to exceed your expectations was very fulfilling.

London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Never have I been to such an uninspired place. The rooms are abysmal. I am sure this place must have been great in its day, but now it just looks plain sorry and terrible. The staff are absolutely useless and down right rude. Unbelievable.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand_Hyatt_Shanghai, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shanghai, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Dana R,

Warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Shanghai and thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your comments.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experiences during your recent stay with us. Pertaining to your comments on the guest room and the customer service, I have shared your feedback with our management team and emphasized again the importance of hospitality and attentiveness.

We truly appreciate more detailed feedback for allowing us to follow up on your comments directly as it is very important for us to identify any deficiencies to improve the overall service level. I do sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future and I may be reached via grace.tsou@hyatt.com.