“Good Value for your money”

Central Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #51 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Enjoyed 4 great nights at this hotel. Clean and definitely meets the 4 star rating of an international standard. Only drawback but was rectified very quickly was the need for a RMB 3000.00 deposit at check-in for each day of stay. After discussion with manager on site, requirement for the deposit was removed. Concierge staff were very helpful and tried their best to understand my needs. When I return to Shanghai, I will definitely look at staying at this hotel again. two great features was the breakfast and the free wi-fi. Location was perfect as centrally located.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 28, 2012

good location and good rooms but breakfast is not so good , pool is in other hotel other side of street , not so big pool , but clean, i like hotel at all , u can find everything just 2 minutes walk from hotel , i go fo business trip anyone can find hotel easy

Room Tip: all sides are good
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed there 4 days , very good designed room, good house keeping. Also they have nice restaurant for breakfast. Location point of view, hotel is excellent, 50 m o Nanjing road and shopping malls. Also to the Bund and people square . I advise you a perfect hotel in Shanghai.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LEVENT1988
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here two nights for business. Nice modern hotel, rooms were fantastically updated! My room was on the corner and was a little small, but still nice. I didn't, however, like the fact that there were some stains on my carpet, but I tried to overlook it because everything else about the hotel was very nice.

The staff seemed ok, however I think I made the desk clerk mad because my toilet was stopped up. The plumbing in China is not as updated so you're not suppose to flush the tissue but rather put it in the waste basket. OOPS!! :) It's a hard habit to break and I'll admit that I didn't do too well in keeping it.

The hotel is right above the pedestrian shopping mall on Nanjing Rd so a great location. My room directly overlooked the mall and even though I was on the 11th floor, I did hear some noise from the loud speakers, mostly music. It didn't bother me too much but it is noticeable. Also, it's about a 20-30 minute walk to The Bund from the hotel.

The TV had decent number of English channels and there's a convenience store directly across the street. I really liked the location because there are shops etc. in the area. And the subway stop is really close. I didn't use any of the amenities so I can't comment on those, but I really liked the hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: As for a room facing Nanjing pedestrian Mall. You might here some noise but it's a better view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We did not regret staying in this hotel and it is one of the hotels that I would once again stay in, if I were to go to Shanghai again on my own. Here are the reasons: 1. It was good value for the price we paid. 2. It's location is good. 3. Our room was big, clean and comfortable. 4. The staff was able to speak English (which can be a problem in other places). 5. Did not experience any bad things. 6. No bad surprises, just as I thought it was. A very standard, clean, decent, high end China hotel.

These being said, I must also say that this is not the Ritz Carlton of China. However, when you compare the price you are paying for this hotel and the service you get, I dont think you would be disappointed.

Room Tip: We asked to be placed in a high floor and where therefore isolated from any noise and etc. Unless y...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great location directly over the road from the mid section of Nanjing Road Pedestrian Mall
Room on floor 12 was well appointed although the aircon was on the lam and the room was a bit noisy from horns beeping etc from the street below.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We choose this hotel because of its proximity to the Bund, Peoples Square and Nanjing Road and we did not regret it. Rooms are nice and bathrooms have all amenities. The Breakfast was quite good too. Service very attentive. A good option to visit Shangai.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple