Spent 4 days at the Portman Ritz last week and can recommend it to anyone needing to visit Shanghai. Even if you don't speak a word of Mandarin you will feel comfortable and at ease here as the entire staff, including housekeeping, speak at least some level of English and most people are quite fluent. It has all the Ritz quality that you come to expect, is well located in a high end section of Shanghai, and is beautifully maintained. The exercise and pool facilities are great, there is a spa (though I didn't spend any time there) and the breakfast buffet is huge, all-encompassing, and delicious.
The hotel isn't cheap, of course, but you get what you pay for. I have been in many hotels in China and this is one of very few to not have a smoker's reek about the whole building. If you ever say Lost in Translation you'll feel like you're living it at the Ritz. Great hotel and easy to recommend to anyone, regardless of their comfort level with being in China.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a breathtaking 5-star luxury hotel - The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai. Our award-winning hotel in Shanghai, China sits in the upscale Nanjing Road entertainment, dining and shopping complex, enthralling guests with an unparalleled and impeccable accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Portman Ritz-Carlton Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Ritz Carlton Shanghai
- Portman Ritz Carlton Shanghai
- Ritz Shanghai
- Shanghai Ritz-Carlton