Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai
$145
  • Breakfast included
$156
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
$162
$110
$154
$106
$101
$86
1,291 results
All reviewsbusiness tripbreakfast buffetroom servicelobby loungechinese restaurantluxury hotelconcierge staffexcellent staygreat roomf bhotel roomindoor poolexcellent hotelcentral locationgrand hyattrooms are largenanjing road
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The service standard is beyond others. While I hope they may assign more staff at reception to increase the efficiency on Checking-in and Checking-out. For business traveller, we value time more significant than other attributes. Another request they should be more helpful in consulting the route and departure time for commuting, and I expect it can take less time to call a taxi even if under their staff's efforts.

Room Tip: Room is great, if they could provide daily newspaper and fresh fruit, it could be more excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Assistant Director of Public Relations at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai and sharing your valuable comments.
We are delighted to know that you loved our hotel and enjoyed staying with us. Your requests have been conveyed to the related departments as a great source of motivation for us. To increase the efficiency and save guests’ precious time, our Satellite Concierge service that can proactively help guests at the lobby. We hope they will help you better upon your next stay.
Thank you again for your review and please contact us upon your next check- in, we will be very glad to assist you and make you a perfect stay.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great location, great service.
Used the fitness area and had two meals with business appts and had a great time.
We returned after a great visit last year.
Not on the Bund but great location for restaurants.
Great pool.
Well appointed rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Assistant Director of Public Relations at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are happy to know that you enjoyed the stay with us.
Thank you for your kind review, these are much appreciated and we hope you get a chance to try out our restaurants such as Si Ji Xuan and Café Studio, which are very popular. Your praise has been shared with our team and it will encourage us to make future progress.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Chinese restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel, Shanghai offers a great, reasonably priced dim sum Sunday brunch with as much as you can eat from an extensive menu. Although surroundings are a bit generic, service is very polite and efficient as you would expect of a Four Seasons, and the food is prepared to a very high standard. Nice

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MattB6
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Assistant Director of Public Relations at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the pleasant review.

We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable time with us at Si Ji Xuan. Our all you can eat Dim Sum weekend brunch is very popular in Shanghai. We have already delivered your kind praise to our staffs and it will encourage us to pursue the best.

Look forward to welcoming you to Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I ve been to other Four Seasons in other cities so i was quiet surprised to see that the rooms at this specific hotel were small and a bit dated. The bed and the pillows were too soft for my taste, not great if you have a bad back!
On the plus side:Nice classic style bathroom, friendly service, good location.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Assistant Director of Public Relations at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and sharing the valuable information.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our facilities, friendly services and convenient location. As the first Four Seasons Hotel opened in 2002 in China, we brought the world class hotel service to the market and share our each improvement with our honored guests. We appreciate your kind comments, and we truly understand how important a restful sleeping is to our guest. Our apology that we failed to communicate that we do provide different types of pillow that our guest could choose and your preference is well noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights for a business trip, which included a two day workshop at the hotel itself.

I arrived early on Saturday morning and the hotel was kind enough to allow me to check in very early (with breakfast!) for no extra charge - a very nice welcome after an overnight flight. The hotel is located out of the main city/shopping area but is an easy taxi ride. There are also some great streets for shopping and eating nearby, which the hotel staff are happy to direct you to.

The room I stayed in was on the 20th floor but looked directly into the building next door, so didn't really get much of a view. The weather also wasn't very good (during my stay they had the most rain in 52 years) so that probably didn't help the view much! The room was very spacious, with lots of cupboard space, plenty of room in the bathroom, large desk and additional sitting area. The king size bed was bliss!

The service and staff was exceptional, some of the best I've had at a hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and the few times I ordered room service it was prompt and friendly, and not just on a tray but a wheel-able trolley like the olden days! It was those small touches that made the stay so pleasant.

The food in the Cafe for breakfast and lunch (don't miss the desserts!) was exceptional, of course as was the service. I did think the price for coffee and drinks in the lounge was quite expensive. A coffee was 70 RMB (over US$10) and I discovered a Starbucks across the road where I could get a better and larger one for 34 RMB - a good tip for coffee-lovers!

The only main gripe I had was about the wifi connection. The free wifi wasn't particularly fast and I often had troubles with it connecting at all even just to basic websites like Google and Maps. I ended up having to pay an extra 120RMB per day so that I could get work done, and then the connection was nearly flawless. For a 5 star international business hotel, I think this lets it down. Also, with so many international travelers, I would recommend they get a VPN so that guests can access western social media sites that are blocked in China (like Facebook). At the workshop, I found wifi wasn't complimentary for attendees that weren't staying in the hotel and they had to pay extra. For business purposes, I think this also let's it down. It should at least be built into the price (like I'm sure most hotels do).

I would certainly be happy to stay here again, and will even consider Four Seasons hotels in other cities when I travel it was that good.

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to rate our hotel and share the detailed comments.

We are delighted to know that you chose Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai for you 5-day business stay and enjoyed a nearly perfect time with us.

We understood that the outside buildings and unpleasant weather caused you some inconvenience. But we are honored to receive your positive comments, especially for our convenient location, delicious food and fast check-in service. As we pride ourselves on providing excellent products and genuine services, we will continue to do our best to make our guests could enjoy their comfortable stay with us.

We would like to thank you again for your time and valuable suggestions.
Look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai in the near future.