“My recent stay at the Four Seasons Shanghai was exceptional. Concierge staff made sure of that.”

Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #22 of 5,159 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Location and staff made this a wise choice for a stay in Shanghai. Deluxe room was more than a comfortable experience. The staff was courteous and the food at the Breakfast Buffet was quite tasty. The Spa and gym facilities were top notch. The Concierge staff and front desk staff were very accomodating. No complaints to offer- would stay there again without hesistation.

Room Tip: High Floor Deluxe was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and happy with our great location during your business trip.

We truly value your loyalty and can’t wait to welcome you back, hopefully very soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is my first English review so international readers please apologize for any shortcomings in expression as I am German. Hence, as the majority of travelers should be English, this is in English as I would like to thank the hotel manager by translating on my own.

China can be disappointing. You travel to a five star hotel because you know that below might be critical. Even though, you see that everything seems to be five star and the reality might be worse-below two star.

I have seen hotels which were shiny glossy nice but when you lived in them, you are disappointed because the very basics did not work.

My first time in Four Seasons Shanghai was not my first time in Shanghai or China. But it was the first time, I really felt comfortable. Actually I am not that kind of luxury seeking. But when luxury impression is followed by poor groundwork, I do not like it.

Four Seasons Shanghai is located in my downtown. Actually there is not a real downtown but I consider two places as good for staying. The Bund is a good place if you need to make business in Pudong or go out to the bars in this area. The Luwan District or French Concession is good if you want to see some China and some Old French imperialistic style.

Apart from the top notch luxury venues like Park Hyatt....I liked the Four Seasons because:

...the room was always clean, very clean and even clean in spaces which people like to forget, even in the bathroom

...the rooms are very silent though some construction is always going on in Shanghai, even close to the big hotels

...service is excellent, people speak a very good English and are approaching you in a very open way without being pushy

...hotel is not smelling( Important when you have been in China and you don't get away the naphtaline or toilet flavor from your nose)

...restrooms and every corner is clean

...breakfast is very good, even expensive with about 35dollars

..wifi is included and works okay

...even if you don't tell yor friends that you like shopping in places where you pay 10 percent of original price and even if you know that you do not need that, the Nanjing 580 market is in a 15min walking distance

...clean and well priced massage venues, restaurants and bars are nearby

so if yo need stable quality and a good sleep, this is a perfect place which I like to recommend as I have seen places with high Tripadvisor scores but low quality ( I do have approx. up to 100 hotel nights every year in different countries and cities)

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Four Seasons Shanghai is a very nice business hotel which is also suitable for holidays. It is very conveniently located in the center and provides all necessary amenities including 4 restaurants, great Spa, a gym and a nice bar. Quality of food is very good everywhere. The most outstanding feature is the welcoming staff, always ready to help and perfectly friendly. I always feel at home when I come back to this hotel. Hotel Management is very visible and present, whch I believe has a very positive impact on the overall atmosphere. This is one of the few hotels in the world I can whole-heartedly recommend.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not over-look the building site next to the hotel to avoid its noise.

Dear Guest,

We truly value your comments and can’t wait to welcome you back, hopefully very soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Upon arrival, we were wisked up to the rooms with no checking in at the front desk. When I got an upset stomach, random staff members checked up on me to see if I was feeling better. A staff member suggested ginger tea and it appeared in my room in no time. I was called by name all the time and made to feel at home. The room was fabulous and was beyond what I expected with a super high-end contemporary yet cozy and comfy feel. I will stay there the next time I'm in Shanghai.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room at this hotel. Not sure how to pick, the one we got was perfecto.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued review concerning your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai. We are delighted to read that we were able to accommodate you in your suite room and that you all really enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels – either for business or pleasure - next bring you to Shanghai.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights on a business trip and was very impressed by the hotel and level of service. From reception to the concierge, and restaurant to cleaning staff, all were trained to the highest standard and provided exemplary service. My room was very comfortable, with excellent bed linen, l'occitane toiletries, a large shower and separate bath. Breakfast was included in the rack rate and was superb - with choices for all nationalities - and chefs cooking eggs in your preferred style. I ate in the hotel's Chinese restaurant and was advised well on my food selection, again with excellent service. The hotel is walking distance from People's Square and the main shopping street at West Nanjing Rd, and although the hotel will recommend that you take a taxi, it's easy walking. Overall an excellent experience which I would definitely repeat, and real value for money at under 100 euros a night.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank linasaurus
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My dear friend and I visited the Four Seasons in Shanghai from February 28 to March 1 and then from March 4 through March 10.

I cannot even begin to tell you what a fantastic time we had at the Four Seasons! I must recognize one very special individual, Hotel Manager Fredrik Blomqvist. Long before we ever stepped foot onto the property, Fredrik was in contact with us to make sure that we had everything we needed before our visit. He delivered the same service and attention that I experienced when I was at George V in Paris. For example, when we came to the Four Seasons on February 28th, we left most of our luggage at the hotel while we were in Hong Kong. Upon our return, the staff had already delivered our luggage to our room before we even made it to the room. I was quite impressed that they had the foresight to take care of us before we even arrived back at the hotel.

While staying at the hotel, we had access to the Club Level on the 37th floor. The staff at the Club were very pleasant and attentive. Lauren, one of your interns, was very conscientious and remembered what we liked to drink with our breakfast. They took care of us hand and foot.

We took the opportunity to enjoy ourselves at the spa as well. My friend and I both met with the Chinese doctor on Saturday (and had acupuncture) and on Sunday we both had massages. One of my girlfriend’s children had a massage and the other one had a facial. Overwhelmingly, we each had the best treatment we had ever had. The spa décor was amazing, and we really liked the steam room inside the treatment room. Afterwards, we took advantage of the Ba Yan Ka La products that were for sale.

Martin Hilton, the spa manager, took special care of us and personally took us on a tour of the spa. He was an amazing ambassador for the Four Seasons spa! He is quite pleasant and has an inviting demeanor. On Sunday, we met Rachael, the spa supervisor, and she was equally as pleasant. The time and attention that each of them gave to us was remarkable.
Overall, we had an amazing experience staying at the Four Seasons Shanghai. So often you only hear about the negative, so I wanted to be sure to let you know about the positive experience we had at Four Seasons Shanghai. Until the next time….

Room Tip: Until the construction is complete on Weihai road, try to choose a higher floor with a room on the o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai. We are all thrilled to read that you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were able to efficiently assist you throughout your visit. We truly value your feedback. Guest comments enable us to improve the quality of our product and service on a daily basis.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Everything very clean. Staff excellent and always available to help also with chinese adress and suggestions. Comfortable ans clean room. Good breakfast buffet. I was at a business trip and poor wi-fi connection quality was a issue. Cost seemed a little high. Anyway I recommend.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and happy with our great service during your business trip. We truly value your feedback. Guest comments enable us to improve the quality of our product and service on a daily basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai very soon!