“Personal service - always with a smile”

Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel
Ranked #88 of 5,161 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I regularly use this hotel for business trips when in Shanghai. I know many of the staff members by name and with good reason. They are always happy to greet their guests and provide personalized service. The concierges help me to learn Chinese. One of the managers even once lent me his personal coat for the day. They respect my needs, preferences and peculiarities. The rooms are comfortable and on the usual Sheraton standard. What can I say? A great stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Yitzkohn,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant stay experience with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are glad to know that our staff and services help to create a comfortable stay for you. Sincerely welcome you back with us to another pleasurable experience!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This Sheraton feels like a above-average one. The hard products are nice, like the room, the bed, the lobby, the elevators, and etc.
Location-wise, it is far from the interesting things in Shanghai, but is quite close to Hongqiao Airport.
However, front desk could do a better job. While checking in, I was told my cash-point stay would not earn me Gold Member arrival gift (a choice among 250 points, free internet, or fruit plate), which I personally think is not true (I get this in Seoul on a reward stay). Also, the process of checking out was really time consuming. There were about 10 people waiting, and about three agents behind the desk. Not a really bad situation, but there was a big group clogging up at the desk, and the SPG member lane was non-existent at that time.
Many many thanks to Juliet Zhu! She did a excellent job retrieving my forgotten charger in the room and shipped it to Beijing for me. Thank you Juliet!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear zyxlsy,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant stay experience with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are glad to know that our staff and services help to create a comfortable stay for you. However, your feedback about time-consuming check-out process is delivered to Front Office. We would arrange more staff to meet with the needs of guests if it came to some busy situation. Sincerely welcome you back with us to another pleasurable experience!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Pretty dreadful really. Stayed here twice now and the rooms are dated in a really bad way. Public areas are fine but very misleading. Wifi is expensive and insufferably slow. A real shame and let's the Starwood Group down.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Killian O,

Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are sorry to learn that Internet Services are not well-functioned during your stay. Your precious feedback has already been delivered to related department to fix the problem as soon as possible. Also, we would take hotel renovation into future consideration. Again, please accept our deepest apology and sincerely welcome you back with us to a qualified experience in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great location...quiet....typically delightful Sheraton hospitality!!
Large spacious rooms with all the aminities. Drop-to-sleep-in-an-instant KING bed. The rooms come with a DVD player so if you don't care for the TV, you can bring your own videos and enjoy.
The restauran is very good indeed. Priced a bit expensive but ....good food

Room Tip: Become an SPG member and simply enjoy a luxurious life
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Deepak2811,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My smart choice for business trip last week. It just took me 5 minutes to download a movie in the room. So Wonderful experience on Internet surf! Hotel is located in main downtown. Subway is a short walk, and easy to go anywhere. Quite worth the value than other same-level hotels. I will choose here next time,very peaceful and warm decoration, aloso worth to be recommanded.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Luyee Z,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant stay experience with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are glad to know that our staff and services help to create a comfortable stay for you. Our Internet has been bandwidth up to 120MB, which is the newest selling point of our hotel. Sincerely welcome you back with us to another pleasurable experience!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed in the Executive Suites here. Did not disappoint. The staff was excellent. I requested a later check out because my flight was much later than the usual check out time. They obliged. Thanks Sheraton.

Food was excellent, no complaints. The room was lovely and comfortable. Only used it to sleep as it was a very short trip.

Will be back.

Dear Kestral120,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have stayed at this Sheraton several times on business. There has been a definite decrease in quality since my last stay. In particular, I felt that the breakfast buffet/lounge on the 27th floor reduced its offerings significantly. I can eat almost anything, and I had to really hunt for something desirable. In addition, there was not one cleared table to sit down at. The quality of my suite was good, but felt really dated, especially the bathroom. Even though convenient for me, I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Abbybowwowmom,

Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel and sharing your feedback during your stay. We take it very seriously and it would be very nice of you to let us know more detailed about the problems you mentioned in your comment. You may send your stay information to letitia.li@sheraton.com and we will look into it and do some proper actions. Please accept our deepest apology for any inconvenience caused. Sincerely welcome you back with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel in the near future.