“This is the sheraton I remember”

Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel
Ranked #84 of 5,146 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed many Sheraton Hotels in the world. Some of them I can barely to remember what the hotel look like. But not this one. Hearing from the staff here, this hotel has a almost twenty-year history. I rather prefer "vintage" to "aged" to describ this hotel. Really a good example standing for sheraton brand. I like the lobby bar because it is near by a garden. You can easily get quite a view when enjoying the tea break in the afternoon. Near to Hongqiao Airport. So it is a good choice if you need to get a early flight in the morning. I will choose this hotel next time I came to Shanghai.

Room Tip: Some side of rooms can enjoy a view of Park. quite nice in good weather.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comfortable stay experiences with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are glad you enjoy your time in Lobby Lounge. Your encourgement will keep us improving our services in the future. Sincerely welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Although hotel is old, but let a person is very comfortable to live.They know how to care guest and make us feel warm.Location was convenient to me, close to airport and my customer.have a beautiful view on the highway, In Shanghai this International city, to find a quiet place to relax it is the most laudable in this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoy your time here. We will keep improving our sevices and sincerely welcome you to come back in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Location was convenient to me, close to airport and my customer.
Room was OK but nothing special, you still have a beautiful view on the highway...
Had dinner at the Thai buffet near the lobby. This was not Thai food ! Below average and highly priced at 300 RMB + 15% taxes. Italian on 27th floor was great though. Morning breakfast disappointing and poor service. "Decaf latte" is a request that seems to be beyond standards.
Have stayed in many Sheraton hotels in the world and I am a SPG gold member. You expect western standards when you go to this kind of place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your stay and dining experiences with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the Thai Food promotion and breakfast at Café Bistro. We will settle the problem as much as we can to create a nice stay and dining experiences for you. Thanks again for your important feedback and sincerely welcome you back to another experience with qualified service.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed a week during a business convention held at Intex Shanghai Convention Hall, which is just next door from the hotel.

The area is not near to most tourist's attractions such as Yu Garden, People's Square or the Bund river bank area, but mainly a business district, so expect to pay RMB 30-50 and 15-25 minutes every time you take a cab to get to somewhere interesting from the hotel - but that's not hotel's fault. If you're a tourist, there are many hotel options in the western side of the city anyway.

However if you're staying on business and working around this area, this is a great hotel making you feel "back home", especially for those of you from US, by means of signs, logos, decors, and overall atmosphere.
Rooms are pretty much the same looking as its US counterparts, and providing good wifi and English TV channels.
Regarding the internet in China, the Facebook, Twitter and Google searches are blocked by the government so if you have a strong will to use them, I strongly recommend to sing up to a VPN service before entering China and use that VPN connecting to access those blocked websites or SNS.

The breakfast buffet becomes quite crowded around 8AM that you'll need to wait in line, so recommended to have if earlier.

Like : I am not usually a fan of hotel food, but the Chinese restaurant on the second floor was very good, that I ended up going three times during the stay, even after discovering local nice restaurants. My Chinese colleagues agreed it was good too so I'm confident on that.

Dislike : It seems that there is a shuttle bus from Shanghai Hongqiao airport (SHA) to the hotel, but unfortunately not from Shanghai Pudong airport (PVG) where I arrived.
The journey from PVG is either 40 minutes and RMB 200 taxi ride, or the Maglev train plus a taxi ride, which is a hassle when traveling with two or more luggages....Really wish the hotel provided a shuttle from PVG.

6  Thank super_summilux

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience duiring your stay with us. Your detailed feedback is important to us. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed your dining experience at our Chinese Restaurant Emerald Garden. There are also other three different style restaurants in the hotel. They are Japanese Restaurant-Hanano, Italian Restaurant-Giovanni's and Café Bistro. Besides, we are sorry to have kept you waiting for breakfast. We will arrange more helpers during rash hour to improve the breakfast efficiency. The hotel doesn't provide a shuttle transfer to both two airports at moment. we will let you know if we are going to have it in the future. We sincerely welcome you to come back again to our hotel in your next visit to Shanghai.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This Sheraton is always on the top of my list. Although the hotel is a little bit aged but the services and staff here are great. They know how to care guest and make us feel warm, just like at home. The first time I stayed in this hotel, I told the HSKP that I prefer pear to apple in my welcome fruits. This time, I am so surprised that they put almost all pears in my welcome fruits, which make me feel so warm and being noticed. Anyway, this is just one little matter. And I will certainly come back to this Sheraton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experiences with us at our Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We look forward to welcome you back again to have another pleasureable experience with our qualified services.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I loved the hotel who remembers my request - room outside to the lift. The Japanese restaurant in the 2nd floor served great Japanese Garlic rice. Liked the Italian restaurant upstairs too! My regular place now :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experiences with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoy your stay and dining here. You encourangement will keep us improving our service standards. Besides Japanese Restaurant-Hanano and Italian Restaurant-Giovanni's, there are another two restaurants in the hotel, they are Café Bistro and Chinese Restaurant-Emerald Garden. Sincerely welcome you back to our hotel and enjoy your stay!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

i am very old fashioned guy, this hotel denfinitely meet my taste...cleanness is good, staff is well trained, typical business hotel. wifi is bit unstable sometimes, but they put router in my room afterwards, so it's fine. Will back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are so glad to hear that you had a pleasant experiences with us. Speaking of WiFi Service, it will be listed on one of our most urgent and important projects to do in the near future. We sincerely hope you will come back again with us to re-experience our hotel when you visit Shanghai.