“Some of the best beds in Asia”

Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel
Ranked #106 of 5,035 Hotels in Shanghai
Seoul, South Korea
“Some of the best beds in Asia”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had booked a club level room and were pleasantly surprised when upgraded to a larger suite. Nice features such as automatic curtains and a espresso machine in the room. But for us, after years of traveling within Asia, we have come to expect very hard beds. The bed was something to sink into, and later try to pull yourself out of, heavenly! Staff in the lounge were courteous. The fitness center was nice and open 24 hours which is handy. Had we flown in to the local airport, would have been more convenient, but we came from PVG. Taxi's were not an issue, and there are restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms didn't have a great view, lots of construction in the area, but could not hear it at all.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LenaZhuang, Online Distribution Assistant Manager at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for sharing your pleasant experience at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to welcome you back to another pleasurable experience with excellent service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hotel is conveneintly located near Airport and shopping areas which is very good about this hotel. Good shopping centers like Peral City, Gubei and indian restaurent (Buhara in Gubei)are located near to the hotel. I stayed in a suite room and the room is not good as i expected. The bedding is hard and not up to the mark. Overall i rate the room quality as average. The internet connection speeds on my floor is really pathetic but the staff were helpful by installing a mini router in my room. Another good thing about this hotel is access to Taxis, We can get ample no of taxis from the hotel. The food is good with lots of western and chinese options.
Overall my experience was ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
LenaZhuang, Online Distribution Assistant Manager at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us your comments on your recent stay in our hotel. We regret to hear that your stay was not fully satisfactory. The concerns you’ve raised have been brought to the attention of related departments. As a number of Sweet Sleeper Beds are aged, they are undergoing a revamp process, this is being carried out in batches due to the large number required. We deeply apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience caused.
Please be reassured that ongoing improvements are being carried out to better serve our guest. We hope we get the chance to welcome you back to Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel and make you feel you belong.
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and the rooms very spacious. Everything was very clean. The only conn is that the location is not very convenient but the price covers easily the cost of a taxi to the bund or to other central locations.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your pleasant experience at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We do have a good location nearby the Hongqiao International airport. It's very convenient for business guest. We look forward to welcome you back to another pleasurable experience with excellent service. Thank you.
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed a few nights on a business trip. Booked an early check in that room was not available. However, they soon found me another one which was fine. The room decor is a bit fancy and a bit dark for my taste, but everything worked just fine including the Wi-Fi. The beds are quite hard, fairly typical for China. Excellent breakfast buffet and the bar food was fine as well with very good service. The hotel is about 15 minutes drive from Hongqiao airport. Based on the room rate that I paid, I think this hotel represents a very good value in Shanghai.

• Stayed November 2012
LenaZhuang, Online Distribution Assistant Manager at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for sharing your pleasant experience at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed your dining experience at our venues. As a number of Sweet Sleeper Beds are aged, they are undergoing a revamp process, this is being carried out in batches due to the large number required. We deeply apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience caused. We look forward to welcome you back to another pleasurable experience with excellent service.
Jerusalem
Reviewed November 24, 2012

In China, what I try to avoid are surprises, because they have never been good surprises.
This is why I stick to well known chains and I did not go wrong here: Nnce big and clean room, kind and helpful service, conveniently located (for my needs).
Within my budget, so I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
london
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I picked the Sheraton because I am a Starwood Preferred Guest - and I could not have been happier. The hotel is located in a less-pedestrian friendly area (ie wide roads, high rises rather than smaller streets, not sure how far the metro station was) but this made little difference, as taxis were plentiful.
My arrival and checkin was swift and professional. I was on the SPG floor - WOW what a fantastic room! I loved the view, the bed was lovely and the bathroom was one of the BEST Ive ever been in in a hotel (a proper wet room). I really loved it.
The gym facilities were excellent - the pool in particular was lovely. Everywhere there seemed to be bottles of water to replenish oneself - perfect after a long haul flight.
I had dinner in the chinese restaurant: the staff were lovely, and they kept my food warn for me as I went down to ask the concierge to book me a manicure pedicure - which he did.
I popped out to the French Concession the next day for the aforementioned mani/pedi and the bell boy/doormen got taxis for guests easily and instructed them where to go - perfect for non-chinese speakers. I asked for a late checkout and was given one courteously and politely.
The hotel is huge - I think I was on the 29th floor (?) but there were higher ones. There was a tour from the USA and other groups - the lobby was like a train station! and yet the service still seemed pretty good. I enquired about toom service and the phone was answered promptly and courteously. Given service in China can be patchy, I was impressed and pleased. I would definitely recommend this hotel - despite the location being far from some of the main sights (Bund, People's Sq, French concession). Once again Starwood delivers excellent value and service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
LenaZhuang, Online Distribution Assistant Manager at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for sharing your pleasant experience at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We do have a good location nearby the Hongqiao International airport. It's very convenient for business guest. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed your dining experience at our venues. We look forward to welcome you back to another pleasurable experience with excellent service. Thank you.
Shanghai
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel is close to the domestic airport and right acorss street from a local exhibition center. The hotel guests are mostly are business people. The facilities is a little out of date comparing other new five star hotel, such as the lounge, restaurants and others.

Room Tip: higher floor with less noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
LenaZhuang, Online Distribution Assistant Manager at Hongqiao Jin Jiang Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing us and taking your time to share your feedback after your recent stay with us. Your comments are truly helpful especially for other guests who are looking for a convenient hotel to Hongqiao airport and train station. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.