Rooms straightforwardand comfortable with decent views Excellent aircon. Good location close to metro and shops. Coffee shop OK but overpriced (especially for breakfast). Swimming pool a bit dull but a good place to relax.More
- Free Wifi
Rooms straightforwardand comfortable with decent views Excellent aircon. Good location close to metro and shops. Coffee shop OK but overpriced (especially for breakfast). Swimming pool a bit dull but a good place to relax.MoreShow less
Your advice is very important for our hotel. It will help us to improve our service level in the future. We promise that we will pay great attention with your advice.
Thanks with best regards.
The hotel is in a convenient location near a couple of different shopping and restaurant areas in Shanghai. The room has excellent facilities, and the staff is very competent. What I liked most is the breakfast. There are three restaurants (Japanese, Chinese and Western), and I tried two of them. The Western buffet is very good, but the Japanese breakfast (set menu) is great. One drawback is the lack of Wi-Fi in the rooms, but internet service via an Ethernet connection is free and was sufficient for me.
Thank you for choosing Okura Garden hotel Shanghai. We are so happy that you liked our breakfast service. And we are up-grading our internet system now, so next stay maybe you could enjoy Wi-Fi in the room.
Thanks with regards.
I stayed in Shanghai for a night and got a chance to stay at Okura Garden. It is again a centrally located property with good connectivity. A good business hotel withe excellent rooms and service. It has great VFM proposition and was even better given the upgrade I received. The hotel has nice dining options (3 restaurants in total). The view from the hotel is great (not that matters a lot). The wi-fi was again sorely missing.
We do appreciate your important feedback to us. We have a very good location in the downtown area which offers our guest a great access to the part of the city. We do expect to see you again.
My first time staying at this hotel, stayed 2 nights and had a very positive experience.
- Service: Excellent, every staff member that I encountered whether at check-in or at the gym was professional and responsive. I asked for a shoe shine fairly late in the evening and while the full service was not available, they did a quick shine for me returning my shoes in 10 minutes.
- Value: The rooms are good and in-room amenities are nice and comprehensive. I had a discounted corporate rate but I think if I had paid regular room rates I would find this place to be on the pricey side
- Sleep Quality: Good, As many other reviewers have mentioned, the beds are very hard! I didn't have the best sleep because of this but this is more of a personal preference.
- Gym Hours: Although the gym opens at 6:00a, last admission in the evening is at 10:00p, it would be nice if the gym were open later
- Rose Coffee Shop Dinner Buffet: Although they provide free-flow drinks, it is limited to juice and beer. I saw that soft drinks were supposed to be included but this was not the case when I asked in the restaurant. The food is also not warm and is not replenished very often. Not at all worth the ~300RMB that I paid. A la carte dinner dining in the Rose Coffee Shop was excellent, and the breakfast buffet was very good.
Thank you for choosing our hotel and share your own experience with us. We do appreciate your important advice and We will do better in your future visit. We do hope you can recommend our hotel to your friends and hope to see you again.
Thanks with best regards
Normally when I stay in China I stay in one of the Hotel Groups Intercontinental or similar but for this business trip our Shanghai based customer advised us to stay at this hotel for convenience and value for money
The room was great and like most in China large and well equipped with wireless internet supplied Free of Charge again like most hotels in China
Service in the Bar and the coffee shop was good with all staff having a reasonably good command of English.
Only downside was check in where as iften is the case in China it was along winded and frustrating experience but the check out experience was surprisingly good
Overall good value for money and for business it is well located and well managed
Dear guest, thank you for stay in our hotel, Okura Garden Hotel (shanghai) is always committed to offer the best accommodation, best cuisine and best service to every guest. We pay great attention to you opinion and we will try to improve our service in the future. Thank you for your important advice and we hope you will choose our hotel again during your next visit to Shanghai.
My husband stayed here for two nights on our travels to Shanghai and other cities in China. It is definitely the most spectacular hotel we have ever stayed in. The rooms were outstanding, the bar on the top floor, fantastic, only problem was the smoking but that aside, the view was stunning. The facilities in the hotel were top notch as were the restaurants. Fantastic breakfast that left nothing to the imagination. A definite must when visiting this amazing city. The bathrooms will knock your socks off. This is such a beautiful city, why not enjoy it in this truly beautiful hotel.
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We do appreciate that you like our hotel so much. We have a really nice garden in front of our hotel. We believe you do enjoy the view of both our garden and our city. We sincerely expect for you next visit. Thank you.