I visited many times this hotel because of its location and fees. However, since few weeks, I've seen a decrease on the services provided especially about food at the lounge and wet area at the fitness club.
First, the evening cocktail food proposed at the lounge is not so good as previously with only fatty and oily hot dishes (puffed food - oily sausages - cheese croquettes and never grilled chicken - fish or grilled vegetables) which is not healty at all and impossible to eat whenever you take care of your diet. It it the same for breakfast (fatty potatoes - oily mushrooms and bacon and never vegetables or steam rice). By the way, you can't find anymore cut fruits and seasonnal dishes. I guess that it is to save the cost but I heard some guests complaining about the poor quality of this snack and junk food. When you stay only one or two night, it is fine. However, after 3 nights and even more after a week, you always eat outside, healthy food.
Second, wet area at the fitness club. Some guests (the one who pays the lowest rate are not allowed to experience sauna and steam bath which is strange for me. Besides, the Knipff shower (special one) does not work for one year roughly and is not fixed yet. Moreover, the door of the sauna stay open because you can't close it for more than 3 weeks and it seems that nobody care. Even though I asked the staff how we can enjoy a sauna with an open door, they did not react.
For the rooms and the service, it is good and Hilton is very lucky to get this central location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished Hilton Shanghai hotel towers impressively above the city's former French Concession and is located in the heart of Shanghai's business and entertainment districts. Within walking distance of Shanghai's exclusive shopping streets, Nanjing Xi Lu and Huaihai Lu, this prestigious Shanghai hotel is close to Shanghai attractions such as Jing'an Temple and Jing'an Park. Pudong International Airport is a 50-minute drive away and Hongqiao Airport is only 20 minutes from the hotel. Hold your next conference in one of the 18 meeting rooms or choose the elegant Grand Ballroom at this Shanghai hotel. All contemporary Hilton Shanghai hotel Guest Rooms offer a spacious work area, wireless Internet access and large windows offering views of the city. Choose and Executive Room for access to the 38th floor Executive Lounge. After a busy day, relax in the spa, enjoy a game of squash or work out in fitness center at the Hilton Shanghai hotel. Choose from one of the hotel's 8 restaurants and bars and Dine on fresh seafood at People on Water, the Ningbonese Chinese cuisine restaurant and enjoy views of the impressive Shanghai skyline from the level 39 Penthouse Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Hilton International Shanghai
- Shanghai Hilton International