We are a young gay couple looking for a reasonable balance of comfort, convenience and value on our big cities excursion. We stayed at the Shanghai Hilton mid March for a week and were very pleased with our stay. We got the reservation from Priceline (knowing the likelihood of landing here) so the bargain bottom price doesn’t hurt either.
The hotel is close to the convergence point of the three main districts for traveller: Huangpu (People’s Square/Nanjing Rd pedestrian mall/Bund/old city), Luwan (the old French Concession, Huaihui Rd shopping, and for us, the various gay bars) and JingAn (various key historical sites), which makes it extremely convenient no matter where you want to go. It is about a three-minute walk from the JingAn subway station (which is on the key subway Line 2 and also service by the new Line 7). If you are a little more adventurous, there are also all sorts of bus lines running through Yanan Rd (just north of the hotel) or Huaihui Rd (about 5 minutes walk south).
Being the oldest 5-star international-chain in Shanghai, its age does show and it is not as fancy as some of the other 5-star international-chain hotels. However, it is perfectly “up-to-code” as an upscale hotel. The room we got was on the 24 floor (so good view to Huangpu area), very spacious and very clean. The furniture and the bathroom are a little dated but are perfectly comfortable/functional. Housekeeping happens twice a day (once around 7 in the evening), which we found a little excessive.
The gym/pool/spa were also excellent and really up to date (the gym in particular was pretty impressive for hotel gym). Did not try the restaurants, but the Sunday brunch (completed with a string quartet) looked pretty impressive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished Hilton Shanghai hotel towers impressively above the city's former French Concession and is located in the heart of Shanghai's business and entertainment districts. Within walking distance of Shanghai's exclusive shopping streets, Nanjing Xi Lu and Huaihai Lu, this prestigious Shanghai hotel is close to Shanghai attractions such as Jing'an Temple and Jing'an Park. Pudong International Airport is a 50-minute drive away and Hongqiao Airport is only 20 minutes from the hotel. Hold your next conference in one of the 18 meeting rooms or choose the elegant Grand Ballroom at this Shanghai hotel. All contemporary Hilton Shanghai hotel Guest Rooms offer a spacious work area, wireless Internet access and large windows offering views of the city. Choose and Executive Room for access to the 38th floor Executive Lounge. After a busy day, relax in the spa, enjoy a game of squash or work out in fitness center at the Hilton Shanghai hotel. Choose from one of the hotel's 8 restaurants and bars and Dine on fresh seafood at People on Water, the Ningbonese Chinese cuisine restaurant and enjoy views of the impressive Shanghai skyline from the level 39 Penthouse Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Hilton International Shanghai
- Shanghai Hilton International