If you are looking for a reasonably priced room, comfortable accomodations, great customer service, excellent food quality and selection, and located in downtown Shanghai, the Hilton is the perfect hotel for you.
I've stayed here numerous times for business and there's a few things to highlight:
-Check in was a breeze - which is always a plus after the long flight from U.S. A Staff member checked me in, off to the side, and handled everything in about 5 minutes.
-Very nice swimming pool, that was a somewhat under utilized asset (typically I was the only one in the pool by 6:30 AM), plus Japanese bath and spa. The locker room was beautiful - hardwood floor with plenty of space. Gym has alot of treadmills and aerobic stations. Free weight area was decent, considering other hotels.
-Breakfast buffet is really high quality. Lots of choices from Western food, Japanese/Chinese breakfast, multiple breads, cheeses, cereal, and fruits/vegetables. Something that in Japan you would pay at least 3,000 yen for. Lunch was outstanding there....typically wouldn't want to eat meals in the hotel, but with a heavy rain storm limiting travel, this was a great option.
-Service was outstanding. Staff is friendly, engaging but not aggressive, and great communication skills.
One area for opportunity, which reduced the score, was the WiFi connectivity. There were some technical issues over the weekend, that made it impossible to connect to WiFi. I tried in the hotel room, lobby, etc., and all were the same. There was an Ethernet cable and port in the room, but that didn't make any difference when I connected to the hard wire. This put me down for 2-3 days, and made it difficult to prepare for some presentation work.
Overall though, Hilton is an excellent place to stay and I'll be there again at some point soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished Hilton Shanghai hotel towers impressively above the city's former French Concession and is located in the heart of Shanghai's business and entertainment districts. Within walking distance of Shanghai's exclusive shopping streets, Nanjing Xi Lu and Huaihai Lu, this prestigious Shanghai hotel is close to Shanghai attractions such as Jing'an Temple and Jing'an Park. Pudong International Airport is a 50-minute drive away and Hongqiao Airport is only 20 minutes from the hotel. Hold your next conference in one of the 18 meeting rooms or choose the elegant Grand Ballroom at this Shanghai hotel. All contemporary Hilton Shanghai hotel Guest Rooms offer a spacious work area, wireless Internet access and large windows offering views of the city. Choose and Executive Room for access to the 38th floor Executive Lounge. After a busy day, relax in the spa, enjoy a game of squash or work out in fitness center at the Hilton Shanghai hotel. Choose from one of the hotel's 8 restaurants and bars and Dine on fresh seafood at People on Water, the Ningbonese Chinese cuisine restaurant and enjoy views of the impressive Shanghai skyline from the level 39 Penthouse Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Hilton International Shanghai
- Shanghai Hilton International