“good service, nice exec lounge”
Review of Hilton Shanghai

Hilton Shanghai
Ranked #58 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
Los Altos, California
“good service, nice exec lounge”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Felt at home here, which really helped with the transition to the busy city. Loved the exec lounge, which had better breakfast than the restaurant and a great view.
Expensive, no question, but great place.
I would have preferred to be in a different location as this one required a cab ride to go anywhere else. Marriott City Center is a better area.
Be sure to bring cash - Credit cards are not welcome outside of the hotel. Cabs all require cash

Room Tip: ask to use the exec lounge, even if it costs..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank beckw925
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, August 20, 2014

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai.

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Shanghai and for taking the time to share your staying experience with TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with our services and you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured your comments with regards to our Executive Lounge have been shared with my team. The positive comments received are well appreciated as it gives us further encouragement to remain focus in our continuous effort to provide our guests with a comfortable stay experience.

We look forward very much to your next visit to Hilton Shanghai.

Gerd Knaust

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
north carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I chose the Hilton for a recent class I was running because I'm familiar with the brand and it was only the hotel list for my company. My company tried to have me move just two weeks before my event but I decided to stay and I'm glad I did.

The staff at this hotel is top notch, always willing to help you at all levels. When I was checking out, the hotel maid even volunteered to help me with my luggage.

The rooms are very clean with all the necessary amenities and mine was very quite. I was also able to get the darkness that I prefer. The room was comfortable size and the bathrooms are very clean and spacious.

The restaurants are also top notch although they are a little pricey. The business lounge was fantastic and well worth staying here for. The staff in the lounge is top notch as well and the food and drink offerings are very good.

The team supporting my class addressed all my questions and needs and helped me run and truly successful event. The daily food buffet which we paid for had great selections and all students appreciate the quality and the quick turnaround this gave us for getting back to class.

I look forward to using the Hilton again if we come to Shanghai.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with our food and services and you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured your comments about food, room, and the staffs in the lounge have been shared with my team. We greatly appreciate your comments and we will continue to encourage feedback from all our guests as this is a very important tool for us which will not only help us to continuously improve our services and facilities but also aid us rectify areas we failed in.

Let me assured you that Hilton's standards are high as ever at Hilton Shanghai and it is my hope that you will come visit us again. Please do contact me when you plan to visit Shanghai next so I may handle your reservation personally. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Shanghai.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times & can always rely on a consistent guest experience. Great hotel for the western business traveler. The executive floors are worth the added cost as the service level provided by the staff is fantastic. The hotel is an older property, but is well maintained & clean.

Stayed August 2014
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad that you have enjoyed the services and the facilities provided. These positive comments are appreciated as it allows us to know that we are moving in the right direction.

Let me assured you that Hilton's standards are high as ever at Hilton Shanghai and it is my hope that you will come visit us again. Please do contact myself when you plan to visit Shanghai next so I may handle your reservation personally. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Shanghai.

Hongkong
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I was welcomed and addressed to in a perfect way. location of the hotel is ideal for airport bus, the old tempel and underground right middle in the hustle and bustle of the city. Tess at the executive lounge will fullfill any wish and she and her team looked after me that well that I will be back

Room Tip: the higher the floor the better
Dear Valued Guest,

It gives us great pleasure when we have guest commented that they had enjoyed their stay with us, especially with the services and facilities provided. Rest assured your compliments towards Tess and her team have been shared with the team. These comments gave great motivation toward our colleagues as we continue to cultivate excellence in the areas of services provided to our guests.

I do look forward to welcome you back the Hilton Shanghai on your next visit.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Conveniently located near the Jing An Temple area, with easy access to the Subway, Hilton Shanghai is a good hotel for both business and family trips. The executive lounge on the 38th floor has superb city skyline views, and you may even see the Oriental Pearl tower on Pudong on clear days. Good value for your money!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, August 17, 2014

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with our services and facilities and enjoyed your stay. We greatly appreciate your comments and we will continue to encourage feedback from all our guests as this is a very important tool for us to help continuously improve our services.

Baindt, Germany
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. I have been many times there and was never disappointed. Unfortunately room rates are sometimes are too high for me ((Peak season or when hotel is amost full and I have to book by short notice).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai.

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Shanghai and for taking the time to share your staying experience with us.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with our services and you have enjoyed your stay with us. I greatly appreciate your comments and we will continue to encourage feedback from all our guests as this is a very important tool for us to help continuously improve our services.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed only for 1 night, overall experience was good, I was upgraded to a panaromic King room (near the lift) unfortunately, so quite a bit of noise from the corridor. I came in from a red eye flight and desperately needed to check in - while I appreciate the early check in, the front desk staff (who seemed a little new) took more than 20 minutes for my check in, when there was no one else at the counter. After I checked into the room, spacious, clean and comfortable, I fell asleep for barely 10 minutes before getting rudely awakened by the phone - it was the same check in staff, who asked to verify my name and credit card details again!!! First experience marred by this - apart from that, room service delivery was prompt, food selection was good, breakfast and lunch buffet options were good too. Service staff were prompt and keen to help. All in all a good business hotel with a spacious lobby and excellent meeting space. Would give them a try again some time soon, given its good rates and good location around Jing An Temple and French Concession.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank cat3ine
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

I do appreciate that you took the time from your day to share your experiences with us. As a valuable guest of ours, we are especially grateful that your comments are positive on hotel location and your stay experience. Still, I believe our front desk staff service could be improved without hassling more upon your arrival. It shows weakness on service part and will be taking into training process immediately.

Good to know that you will visit us again if in any future plan, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and encourage you to contact me directly should you need any assistance with your reservations!

With kind regards,