“Good Service but Poor Executive Lounge Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Shanghai

Hilton Shanghai
Ranked #56 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
“Good Service but Poor Executive Lounge Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have been a regular guest to this hotel for almost 2 years. The service of the staff in this hotel is amazing. Very friendly and helpful. However, if you are here for business, beware of the food at the Eexcutive Lounge. Frequently like to serve leftover food from breakfast and the selection is one of the worst I have seen in the hotels around the world. Other than this, it is a nice place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Justin Paul W
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of your recent stays with us. We truly appreciate any feedback we can get, as we use it as a significant tool in assessing our service. However, we are especially grateful for the comments of our regular guests, such as yourself, as you recognize our service standards over your return stays!

I have taken notice and appreciate for your great comments on Executive lounge team service. It will be shared in our concerned team with encouragement certainly. However, I feel disappoint that the food on the lounge does not meet your expectation and chef will be reviewed afterwards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any additional comments or questions, as I would be pleased to hear from you. Otherwise, I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sincerely Yours,

Gerd Knaust

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Great location in Shanghai, close by to shopping and restaurants. The rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The service by the staff is outstanding. Ammenities are also very nice as there is a very spacious gym and spa. There are never issues with getting a treadmill, etc. The executive lounge serves a very nice breakfast and a very nice compliment of foods in the evening. If I come back to Shanghai, I would definitely stay here.

Dear Valued Guest,

I do appreciate for your great comments on our property location and hotel facilities such as SPA and Executive lounge experience, as well as including staff service part. That will be surely passed to our related Management and team, so they may be recognized for their service commitment.

Sincerely Yours,

arcadia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very nice service. very friendly people. prefect location in downtown Shanghai. Really enjoyed all the service, restaurants, bars and clean room in this hotel. Very nice service. very friendly people. prefect location in downtown Shanghai. Really enjoyed all the service, restaurants, bars and clean room in this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your comments about what you enjoyed most about your recent stay. We are always eager to know what our guests value during their stays, and we are pleased to find that you were satisfied with many aspects of your stay, tyically appreciate for your compliment comments on our staff service, hotel facilities and location part.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any further comments, questions or concerns as I would be happy to help! Otherwise, I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because the hotel was located near to our first meeting venue in Shanghai.

Having stayed in Hilton Beijing this hotel is comparatively older and dated in its furnishings and amenities.

It is definitely a hotel with a large capacity and it is evident from the queues in the morning at the restaurant and front desk. What stood out was that the staff made an effort to be more efficient by personally catering to guests at the end of the queues. The taxi card with stipulated tourist spots options was another feature was a good feature which I assume was put together by the hotel concierge. I was impressed as I had not seen this in other hotels.

What I also liked was having a deli in the lobby where one could pick up a coffee, sandwich and the newspapers. Instead of queuing up at breakfast, this was the option I preferred every morning.

Location of the hotel is not close to finance street so having to get a taxi in the mornings took too long. The subway was ten minutes walk but it required one to be familiar with the nearby landmarks to find the station.

My last gripe and this is one I have with all hilton hotels is having to pay for wifi in the rooms. Wifi in the lobby was too slow to use.I don't consider this as an acceptable level of hospitality and it lowers the comparative edge of the hilton hotels.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank keiragopi
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your impressions of your most recent stay with us. Rest assured that your comments are very much appreciated, as we use feedback from our guests as an important tool in our training and improvement.

Having said this, I am very pleased to see that you have had a positive overall experience during your stay in relation to our service and product. I do appreciate for your great comments on concierge taxi solution, breakfast take-away issue and hotel location.

However, there is always area to improve, as you mention. Specifically, our internet plan will come under review in the coming year, and we will certainly take this opportunity to take your comments regarding our Wifi connection into further serious consideration.

Please know that any additional comments, questions or concerns you are willing to share with us would be welcome. I would be pleased to hear from you directly!

Warm wishes,

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is my second time at the Hilton Shanghai... and the experience is as memorable as the first one. Nice rooms...( got an upgrade... cool!!!!), great food and nice ambiance. The staff is courteous and very helping.

Check out any one of the theme based restaurants....!!!!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are always trying to understand what our guests value the most.

I am grateful to know that you are satisfied with our property location and service part. Also, I'm happy to see a return guest like you who give us very positive feed back of staying experience as such great comments as you are.

Last but not least, please know that you are most welcome to provide us with any additional comments you may have. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm wishes,

Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

great value for money and Diamond status fully 'awarded' with upgrade, top floor, view and late check out. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Location is not close to the bund but 5 min walking from Metro station. Room was spacious and clean, quite and confortable. No doubts i ll return to this Hilton

Room Tip: top floor, city view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Value Guest,

Warmest greeting from Hilton Shanghai and I do thank you very much for taking your precious time to complete Guest Survey on Tripadvisor.

We learnt that you generally satisfied with your stay during your previous trip in Shanghai, typically thank you for your great comments on our property location. Also, your valuable comments from stay experience will be shared in our service team and with carrying on improvement if in case.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservation or other assistance. We do look forward to seeing you again in many futures!

With kind regards,

Vaasa, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Having stayed at all the major hotel chains in Shanghai we this time opted to try this Hilton.
In short: The service is efficient and you are well taken care of.
The rooms are pretty small and still feature a shower in the bathtub. The hotel could need a renovation as it is getting a bit outdated.
The lounge was totally over crowded and because of that rather noisy as well. The selection of food was not as wide as with other major brands. The view was good though.
Just a note: Although I am a gold member I wasn´t upgraded from my club room, most probably because the hotel was fully booked.
The hotel cars were fully booked in the morning but the hotel arranged transportation from a rental car company which was a plus.
The location was also good with most activities close by.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gfors
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greeting from Hilton Shanghai!

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to complete Guest Survey on Tripadvisor.

We learnt that you generally satisfied with your stay during your previous trip in Shanghai, typically thank you for your great comments on our property location and service part. Also, the rest of your valuable comments from stay experience will be shared in our service team and with carrying on improvement if in case.

With kind regards,