“Standard Hilton Property”
Review of Hilton Shanghai

Hilton Shanghai
Ranked #57 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed January 6, 2014

It was a very nice hotel. Unfortunately, I thought it was closer to the Nanjing Road shopping area and the Bund. The room was clean and comfortable and the included breakfast was average. There was some renovation of the property taking place, but it did not pose any problems with noise or dust.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are always trying to understand what our guests value the most. I am grateful to know that you had an easy time communicating with my colleagues and that you enjoyed our breakfast.

Please know that you are most welcome to provide us with any additional comments you may have. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm wishes,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Shanghai

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a good hotel in a central location with modern, comfortable rooms. The service is above average. The pool was closed for renovations when I visited. Those writing about dated rooms should know the hotel is currently renovating rooms on lower floors. Noise was not an issue for me as work stops around 6pm.

Two things to note: the TV, while a modern large-screen unit, has terrible reception and there are significant discounts to be had from the 'official' posted room rates if you do some sleuthing on local booking sites as opposed to US-centric websites.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you very much for writing us a review on Tripadvisor.

It is gratifying to know that our Team Members are generally doing a good job of taking care of you while our overall service has reached your expectation. I will make sure that your constructive comments on TV and receptionist taken discount issue will be shared in the related department.

Please be aware that I would like to welcome any additional comment since any feedback could help us to improve.

We sincerely expect you come back to us soon !

Kind wishes,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have been staying here 2,5 years ago and I have to say there has been a lot of progress here:

- The Lobby is cleared up and much more welcoming
- Free Food and Drinks in the Executive Lounge are exceptional (Breakfast!!)
- Although we did not like out initial room our concerns have been heard and sorted our immediately

Specially I would like to mention Mrs. Mita from the Executive Lounge - who made with her team any effort to make us satisfied & loyal customers - we definitely will come back - even the Hotel has some minor shortfalls which have been already discussed here enough.

Keep going!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Happy New Year and thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

Your great comments, especially the compliments on Executive Lounge and hotel lobby. In addition, I am glad to find out that you enjoy the service excellent from our Executive Lounge team members. I will be sure to share your comments with concern management, so they will be recognized.

The Hilton Team and I look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

With kind regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Another great Hilton in a great location. The room was spacious and clean. Room service was fast and the selection was very good - a blend of traditional Hilton and local cuisine. The hotel car for airport transportation was efficient, perhaps a little pricey, but very comfortable.
The executive floors were wonderful. Breakfast was served in a room that overlooks the city skyline - a great way to start each morning. You get to know the wait staff when staying a few days, and they are very friendly.
There is an excellent traditional Chinese restaurant, Sichuan Court, on the 2nd-floor-from-the-top - great views. But be sure to walk to the top floor and experience the circular windows that overlook the skyline. You will agree that Shanghai has arguably the most attractive skyline view in the world (if you can see it on a smog-light day). Breathtaking.
Walking across the main street, Yan`an Xi Road, you will find a typical Shanghai shopping mall, and a temple to visit. Slightly longer walks will get you to a Starbucks and a variety of local restaurants.
The only real negative at the hotel was the internet - slow, and without a Hong Kong proxy, many sites are blocked.
Overall an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Get a high floor - the views are awesome.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time from your day to share your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We appreciate any and all feedback we can receive from our guests as a means for our improvement and better understanding what they value during their stays.

From your comments, I am pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our hotel location and Sichuan restaurant . Additionally, I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and the service offer in our property.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any additional comments. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Excellent hotel, gorgeous rooms, immaculate and beautiful baths, extremely comfortable and clean beds. Excellent breakfast with many choices both asian and continental, very friendly and helpful staff. Terrible internet (no bandwidth - can't load a web page at all.) Great location one block from the Jing'An Temple, and subway.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Happy New Year to you. On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your compliments from your recent stay. We truly appreciate any feedback we get, as we use it as a significant tool in assessing our service.

I am happy and appreciate for your great comments on our property location, guest room and breakfast. And also I do apologize for the internet connection problem during your stay. It will be surely shared in our concerned department and looking for a immediately improvement.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any additional comments or questions, as I would be pleased to hear from you.

I look forward to welcoming you back in a prosperous New Year of 2014 soon!

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Hilton Shanghai A nice hotel in a great location. Rooms are very nice and the bath towels are the best in the world, no kidding, I love the big soft and thick bath towels.
The hotel is close to shopping, metro and entertainment.
Nice hotel, with great service. The restaurants are good, the lobby lounge is a great place to settle in with friends and have a snack and a drink. I have stayed here may times and always have a great stay.
My only issue was the internet service, very low speed and could not support streaming video as promised in the purchase option. I spoke to the clerk at checkout and they made things right, excellent customer service.
I will be back..

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Your great comments, especially the compliments on hotel location, facilities and hotel service. In addition, I am glad to find out that you like our tower very much. However, regarding internet issue, IT manager will definitely have a look into it and I’m sure it will be resolved it shortly.

The Hilton Team and I look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

With kind regards,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

An old hotel, but service was good as the brand should be, some rooms are in renew, believe will be better in a short future. Overall it was a good stay, also breakfast was good. But internet in room cost a lot.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MsZhouMs

Dear Valued Guest,

Happy New Year and thank you for taking your time to share your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We are pleased to inform you that we have been considering renovations and refurbishments already for some time, and we are currently scheduled to complete the improvement of the last batch of our rooms from level 9 to 12 floors, and schedule to be completed by the first quarter of this year. I am sorry that our current room condition affected your stay negatively, but I hope that we have the opportunity to impress you with these changes upon your return!

Additionally, I am pleased that you enjoyed our service part and the breakfast offerings we have. Your comments will certainly be shared with our Team members as a note of what our guest’s value most. Please feel free to contact me directly with any further comments you may have about your stay or future stays, as I would be eager to assist!

Warm wishes,