“Good Hotel, good location”
Review of Hilton Shanghai

Hilton Shanghai
Ranked #57 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Hotel, good location”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed only over a Saturday night in a standard room as did not expect to spend a lot of time in the Hotel. Rooms good size and no complaints. Breakfast was very good for China compared to other hotels here. Thought the staff spoke good English and were all (without exception) very polite, friendly and extremely helpful, even looking up places on the internet for me then writing down instructions in Chinese for the taxi driver. How would we manage here without this help?
Would stay here again as thought the price reasonable for what I received.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write review on Tripadvisor by submitting your impression of our hotel.

I pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time at your recent stay in Hilton Shanghai. Your great comments on room facilities as well as service part will definitely encourage us to continue focusing on guest satisfaction at any time in the future. All related department will be shared with your mentioned comments.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservation or other assistance. We are confident your future experiences with us will be continuously satisfactory.

with kind regards,

Gerd Knaust

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed November 29, 2013

As a Hilton Diamond, I was given a lovely room and access to the Executive Lounge. My room was perfect and the staff in the Executive Lounge made every visit enjoyable. In the evening, I would purchase a salad in the Atrium Shop and bring it to the Lounge were I could enjoy the refreshments and desserts. The omelets at breakfast were the best I had in China.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write a review on Tripadvisor by submitting your impression of our property.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments, especially on our new Executive lounge and Atrium food issue. It will be definitely shared in our concerned team and it will encourage us to continue focusing on what our guest care for in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservation or other assistance, My colleagues and me are looking forward to seeing you in many future visits.

With kind regards

Seattle, WA
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Shanghai for business. I agree that the hotel, overall, looks a little tired but service was great - sent a car to pick me up at the airport and someone was waiting to greet me at the front door when I arrived. Always very friendly when I talked with the concierge who pointed me in the right direction. Location was so-so; wish there were more options near the hotel but a cheap cab ride to the Bund and Yu Gardens. My room was on the 30th floor - and it was great that it was windy while I was there because I could actually see Shanghai (the pollution was blown away) - but that left a high pitch whistling sound in the room from the wind.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stays with us!

We truly value the comments and feedback we receive from our guests, especially our loyal Members like you, as you are familiar with our values and service commitment. In particular, I am grateful to know the details that you enjoyed most during your stay such as arrival experience by our concierge team as well as guest relation officers. Your comments regarding the condition of our rooms will also be noted for improvement. I am pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing major renovations to update our facilities. I hope that you find a positive change upon your next visit.

My colleagues and I look forward to see you return to the Hilton Shanghai in the future! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional questions, comments or concerns you may have, as I would be happy to hear from you.

With warm regards,

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel is pretty good, but I thought that my deluxe room was a little tired. Also its design was not exactly ergonomic as the wardrobe was a considerable distance from the bed area and one needed binoculars to see the TV. We held a conference in the hotel earlier in the year and then I had an executive room, which was superior to the deluxe and probably worth the extra expense it you are on business. Service was not bad and the general layout and service provision of the hotel is OK. My overall impression was reasonably good but not exceptional for a Hilton.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to submit your impressions of your stays with us. We truly appreciate feedback from our regular guests as an important means to understand what our guests value most and what could be improved upon.

With this said, I am pleased to inform you that we have begun the second phase of our renovations and hope that you find a distinguishable change in our rooms once our improvements are complete. Still, I am very happy to hear that my colleagues are serve you well during your stay!

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me directly. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to having you back soon!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Hilton is one of the earlier quality hotels in Shanghai, many new ones so they have to compete and they do. If you can get the Executive lounge treatment, it adds a great evening relax with wine and food and beer-free! Good breakfast, great location, metro across the street in the park and beautiful temples nearby. In the French concession, 2 stops from Nanjing East shopping mecca.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well!

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate any and all of our guests' feedback as an important tool in our improvement and understanding what our guests value most.

From your comments, I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us overall.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon. Should you have any additional comments or questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I would be eager to assist!

Warm wishes,
Chicago
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a hotel that is exploiting its location. Value for money and quality of service is very average. Asked for a glass of water at the bar was denied and was required to purchase a small bottle for RMB 55 plus lobby charges. Internet service is poor

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank bhusawal
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed impressions of your stays with us. We truly appreciate your assessment on our service and facilities over repeated stays.

I am very pleased to hear that our location suited your trip. However, your comments on inter net has been well-noted for our review.

My colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Until then, please feel free to contact me directly should you have any additional comments or questions.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel. Very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Very close to Nanjing Road and Jinan Temple. About 30 minutes to Honqiao airport and railway station. Very convenient for business trips.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for submitting a review of your most recent stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated: we are always eager to know what our guests value most during their visits.

From your comments, I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially in regards to our staff and location. Our service is our primary focus and it is encouraging to hear that our efforts have been worthwhile.

Please know that I would be happy to hear from you further with any detailed comments. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

General manager