“Average stay in November” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Shanghai

Hilton Shanghai
Ranked #51 of 4,971 Hotels in Shanghai
Chicago
“Average stay in November”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a hotel that is exploiting its location. Value for money and quality of service is very average. Asked for a glass of water at the bar was denied and was required to purchase a small bottle for RMB 55 plus lobby charges. Internet service is poor

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank bhusawal
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed impressions of your stays with us. We truly appreciate your assessment on our service and facilities over repeated stays.

I am very pleased to hear that our location suited your trip. However, your comments on inter net has been well-noted for our review.

My colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Until then, please feel free to contact me directly should you have any additional comments or questions.

Gerd Knaust

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel. Very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Very close to Nanjing Road and Jinan Temple. About 30 minutes to Honqiao airport and railway station. Very convenient for business trips.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for submitting a review of your most recent stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated: we are always eager to know what our guests value most during their visits.

From your comments, I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially in regards to our staff and location. Our service is our primary focus and it is encouraging to hear that our efforts have been worthwhile.

Please know that I would be happy to hear from you further with any detailed comments. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

General manager
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have been going through this facility on transit over the last 8 years or so. All aspects of the facility are good. They damaged the tennis court to start with and the executive lounge does not have any vegetarian option of the grill. Service level is good. Often when you ask they go the extra mile. However the fact that you have to ask sometimes makes you wonder whether they have it right at all times. Overall I would say its good to very good depending on length of stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback as an important tool in our improvement and development.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any additional questions, comments or concerns, as I would be eager to assist. Otherwise, I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Having just spent one week here, I must say the Executive Lounge team are the best that I have experienced todate and i have been to many across many countries. They all truly understand the meaning of making the customer feel welcome and at ease. As i was on my own, I felt they made a special effort to talk and help me out. The quality of the products on offer was very good also. A special mention to Dylan on the team who excelled at customer excellence consistently.
My whole experience at the hotel was great

Its a good location (short taxi) for gay clubs £1.50 each way which is much better tan getting the metro, but the Metro is very close and convenient for everything.

If I return to Shanghai, i will stay here again and will recommend to my friends.

The other facilities are good also, although the Sauna, Steam Room and Bits ariund this area could be kept tidy more often as the floors looked more like the swimming pool....

Excellent result for me, thanks Team Hilton Shanghai

Room Tip: Well, I had a high floor so could not hear any noise or traffic
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of your recent stays with us. We truly appreciate any feedback we can get, as we use it as a significant tool in assessing our service. However, we are especially grateful for the comments of our regular guests, such as yourself, as you recognize our service standards over your return stays!

I also appreciate for your great comments on our property locationand SPA experience. In particular, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in your Executive Room and the time spent in the Executive Lounge. I will be sure to pass on your comments for Dylan from Executive lounge to our related Management, so they may be recognized for their service commitment.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any additional comments or questions, as I would be pleased to hear from you. Otherwise, I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sincerely Yours,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Spent 1 night at Hilton Shanghai, the location is excellent but the service need to be improve. Even though the staff at the executive lounge also have limited smile to us. I wish to settle my balance by cash however has been told that they dont have any small change and I need to pay the exactly amount which is sound very funny. The officers in coicerge not very helpful as well. Overall the money I paid for 5 star only worth for 3 star. Its dont have any Hilton feel at this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Brenda L
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, I want to thank you very much for your honest and detailed review of your recent stay with us. We most certainly try to touch every aspect of our guests stays that you mentioned with our efforts and regret that we did not impress you in all areas.

In fact, I do appreciate for your valuable comments on your Executive lounge staff and concierge staff issue. Rest assured that we will most certainly take note of what could be improved and what you valued most during your stay with sharing your comments in concerned department and carrying on necessary solutions.

Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I just finishing staying at the Hilton Shanghai. In the past when I stayed in Shanghai I usually stayed in the new part on the river, so this was different for me. However, this part of Shanghai has character and is not far by taxi if you want to see the new buildings. The room was comfortable and the executive lounge was nice with a great view. I only had a couple of nights so did not have much interaction with the staff as I was working. Clearly this is a little older than the newer hotels on the river, but it met my business needs.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well and that you are enjoying your time with us!

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of your stay. We truly appreciate any feedback we can get, so that we may recognize what our guests value most and how we may improve.

If you have any further comments to submit at the end of your stay, do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I would be eager to hear from you! Otherwise, enjoy the remainder of your stay and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for five nights. The room was roomy enough, beds were comfortable and bathroom was adequate, not too small and not too big. Free bottles of water are replenished daily and tea & coffee facilities are available.

Breakfast is buffet style (hot and cold choices) with an egg as well as a noodle station and is in the atrium café which is really light, airy and relaxing.

We made use of room service once and it came fairly quickly, was well presented and tasted pretty good.

Staff are polite and friendly. My only gripe would be the WiFi. It was excruciatingly slow most of the time, they really need to sort it out because if one needs to work, one needs to be very patient.

Location wise, it is right in the French concession area which has loads of great cafes and restaurants and is a great place to just wander around during the day and in the evenings.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to hear that my colleagues have consistently served you well over your stays; however, your comments on the speed of wifi has been well-noted for our review.