“Perfect spot and price”
Review of Hilton Shanghai

Hilton Shanghai
Ranked #59 of 5,146 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed July 20, 2013

location is quite strategic, near to Jingan temple station, easy to commute. Hotel is a bit old, but it is the service that makes me keep coming back. Price wise, i would say that their pricing is very competitive. Overall, i think it is a value for money.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your perspective, as a regular guest of ours, towards our improvement and understanding what our guests value most.

From your comments, I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed our service and location. We would be eager to hear from you further should you have any additional comments. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Been staying at the hilton everytime im in shanghai for 9 years and the quality remains solid. Some of the rooms are starting to show some wear, but the refurbished rooms are a nice upgrade. The location is very good within walking distance to the bund and the museum.

• Stayed: July 2013
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards.

Thank you for your loyalty and great support over 9 years staying with us. It really shows you are a 'member' of Hilton Shanghai even. Your valuable comment on renovated room will encourage us to continue carrying on our renovation plan in the coming years, and will share in related department.

Please feel free to contact us further with any additional comments of plans to return, as we would be grateful for another opportunity to serve you better.

Assistant Front Office Manager & Hhonors Manager

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just returned from a family vacation in China. Our last hotel stay was at the Shanghai Hilton. It was a terrible check in process and took us forever. We went to the hotel bar the first night and tried to add the bill to the room charges. They said their computer was down and they could not do that. So we gave them our Hilton American Express card which we had just used at the desk to check in. They said the card would not go through. Finally had to pay cash. Waited forever for our order. Drinks very poor quality.
We switched rooms with our daughter so she could be close to her young children. Explained it 3 times to the front desk and they never got it right. Our daughter left a day earlier and we ended up being locked out of our room the next day as they had us as having checked out.
Had to wait many times for the elevators at least 10 to 15 minutes. Got stuck in the elevator twice.
We asked the front desk if we could play bridge in the lobby and they said no. Asked if they had any area where we could and they said in our room. Rooms only had 1 chair.
They were never friendly and often rude. The only person who was nice was the person who cleaned our room.x We had just stayed at 4 other hotels in China which were wonderful. It was a shame to end our stay on such a sour note.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank palmerstl
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Although I am disappointed to hear of your negative impressions of your recent stay with us, please know that we truly appreciate your feedback. I feel very sorry for the inconvenience caused due to billing issue of computer shut down, as well as waiting for elevator and front desk agent helpfulness. I ensure it will be shared to concerned department with necessary solutions taken immediately.

I regret that we did not address your review until today. Your comments for improving our service standard have been well-noted. In the meantime, we will be reviewing our staff training and will certainly consider your notes for the room layout further.

Assistant Front Office Manager & Hhonors Manager

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed 1 night at the Hilton Shanghai. Rooms are well appointed, bed was comfortable, and washroom clean and functional. Was on the property for a conference, so did not try their restaurants, but their catered food was good. Requested late check-out (to 4pm) and was granted after the front-desk checked with her manager.

Location is just adjacent to the French Concession. About 2 blocks away is a nice temple. 2.5 blocks to a subway station which is convenient, but a bit crowded. The subway station is line 2, so it makes the hotel accessible to several major locations (namely People's Square and Zhongshan Park) without transfer. Line 2 also reaches Hongqiao airport/train station and Pudong Airport. To Hongqiao, the train ride may be faster than a taxi and a bit cheaper (RMB$6/7 subway vs. RMB$50/60 taxi) and might also be faster depending on traffic. To Pudong, it's a lot cheaper (~RMB$8), but a long ride and parts of trip can be crowded. Taxi from Pudong cost us RMB$160.

Overall, the Hilton has great rooms and service with a good location. If you want better, you probably will pay a lot more to stay on the Bund.

Dear Valued Guest,

From your comments, I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed our hotel rooms accommodation, location as well as high compliment on service part. It will surely shared in service team and will enourage us to continue carrying on great service at all.

We would be eager to hear from you further any additional comments. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Assistant Front Office Manager & HHonors Manager

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I Always use this structure when I come to Shanghai,just because I came here first time 15 years ago,but also because it is one of the best hotels in town,as service,I guess.I love Hilton Shanghai,really I feel home,clean,service impeccable and I am a not easy person at all!Location is also perfect to me.I strongly recommend this hotel to all !

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well!

Thank you for taking the time from your day to submit your review of your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our location.

My colleagues and I look forward to having you back at our property soon. Until then, please feel free to contact me directly should I be of any assistance!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had an executive suite, which was beautiful. The Club Lounge (Executive lounge) served a breakfast which was ok but not on the par with the room itself. Would have probably been much better to have breakfast at the restaurant. Service was excellent.

Dear Valued Guest,

From your comments, I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed our suite rooms and Executive Lounge. We would be eager to hear from you further should you have any additional comments. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Was on business for 4 nights. Staff is top notch, rooms are average at best, food is good. The bar is too expensive and not enough servers. If you are considering staying here, look around because there are better hotels and locations. Nice temple 250 meteres away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time from your day to submit a review of your recent stay with us. My colleagues and I truly appreciate any and all feedback we can get to understand what our guests value most during their visits.

Your comments have been well-noted, and I apologize that our service shortcomings affected your overall experience negatively. We will definitely take your comments into further consideration for our improvement.

My colleagues and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future. Until then, please feel free to contact me directly should you have any further detailed comments.