“Hilton Shanghai”

Ranked #57 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Beijing, China
“Hilton Shanghai”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I Always use this structure when I come to Shanghai,just because I came here first time 15 years ago,but also because it is one of the best hotels in town,as service,I guess.I love Hilton Shanghai,really I feel home,clean,service impeccable and I am a not easy person at all!Location is also perfect to me.I strongly recommend this hotel to all !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonShanghaiHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well!

Thank you for taking the time from your day to submit your review of your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our location.

My colleagues and I look forward to having you back at our property soon. Until then, please feel free to contact me directly should I be of any assistance!

melodywang@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
boston, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had an executive suite, which was beautiful. The Club Lounge (Executive lounge) served a breakfast which was ok but not on the par with the room itself. Would have probably been much better to have breakfast at the restaurant. Service was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your perspective, as a regular guest of ours, towards our improvement and understanding what our guests value most.

From your comments, I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed our suite rooms and Executive Lounge. We would be eager to hear from you further should you have any additional comments. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Was on business for 4 nights. Staff is top notch, rooms are average at best, food is good. The bar is too expensive and not enough servers. If you are considering staying here, look around because there are better hotels and locations. Nice temple 250 meteres away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time from your day to submit a review of your recent stay with us. My colleagues and I truly appreciate any and all feedback we can get to understand what our guests value most during their visits.

Your comments have been well-noted, and I apologize that our service shortcomings affected your overall experience negatively. We will definitely take your comments into further consideration for our improvement.

My colleagues and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future. Until then, please feel free to contact me directly should you have any further detailed comments.

Alicante
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one month when I arrived to Shanghai in July 2012, the hotel seem nice, a little vintage, but what impressed me is that I had to change 4 times of room, and when my family arrived on the third week, the two communicated rooms that I had been requested two weeks ago weren't available, even when they confirm me that the booking was ok the week and the day before. Finally they offer us two communicated rooms that were out of service, and everytime we used a hotel service we had to fight with the hotel personnel because they couldn't charge anything to that rooms that didn't appear in the computer management system of the hotel. Just to show how freak was the situation, we had to take our pillows and lie down in the middle of the hotel reception to finally get the communicated rooms they confirmed me a week ago.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards.

Although I am disappointed to hear of your negative impressions of your recent stay with us, please know that we truly appreciate your feedback. I feel very sorry for the inconvenience caused due to connecting room request issue and ensure it will be shared to concerned department with necessary solutions taken immediately. I regret that we did not address your review until today. Your comments for improving our internal communication have been well-noted. Also, we will be reviewing our staff training and will certainly consider your notes for the room layout further.

Please feel free to contact us further with any additional comments of plans to return, as we would be grateful for another opportunity to serve you better.

Kenny Gong

Assistant Front Office Manager & Hhonors Manager
8621-62480000 Ext.2130
Kenny.Gong@hilton.com
southern california
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed 5 nights while on a business trip to China. My first time in Shanghai. I reserved an executive level room and was told when I checked in that they automatically upgrade all Hilton Gold and Diamond members to the executive level. The Lounge on the 38th floor was lovely with an extensive full breakfast in the morning including a chef to prepare eggs on demand. It was mostly western food but also had a smattering of chinese dishes. My room was standard international Hilton with newer carpet and furniture and marble bath I was put on the 32nd floor. I had view of the nearby temple. Many things impressed me about this hotel. In addition to the lovely lounge I found the indoor air quality to be exceptional. There were people smoking occasionally in rooms but the hotel must have an strong air filtration system because within a few hours there was no trace of cigarette smoke after having someone smoke in a hallway. The gym and spa is very nice with extensive equipment and a large jacuzzi in the locker room. I used this every day. The afternoon tea and evening snacks in the lounge were also quite good. When I was there they had a party for the hotel's anniversary with lion dancers in the lobby. The concierge was very helpful in ordering me a taxi to the airport during rush hour. I got a late checkout due to my gold status without a problem. I also brought a colleague to breakfast in the lounge and was not charged for this. My room was very quiet and extremely comfortable with good strong air conditioning. The hotel does not make heavy use of scents to mask odors, rather the have clean air. I would stay here again. I found this hotel on par with other top international Hilton properties I have been at recently such as the Berlin Hilton and the Milan Hilton.

Room Tip: Executive level rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to submit your impression of your most recent stay with us. We rely on the feedback from our guests to understand what training and improvements are required at our property as well as what our guests value most during their stays. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge, fitness center and our newly renovated guest room.

Please know that I would welcome any additional comments you may have about your stay. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

france
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hilton is Hilton , big heavy towels , big comfortable bed , good location , good breakfast including in our rate but so cheap the fact that you have free wifi only at the lobby . You have to pay to get it in your room. At this level of hotel , even Accor and hotels in Asia is free access everywhere . Even outside for a coffee . They really have to work on it ! Specially with Asian customers or heavy travellers like us.we spent 4 nights ! Details make the difference !

Room Tip: Higher is better for the view and no noise!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cocotoi
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your great comments on our hotel location, breakfast and room facilities. However, as you mentioned the internet issue, your comments have been well-noted and will be shared with internet company as well as top management. We will be reviewing our internet offerings in the coming months and will certainly consider your notes for the room layout further.

Kenny Gong

Assistant Front Office Manager & Hhonors Manager
8621-62480000 Ext.2130
Kenny.Gong@hilton.com
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel on a weeklong trip for our anniversary. As a frequent traveller I can say this is one of the best hotels I have visited. As a diamond member this is by far the best hilton I've been in terms of service. We had great service from Diane, all through our stay she answered any questions we had, gave us advice on visiting local attractions and booked restaurants for us. Diane went that extra mile and is defiantly a credit to the hilton brand.
The executive lounge is great and has great views,food and a relaxing atmosphere.
Our room was lovely and spacious, housekeeping was always friendly and prompt. Joanna was great always who kept our room looking sublime.
Everyone is smiley and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of your most recent stay with us. We are very grateful for any feedback we receive, as we continue to gain a better understanding of what our guests value most. This is especially the case for guests such as yourself, who are loyal Hilton guests and understand our commitment to service.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your upgraded room and the benefits on the Executive Floor. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments for my colleagues in the Executive Lounge to our Management, so they may be recognized for their hospitality.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any additional details about your stay directly. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to seeing you soon!

8621-62480000 Ext,2222