This was my second stay at the Hilton Shanghai in Jing'An, and I like it even more than before. First of all, the location is ideal. Getting to and from Shanghai's main International airport is ultra convenient. Just hop on a Number 2 shuttle bus a few steps away from the Baggage Claim area, and in about 45 minutes, you will arrive at the Jing'An Temple bus terminal. From there, the Hilton is about a 5 minute walk.
Check-in was a breeze. I was directed to the Executive Floor, and within 2 minutes, I checked into my room. The room was typical Hilton, with a fruit bowl, water and Ferraro chocolates, waiting for me. The king bed was very comfortable, and just what I needed after a 13-hour flight from the US. During my stay, I took advantage of the Executive Lounge for breakfast and late afternoon snacks, along with the fitness center. The food was excellent, and the exercise equipment was all brand new. It was a work-related trip for me, so having wi-fi throughout the hotel was absolutely necessary, along with the lobby bar/lounge, which basically served as a meeting room for me and my clients. The service throughout was excellent, and I appreciated the staff being bilingual, since my Chinese is not very good. I even received a cake in my room on my birthday (see photo). My only gripe is that the Bank of China ATM was out of order for most of my stay, so I ended up using an Ping An Bank ATM across the street, which promptly ate my ATM card.
I shall be working in Shanghai more often, and I can see no reason to switch to another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished Hilton Shanghai hotel towers impressively above the city's former French Concession and is located in the heart of Shanghai's business and entertainment districts. Within walking distance of Shanghai's exclusive shopping streets, Nanjing Xi Lu and Huaihai Lu, this prestigious Shanghai hotel is close to Shanghai attractions such as Jing'an Temple and Jing'an Park. Pudong International Airport is a 50-minute drive away and Hongqiao Airport is only 20 minutes from the hotel. Hold your next conference in one of the 18 meeting rooms or choose the elegant Grand Ballroom at this Shanghai hotel. All contemporary Hilton Shanghai hotel Guest Rooms offer a spacious work area, wireless Internet access and large windows offering views of the city. Choose and Executive Room for access to the 38th floor Executive Lounge. After a busy day, relax in the spa, enjoy a game of squash or work out in fitness center at the Hilton Shanghai hotel. Choose from one of the hotel's 8 restaurants and bars and Dine on fresh seafood at People on Water, the Ningbonese Chinese cuisine restaurant and enjoy views of the impressive Shanghai skyline from the level 39 Penthouse Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Hilton International Shanghai
- Shanghai Hilton International