Some hotels in the Hilton portfolio don't live up to the quality once expected of this brand but the Shanghai Hilton is certainly up there with the best. Situated in the French Concession area of Shanghai the Hilton is handy for the main shopping areas and just a short cab ride away from the Bund with its views of the famous Pudong skyline. Ancient temples are also nearby. Rooms are very large by Far East standards and some have great views across the city. The hotel has a spa which I didn't use, my daughter reported it to be excellent but found it annoying that it was compulsory to purchase a swimming cap before using the pool. The breakfast buffet has to be one of the best in China with its generous mix of oriental and Western dishes. There is also an evening buffet with a wide choice of well-prepared dishes and another restaurant specialising in sea-food. However, I suggest you have a splurge and try the restaurant on the top floor. Wow but this is good! Very expensive by Chinese standards but worth every penny and the adjoining cocktail bar is worth it just for the view. A warning to non-smokers that there are a couple of smoking tables in this restaurant and many tables in the cocktail bar and ground-floor bar also permit smoking. My room flooded in the night due to problems on the floor above. It took just minutes to move me to another, and better room, and when I checked out the Duty Manager was waiting to apologise and to let me know that the General Manager would be contacting me at home to "put the matter right". I have stayed here before and will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished Hilton Shanghai hotel towers impressively above the city's former French Concession and is located in the heart of Shanghai's business and entertainment districts. Within walking distance of Shanghai's exclusive shopping streets, Nanjing Xi Lu and Huaihai Lu, this prestigious Shanghai hotel is close to Shanghai attractions such as Jing'an Temple and Jing'an Park. Pudong International Airport is a 50-minute drive away and Hongqiao Airport is only 20 minutes from the hotel. Hold your next conference in one of the 18 meeting rooms or choose the elegant Grand Ballroom at this Shanghai hotel. All contemporary Hilton Shanghai hotel Guest Rooms offer a spacious work area, wireless Internet access and large windows offering views of the city. Choose and Executive Room for access to the 38th floor Executive Lounge. After a busy day, relax in the spa, enjoy a game of squash or work out in fitness center at the Hilton Shanghai hotel. Choose from one of the hotel's 8 restaurants and bars and Dine on fresh seafood at People on Water, the Ningbonese Chinese cuisine restaurant and enjoy views of the impressive Shanghai skyline from the level 39 Penthouse Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Hilton International Shanghai
- Shanghai Hilton International