The Kunlun Jing An
$106
$101
$86
2,589 results
All reviewshilton shanghaithe executive loungeatrium cafetypical hiltonhilton propertyjing'an templethe penthousediamond memberfrench concessiontop floorfitness centeran upgradebusiness tripbreakfast buffetcorner roomlocation is excellentmetro station
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a good choice for Puxi: convenient location and comfortable environment.

The room had everything I would expect from a business hotel except an HDMI-capable TV for those who must watch their media on a big screen. Surprisingly the mattress was softer than Chinese hotel standard [i.e. wooden plank, for those accustomed to western standards].

Wifi worked well, which it had better have given the Y160/day price tag.

I found the staff to vary between pleasant and perfunctory but overall very satisfying.

My only gripe was the elevators which appear to be gerbil-driven given the extended wait times involved. Waiting a full five minutes for a ride down to the lobby is hardly the end of the world but certainly unusual for a high-end hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your most recent stay with us. Your feedback is much appreciated as a useful tool in our training and development.

We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your overall experience, but have made note of your suggestions for our improvement. In regards to our elevators in particular, we are currently in the process of renovating them one car at a time, which may have contributed to the unusual waiting time. I apologize for the inconvenience, but hope you find a positive change upon your return!

My colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Until then, do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further comments or questions, as I would be happy to help!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed in Shanghai Hilton during a business trip. Good hotel, clean and spacious rooms. Staff is friendly and very helpful. There was a Indian food restaurant opposite to Hilton so in future if required defenitely I would prefer to stay here.
Hilton restaurant is ok and staf is good, they prepared veg Pizza for me as they understand that I am not comfortable with non veg food.
Hotel is located near to Jin'an temple and near to a underground metro station.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well!

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate any and all of our guests’ feedback as an important tool in our improvement and understanding what our guests value most.

Having said this, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Particularly, I am pleased you enjoyed your room and the location of the hotel, and very pleased to know that my colleagues served you well and catered to your specific preferences!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon. Should you have any additional comments or questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I would be eager to assist!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in January 2013. Upon arrival got an upgrade to Panorama Suite on 25th floor. Although next to the elevators (that could be heard), the suite was beautiful, large and comfy, with 2 bathrooms. Plate of fruit with chocolades was already waiting... Also, got access to Executive Suite, which is phenomenal, with evening spread very good and tasty. Internet speed very good and reliable. Breakfast downstairs a bit crowdy and disorganized, in EL better, but with less choices.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PremiumFlyer74
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I hope this message finds you well and sincerely thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to submit a review of your most recent stay with us!

From your comments, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and the treats that were waiting for you as well as your access to the Executive Floor Lounge. Still, your notes on our downstairs breakfast venue have been well-noted for our improvement. We appreciate that you let us know what you valued most during your stay and what could have been better!

Should you have any additional comments or questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I would be eager to hear from you further! Otherwise, my colleagues look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a famous property near the Jing'an temple and subway line 2. I have stayed at this Hilton 3 times in the past several months and have always received excellent service, especially at the Executive Lounge. The staff seems to live by the motto "we will do everything we can to make your stay better."

Compared to the dozens of Hilton properties I have experienced, this one is near the top of my list (because I love coming to Shanghai). However, to most TripAdvisor users this hotel would be 4-rated for the following deficiencies:

- small guest room with a non-modern bathroom
- crowded breakfast areas on the first floor as well as in the 38th floor Lounge
- sporadic wifi network that drops the connection too often

In summary, this is a great hotel for HHonors Diamond/Gold members and a very solid choice for non-HHonors guests.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Leadbelly98
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

As you mention that you have stayed with us frequently over the past several months and are a Hilton Honors Member who has stayed with many Hiltons around the world, I am especially grateful for your comments on your overall stay experience with us. My colleagues and I truly appreciate your detailed feedback on what areas could use improvement as well as what you valued most. Your notes for the condition of our rooms, our breakfast service, and the internet stability have been well-noted. In addition, your positive overall comments, specifically for the service provided by my colleagues, are very much appreciated!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments you may have. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Another happy stay with Hilton.However, as I am a gold h'h,when I check-in to the Executive Lounge and found out the lounge is not fully operate during my stay because the hotel was low occupancy. I had to took my breakfast downstair at the ground floor. That's a bits disappointment for such a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards from the Hilton Shanghai!

As you mention that you are a Hilton Honors Gold Member and appear to be a regular guest of ours, I am especially grateful that you submitted your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments as a tool for our improvement. Although I am pleased to hear that you had a happy stay, I am disappointed to hear that you were inconvenienced by the partial closure of the lounge during the holiday season. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our Management.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further should you have any additional comments. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to having you back soon!