“Would be 5 star review only for the Rooftop Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Shanghai

Hilton Shanghai
Ranked #53 of 4,969 Hotels in Shanghai
Tirana, Albania
“Would be 5 star review only for the Rooftop Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Wonderful stay at the Hilton Shanghai and a special word of thanks to Diana the "big boss" of the HHonors Lounge on the top floor ;-)She really couldn't do enough for us throughout our stay and sorted us out with a suite on our arrival thanks to Diamond membership,Another word of thanks to the customer relations manager I cant recall his name but he accompanied me to show me a few rooms so I could choose one to my liking, both these staff members are true professionals and I hope they are properly valued and rewarded by Hilton Hotels for their valuable contribution to the overall guest experience.

Breakfast was either served in the Atrium on the ground floor or in the Executive Lounge and was substantial. Room was great, roomy and kept spotless by an excellent housekeeping lady.

Only down side to the experience at this Hilton was the restaurant on the top floor, grossly overpriced and service not up to scratch, it was as if it was another business owned by another company operating within the hotel complex, but the prices charged are not worth it. On top of that the first bottle of wine that we ordered arrived corked so we requested another bottle which was replaced after a little persuasion.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone and urge the hotel team to take a look at the top floor restaurant and how to improve it. The experience in the restaurant brings the overall guest experience at least for us down from a 5 star experience to a 4 star one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Warm greetings from Hilton Shanghai and thank you for writing us a comments in here. We appreciate you sharing your stay experience with us and the other travelers around the world.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team members especially those names you have mentioned. Team members are the biggest assets for Hilton and that s why we are still ranked as the top hotels here in Shanghai – this is simply because our people.

Every guests are different and has different needs and we struggle to anticipate and fulfill it.

Again, thank you for your time and those information will be disseminate inside hotel and I am sure we can improve and do better.

With kind regards,

melodywang@hilton.com
8621-62480000 Ext.2222

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because our usual place was fully booked. The first impression was this hotel had its glory maybe a decade ago. Very large lobby, bellmen were friendly. Check in and check out were rather slow. We stayed at one of those newly renovated rooms, comfy bed, big TV but not very clear. The view was very good from the window. Location is not ideally close to metro station or shopping or dining places, but there is always taxi waiting outside; so getting around wasn't too bad for us. Didn’t really eat at the hotel because there were just too many people. The spa was Ok apart from seeing few Chinese women walking around naked. There were still rooms still being renovated, it was quite noisy in the morning. In general, it would a good business hotel if you only stop over.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floor and Nanjing Road facing room for nice city view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MinibearX
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Warm greetings from Hilton Shanghai and happy new year to you !

Thank you very much for writing your comments in here. We appreciate your precious time.

I understood that some of our facilities had reached your normal standard while others didn’t meet your expectation. As the first 5 star hotel in Shanghai, we have been continuing doing refurbishment and facilities update. And yes, we are stilling conducting our room renovations and lots of regular guests had given us very positive feedbacks after staying the newly renovated rooms.

As a well established hotel, our hotel restaurants are busy most of the time. I would like to be your personal contact upon your next stay and assist you in making a booking in any of our outlets.

Again, thank you very much for your valued comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards,

melodywang@hilton.com
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have been a Hilton HHonors Diamond member since 2004. The Hilton Shanghai's executive lounge might have the best service and food of any of them (although Budapest might tie them).

My wife and I were treated royally at the Hilton Shanghai. The gym was also first class.

The rooms themselves are very nice but not quite as modern as those at the Hilton in Beijing. But that is very high standard to surpass!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

Thank you very much for taking the time from your day to submit a review of your recent stay with us. I am especially grateful for your positive comments as you were a loyalty Diamond guest with us since 2004 visit in Shanghai and had the opportunity to experience our property thoroughly.

We appreciate your great words about our service into details especially on Executive floor team and SPA. Your compliment comments will certainly be shared amongst our Management and our related colleagues, so that it encourages service team to continue in contribution in service and exceeds guest expectation with aim "Perfect 10" at all.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments or questions, as I would be eager to assist! Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon in a prosperous New Year of 2013!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hilton Shanghai Hotel

Check In

I had arranged for an Airport Transfer before my arrival as my airline would arrive at Pudong International airport early in the morning. The price was at RMB800 NETT for a buick van which I find it rather reasonable for a 1hour journey. The guide was at the airport carrying the Hilton Shanghai Sign and we were then escorted to the Carpark where the hotel driver was there waiting for us.

The Buick van was huge and comfy for the one hour ride we were going to have! We were given cold towels and mineral water (Which Conrad Hong Kong did NOT provide). The ride was smooth and comfortable with just a minor jam. We finally arrived at the hotel and the bellboy was there to assist us with our luggages. At the same time, Erica was at the front door waiting for our arrival. She told us that our check in would be done in our room.

Rating: 9/10

Room

As I had requested for a NOR1 upgrade at a very good price, I had gotten the executive Panoroma suite room which is situated on the 23rd floor, room number 2324. Honestly, I expected a higher level as it was executive. But as we entered in our room, I was surprised by the size of the living room and the bed room. It was fairly large and had comfortable spacing. Each of the rooms had a LARGE PLANT literally! The living room toilets was a first to me, as it had also a bathtub which ables you to bathe in there.

The bedroom toilet was huge with a separate bathtub and shower area . The toiletries are "Peter Thomas Roth". This is my first time seeing this brand and also in Hilton, I don't know if it is just for the executive levels or every floor but I find the brand to be very good. The bed was very comfortable and big. The only minor problem I had was the TV volume. At Volume 35 …. I couldn’t even hear anything especially the English channels. Other than that, everything was fine, the room made me feel at home (I think its due partly cause of the plants)

Rating: 9.5/10

Executive Lounge

The executive lounge is situated on the 38th Floor of the hotel. As I enter, the décor was very homely and the size of the lounge is surprisingly huge with the view overlooking Nanjing Road and Pudong from afar. The service here is extremely amazing, service staff “Suki” especially I would like to compliment her. Her smile and the will to do her work really brighten up everyone’s day. The food wise it’s kind of mediocre which surprise me. The quality wasn’t like other Hilton club floors I have been too.

Rating: 7/10

Others

Had breakfast at the new atrium café, the variety was great and so were the staff. It was a nice atmosphere. The doorman and bellboys were very pleasant and helpful. Overall, I had an awesome stay. Kudos shanghai Hilton. Location wise, I cant complaint as it wasn’t situated in the popular shopping districts but the Jing An Station is just 5-7 Mins away from the hotel so it’s not so bad.

Rating Overall: 8/10

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time from your day to submit a review of your recent stay with us. I am especially grateful for your positive comments as you were a guest with us for the first time visit in Shanghai and had the opportunity to experience our property thoroughly.

We appreciate your kind words about our service into details especially on driver, bell boy, room part as well as Executive lounge experience. Also, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments typically on named staff will certainly be shared amongst our Management, so that our related colleagues may be recognized for their commitment to service and exceeding expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments or questions, as I would be eager to assist! Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Ramon, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

- Good Service
- Very good exec. lounge
- Excellent location
- Friendly staff
- Nice gym.

The room is a bit small and old compare to other Hilton in APJ (i.e. Singapore and Malaysia).
The Chinese restaruant on the 39th floor is very good.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of your most recent stay with us. We are very grateful for any feedback we receive, as we continue to gain a better understanding of what our guests value most. This is especially the case for guests such as yourself, who are loyal Hilton guests and understand our commitment to service.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your upgraded room and the benefits on the Executive Floor. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments on service for my colleagues in the Executive Lounge to our Management, so they may be recognized for their hospitality. Additionally, I am happy to know that you are also pleased with 39th floor Chinese restaurant, hotel location and gym facilities.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any additional details about your stay directly. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Near Jing An Temple Metro Station, a small Lawson convenience store on the side, and walking distance to shopping area, as well as near a city sightseeing bus stop.
Its a nice stay, usual Hilton standard, nothing special, and everything as expected.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate any feedback that can help us understand what our guests value most and how we may improve. Therefore, I am grateful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments, as I would be eager to hear directly from you. Otherwise, my colleagues and I hope to see you soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Hilton may not be the Four Seasons but the food and the service was wonderful. There are places they can be better like the in room bar and cleaning but hey dont be a pig! They could have free wi fi but cause a bit of a fuss and they will take it off for a few days. They have comfortable beds and great food.

Room Tip: Tell them way in advance you want a view of the Jade Temple.. its not that hard.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Season’s greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well!

I appreciate that you took the time to share your impressions of your stay with us. Guest feedback is an important tool in our development, so we thank you for your comments. Specifically, thank youyou’re your positive comments about the comfort of our rooms, our service, and our food. However, your notes for the in-room minibar and the cleanliness of our rooms will be taken into consideration in addition to our internet policy.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further with any additional comments or questions, as I would be happy to hear from you. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon and serving you better then!

Olivia Ji