Wonderful stay at the Hilton Shanghai and a special word of thanks to Diana the "big boss" of the HHonors Lounge on the top floor ;-)She really couldn't do enough for us throughout our stay and sorted us out with a suite on our arrival thanks to Diamond membership,Another word of thanks to the customer relations manager I cant recall his name but he accompanied me to show me a few rooms so I could choose one to my liking, both these staff members are true professionals and I hope they are properly valued and rewarded by Hilton Hotels for their valuable contribution to the overall guest experience.
Breakfast was either served in the Atrium on the ground floor or in the Executive Lounge and was substantial. Room was great, roomy and kept spotless by an excellent housekeeping lady.
Only down side to the experience at this Hilton was the restaurant on the top floor, grossly overpriced and service not up to scratch, it was as if it was another business owned by another company operating within the hotel complex, but the prices charged are not worth it. On top of that the first bottle of wine that we ordered arrived corked so we requested another bottle which was replaced after a little persuasion.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone and urge the hotel team to take a look at the top floor restaurant and how to improve it. The experience in the restaurant brings the overall guest experience at least for us down from a 5 star experience to a 4 star one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished Hilton Shanghai hotel towers impressively above the city's former French Concession and is located in the heart of Shanghai's business and entertainment districts. Within walking distance of Shanghai's exclusive shopping streets, Nanjing Xi Lu and Huaihai Lu, this prestigious Shanghai hotel is close to Shanghai attractions such as Jing'an Temple and Jing'an Park. Pudong International Airport is a 50-minute drive away and Hongqiao Airport is only 20 minutes from the hotel. Hold your next conference in one of the 18 meeting rooms or choose the elegant Grand Ballroom at this Shanghai hotel. All contemporary Hilton Shanghai hotel Guest Rooms offer a spacious work area, wireless Internet access and large windows offering views of the city. Choose and Executive Room for access to the 38th floor Executive Lounge. After a busy day, relax in the spa, enjoy a game of squash or work out in fitness center at the Hilton Shanghai hotel. Choose from one of the hotel's 8 restaurants and bars and Dine on fresh seafood at People on Water, the Ningbonese Chinese cuisine restaurant and enjoy views of the impressive Shanghai skyline from the level 39 Penthouse Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hilton Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Hilton International Shanghai
- Shanghai Hilton International