“Very Good”

Ranked #56 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
Hong Kong, China
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stay in Hilton Shanghai for 3 nights because of a conference close-by.

Appreciate the upgrade of my room from Deluxe to Executive Floor because of my Gold Membership. I stay in one of the top floors (35/F) with a very good city view. The room is big, with a semi-separate working and sleeping area. Amenities of the bathroom are also of high quality.

Breakfast and cocktail at the Executive Floor are excellent. Lots of varieties for food and beverage. Staff are friendly and spoke good English.

Love the 24/7 fitness center a lot especially the high-quality treadmill.

Worth staying in this hotel again if you need to visit Hongqiao and Bund areas.

1 Thank Edward-A A
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of your most recent stay with us. We are very grateful for any feedback we receive, as we continue to gain a better understanding of what our guests value most. This is especially the case for guests such as yourself, who are loyal Hilton guests and understand our commitment to service.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your upgraded room and the benefits on the Executive Floor. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments for my colleagues in the Executive Lounge to our Management, so they may be recognized for their hospitality. Additionally, I am happy to know that you found the 24 hour availability of the gym to be convenient.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any additional details about your stay directly. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to seeing you soon!

olivia.ji@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Location is near Jian Temple. If you have less lugguage, you can take the number 2 line from the airport to Jian Temple. They welcome me with open arms and upgraded my room with access to the Executive Lounge. With my Gold membership, I get free breakfast and wifi access. The staff are friendly and can speak English well. Was able to use their Spa facilities especially after traveling 3 other countries in Southeast Asia. Would stay at the hotel again on my next trip to Shanghai.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback as an important tool in our improvement and development. In particular, we are pleased to know what our guests value most. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your benefits as our Hilton Honors Gold Member and that my colleagues served you well during your stay as well as the central location of the hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any additional questions, comments or concerns, as I would be eager to assist. Otherwise, I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

This hotel will always mean something a little more to us, as it is where we got married. My abiding memory is the grand foyer as you walk in, which is covered in marble with a grand staircase. Everything you would expect from a 5-star hotel in Shanghai is here. Location is just at the top of Nanjing Lu, so access to good local restaurants and shops is great. Rooms are very comfortable and I thought the value for money was great.... If you are looking for a good business hotel, or a high-end comfortable hotel, then you cannot go that wrong with the Hilton....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, congratulations on your recent nuptials! I am very happy to hear that the Hilton Shanghai was a part of creating a memorable experience for you and your wife on your wedding day.

Furthermore, I am grateful that you took the time from your schedule to share your positive experience with us. We are always looking for feedback to help us understand what our guests value most, and you offer a valuable perspective. We are pleased that you had a comfortable stay and were able to enjoy your stay in our beautiful city. Please know that I would be eager to hear any additional comments from you directly. Otherwise, my colleagues look forward to welcoming you and your wife soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just putting in excellent because of the people working here! Stayed 14 night in November and the service is fantastic. Some rooms are worn down a bit, but all is very clean and people are so friendly. Something that is very unusual is the sense of humor and the way you always feel welcome. Executive lounge is very good with nice wines and food. No language barriers easy to communicate and everybody takes those extra steps to help you out.
I consider this to be an oasis in one of the biggest cities in the world. Everything works here, I recommend this hotel to anyone going to Shanghai for any reason.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time from your day to submit a review of your recent stay with us. I am especially grateful for your positive comments as you were a guest with us for two weeks and had the opportunity to experience our property thoroughly. We appreciate your kind words about our service and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will certainly be shared amongst our Management, so that our Executive Floor Colleagues may be recognized for their commitment to service and exceeding expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments or questions, as I would be eager to assist! Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has proves to be consistently good as long as you end up in a renovated room. The old rooms are tired and worn but still comfortable. The renovated rooms are what one would expect. Location is perfect for my needs, food is decent and staff are, at worst, very competent and mostly excellent.

I can't fault this hotel as it serves its purposes very well although it is most definitely more suited as a business hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to submit your impressions of your stays with us. We truly appreciate feedback from our regular guests as an important means to understand what our guests value most and what could be improved upon.

With this said, I am pleased to inform you that we have begun the second phase of our renovations and hope that you find a distinguishable change in our rooms once our improvements are complete. Still, I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed the dining options available in the hotel as well as our overall service!

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me directly. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to having you back soon!

Pattaya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed like always in the Executive Floor , the service in the Lounge is excellent, everything like expected in such class of hotel. The corner room perfect. Only the old story of free WLAN makes a huge minus. I am really interested at what time they come to standard of free WIFI! It' s a long time you get it free in the cheapest Hotels in China

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to submit a review of your stays with us. We are always seeking to understand what our guests value most during their stays and, as you are a regular guest of ours, your comments are of particular interest to us. We truly appreciate your positive comments for my colleagues in the Executive Floor. However, as you mention that our internet policy is of concern to you, rest assured that your comments will be taken into further consideration in the review of our internet service in the upcoming year.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments or questions you may have. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

A centrally located hotel at Hilton standards. Sizeable room with al the facilities you would expect. Breakfast was great with lots of choice across different cuisines. Room service was efficient and tasty with a good selection. Great spa and I had a fantastic massage. Only gripe was they wanted me to wear a swimming hat in the pool and because I wouldn't I couldn't use it. I was allowed in the jacuzzi and steam room which was truly relaxing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time from your day to submit a review of your recent stay with us. Feedback from our guests is always valued and considered for our development and improvement. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and our breakfast offerings, as well as our room service and SPA. Still, your comments for the requirement to wear a swimming cap have been well-noted and will certainly be considered further.