“Well located city centre hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Shanghai

Hilton Shanghai
Ranked #43 of 4,454 Hotels in Shanghai
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Well located city centre hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

A centrally located hotel at Hilton standards. Sizeable room with al the facilities you would expect. Breakfast was great with lots of choice across different cuisines. Room service was efficient and tasty with a good selection. Great spa and I had a fantastic massage. Only gripe was they wanted me to wear a swimming hat in the pool and because I wouldn't I couldn't use it. I was allowed in the jacuzzi and steam room which was truly relaxing.

• 5 of 5 stars
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

Thank you very much for taking the time from your day to submit a review of your recent stay with us. Feedback from our guests is always valued and considered for our development and improvement. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and our breakfast offerings, as well as our room service and SPA. Still, your comments for the requirement to wear a swimming cap have been well-noted and will certainly be considered further.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments or questions, as I would be eager to assist! Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

olivia.ji@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I got a free upgrade to one of the recently renovated rooms, with a great view, made the stay really special. bath amenities were great.

Gym and pool and spa area were great. Location is also great, five minutes walk from Jing'an temple and the Jing'an metro station, which has access to two lines.

The chinese restaurant at the top was also fabulous.

The only thing I didn't really like about the hotel was that the lobby smelled like smoke as there is a smoking bar on the ground floor when you walk in.

• 4 of 5 stars
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to submit a review of your most recent stay with us. We are constantly trying to understand what our guests value most during their stays and how we may improve, so we truly appreciate your detailed feedback.

In particular, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your room upgrade and the view from your room as well as the amenities waiting inside. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed other facilities, such as our SPA and Sichuan Court Restaurant. Still, your comments regarding the smoking smell in the lobby will certainly be taken into further serious consideration in how we allocate smoking and non-smoking areas in the hotel.

I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you to the hotel soon. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments or questions you may for future stays.

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had some doubts when arriving here due to comments referring to technical state of the facility. It turns out that about 50% of ca 700 rooms have been refurbished during the pastbtwo years. The rooms at Executive Floor are all refurbished. Some wallpapre is already peeling off, but.... What can you do.

Staff at the reception was OK. We were quickly shown to the Executive Lounge, given the keys. The room was good. Fairly large, comfy bed. Only aircon was not too efficient - it was getting warm at night.

Great breakfast and dinning facilities. Especially Leonardo's offers sophisticated and good menu. Hudge collection of wines throuout the hotel dining places.

Good gym too. Spacious, a lot of equipment. Nice swimming pool.

Room Tip: Make sure to get one of the refurbished rooms. Corner rooms are very nice!
    • 4 of 5 stars
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to submit your review online. We truly appreciate your feedback as a means for us to understand what our guests value most and how we may improve.

In response to your comments in particular, thank you for acknowledging our ongoing efforts to improve our facilities. We are aware of what we would like to refurbish and have made aggressive plans to complete our restorations. Furthermore, I am pleased to hear that your check-in and dining experiences were enjoyed, and that you made good use of our gym facilities.

Please know that I would welcome any additional comments from you and you may contact me directly at the contact information below. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon, as we are eager to serve you even better then.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

For a Hilton hotel this was rather dissapointing. The last time I stayed here they were renovating one area and this time they were renovating another area. It needs it as well.
The check in staff are rather surley and not too helpful but that is made better by the group of conciege people. These guys are essential for getting around town.
The location for business is a bit out of the way and if a tourist even further out of the way.
The rooms are quite basic and the internet connection very slow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards.

Thank you very much for submitting your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We use any and all of our guests’ feedback as an important tool for our training and improvement. With that said, I am very disappointed that you were not more impressed by our facilities and my colleagues. We are currently taking on a large project in renovating all of our guest rooms in phases as well as making serious considerations in renewing our internet services for the coming year. I hope you find an improvement in these areas upon future stays. In regards to my colleagues, I truly appreciate your positive comments for my Concierge Colleagues and hope that our Front Desk will offer you a similar experience upon your return. Your concern will certainly be used in our training.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments you may have Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mankato, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here for threee nights as part of an Odessys Unlimited tour of China.
It was the best of the three hotels that we stayed in.
The staff was helpful and acceptably proficient in English.
And everything in the room worked, which appears to be unusual in China today.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We are always trying to understand what our guests value most during their stays. I am grateful to know that you had an easy time communicating with my colleagues and that you enjoyed your time in your room.

Please know that I would welcome any additional comments you may have about your stay. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

This was my first trip to Shanghai,and the hotel really serve me well. It is located within walking distance to Huai Hai road. About 10 min stroll to the nearest train station - Jing An Si.

If you intend to do most of your activities at the Bunk (Wai Tan), you probably want to consider other hotels.

Overall speaking, Hilton Shanghai is a great hotel, do opt for executive floor. Aside from breakfast and snacks, you'll get a great view there... A good spot to relax, free wifi is provided.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to submit your impression of your most recent stay with us. We rely on the feedback from our guests to understand what training and improvements are required at our property as well as what our guests value most during their stays. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our location as well as the view and treats available at the Executive Lounge.

Please know that I would welcome any additional comments you may have about your stay. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Paris, Ile-de-France, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is very conveniently located close to shopping and the old part of the city. If you are lucky enough to get a high floor the view is great. Staff are friendly and professional and speak English. The menu has a little bit of everything and room service is 24/7.
It is an easy lace to stay during business trips to Shanghai.

1 Thank Melanie B
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to begin by thanking you very much for submitting your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments and consider them significantly in plans to improve.

From your comments and ranking of your stay, I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our overall experience with. However, I am most pleased to hear your positive comments for my colleagues—we always try to show our genuine hospitality when interacting with our guests. Still, if you have any additional comments on your stay, I would be happy to hear from you further.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions, comments or concerns, as I would be eager to assist. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!