“Hilton will always be Hilton!”
Review of Hilton Shanghai

Hilton Shanghai
Ranked #57 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Shanghai, China
“Hilton will always be Hilton!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have stayed at Hilton Shanghai a number of times. I would strongly recommend the hotel to business and leisure travelers. The rooms are very comfy though a little expensive. The breakfast buffet is amazing. You can make out the difference in quality of the fruits served at Hilton and any other place you've ever eaten. There are plenty of restaurants nearby for those who'd like to try cuisines not available at the hotel.

The new HHonors + Airline Miles scheme is sure to tempt you, especially if you're a business traveller.

Room Tip: Try the Indian restaurant opposite to the hotel for some authentic-easy on the pocket-tasty Indian m...
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—thank you kindly for your comments regarding your stays with us!

As a regular guest of ours, your comments and feedback are appreciated. I am very grateful that you took the time out of your schedule to share your review with us from an experienced perspective. Specifically, we are pleased to know what particulars you enjoyed most about your stays and what you value most about your visits! In addition, I am pleased to know that you are taking advantage of our loyalty program.

Please know that any additional questions, comments or concerns would be welcome. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

fu.li@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My wife and I had out wedding reception at the Hilton Shanghai in March 2012; unfortunately, due to some issues with the service on the night, we were not 100% happy with our experience. Among other things, the Hilton kindly treated us to an evening of dinner and wine at the Leonardo restaurant, turning what was a fairly mediocre performance into an overall satisfying experience with the hotel. The food was very good, with a squid salad, seafood risotto, lamp steak, and finished off with tiramisu in the end. Top marks go to food and beverage outlets manager, Patrick, who took time out throughout the night to make sure that we were well looked after. My wife and I are both pleasantly surprised by what the Hilton was able to deliver, and just it goes to show that a customer-first attitude will always win over customers in the end.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim Z
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards and congratulate you on your recent nuptials!

Although I truly regret that the service during your wedding reception was not perfect, I am very pleased to know that Patrick made sure that you enjoyed the remainder of your experience with us. He has certainly been a great example of our values to ensure our guests feel valued and genuinely cared for. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with our Management, so they may be aware of his service commitment.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments with us. We truly appreciate any and all questions, comments and concerns we can get, as they are significant in our development!

We look forward to having you return to the Hilton Shanghai. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments!

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on two separate occassions. The hotel is very clean, a little dated, and great staff. Most of staff spoke good Englsih so made it easy. I am a Hilton Diamond member so we got to use the executive lounge which essentially made it possible for us to eat every breakfast and dinner at no charge! Free drinks also with a great view. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stays with us!

We truly value the comments and feedback we receive from our guests, especially our loyal Diamond Members, as you are familiar with our values and service commitment. In particular, I am grateful to know the details that you enjoyed most during your stay in our Executive Floor. Your comments regarding the condition of our rooms will also be noted for improvement. I am pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing major renovations to update our facilities. I hope that you find a positive change upon your next visit.

My colleagues and I look forward to see you return to the Hilton Shanghai in the future! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional questions, comments or concerns you may have, as I would be happy to hear from you.

Palm Cove, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Good location (very close to Nanjing Rd).
Staff - very good
Service - very good
Rooms - clean, spacious, very Hilton - great for business
It was my birthday during this stay and when I came back to my room in the evening there was a birthday card (signed personally) and cake from the General Manager - a lovely touch especially when you are traveling and far from home - that was unexpected and very sweet :)
I was in an executive room and had the club lounge access - which I highly recommend. The staff were great - they remembered who I was every visit (which is nice) the club lounge breakfast was excellent! The evening canapes were pretty basic - but the staff went out of their way to find me a wine that I would like - which I didn't expect and I certainly appreciated.
For a corporate hotel - they do a good job here! I would stay again and have no problem to recommend to others.

Room Tip: Go for the executive rooms with Club Lounge access
, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

Thank you for submitting your impressions of your most recent stay at our property. We are very grateful to have any and all feedback we can, as we recognize our guests’ comments as valuable tools for our development as well as for focusing on the areas of our service guests appreciate most. I am pleased to know the details that you most enjoyed and will be sure to share your comments with my Executive Floor colleagues!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon! If you have any additional suggestions, do not hesitate to contact me directly!

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have stated here multiple times and used to love this hotel. This trip, the English of the staff had deteriorated. I had to ask several times to make myself understood. Secondly there was a disturbance in the room next to mine (that included things hittung the wall)and security did not respond to check the room after I called. When I asked to speak to a manager on checkout they were too busy. There were things that I can only attribute to poor management. This included a note saying they had cleaned my carpet and waived the fee for this, except they did not clean the carpet and I had not made any stains. I am sad as this was one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Patricia M
, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay in June with us further.

I truly regret that your most recent visit did not match your past positive experiences. However, please be assured that these comments and your previous messages to us have been taken into serious consideration. I apologize that my colleague Duty Manager was checking out another guest upon your request to speak with a manager at checkout and that he could not address your issues prior to your departure, but I hope that my previous correspondence with you to address your concerns as well as my offers for future stays were received well.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further should you have any additional questions, comments or concerns, as I would be eager to assist you!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stay here every year on business and am always happy with the service. Big comfortable beds, decent room and great views of the city. Breakfast is great and the facilities are all of a good standard, they could benefit with some free wifi but on the whole the staff do their best to give you a comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate that you took the time from your day to share your experiences with us. As a regular guest of ours over the years, we are especially grateful that your comments are positive, as you have had the opportunity to stay with us on more than one occasion and become familiar with our service. We will certainly take your suggestions regarding complimentary wifi into further consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and encourage you to contact me directly should you need any assistance with your reservations!

Dennis, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for several nights and it turned out to be a nice enough place to stay. It was not expensive ( under 200 ), the breakfast (western) was very good, and near enough to shopping and restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share the details of what you enjoyed most about your stay with us. We greatly value any feedback we receive from our guests as an important tool for our improvement and recognizing our strengths. I am very pleased to hear that you would return based on the experience you had during your most recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me further with any additional comments, questions or concerns, as I would be happy to help!