The Kunlun Jing An
$123
$101
$86
2,589 results
All reviewshilton shanghaithe executive loungeatrium cafetypical hiltonhilton propertyjing'an templethe penthousediamond memberfrench concessiontop floorfitness centeran upgradebusiness tripbreakfast buffetcorner roomlocation is excellentmetro station
Reviewed October 29, 2007

Seems as if the quality of this hotel is slipping. I stayed in a newly renovated executive floor room. I was upgraded for free. Ok, nice, but now I wish that they had left me in a "regular" room. These new rooms are poorly planned and badly maintained. Outlets are sparce and in inconvenient locations. No outlets near the bedstands, for example. No ironing board or iron in the room. Maybe they think that people staying in these rooms never iron their own clothes after a flight. I do. So, I had to call for an iron and ironing board to be brought up. What a mess! Very poor quality board, low, and the iron itself leaked. Ok. What could happen next. Well next up is the desk lamp, which has a special plug for a special outlet. It is so special, that it will not stay plugged in securely, and the lamp flickers whenever I move my chair. The lamp itself will not stay adjusted to illuminate the entire desk, because no one maintains the adjustment. So, it just sadly droops to the side and illuminates just the inside section of the large glass (yes glass!) desk...

The bathroom has a very modern "artsy" decor, but it is just barely functional. There is no separate shower stall. For a room that costs this much (2150 RMB, my company's special rate), one would think that they might have that. I think that I must be spoiled from staying at the Shangri-La in Pudong (same price, but much nicer room and bathroom, AND everything works!).

Well, I have stayed in this Hilton at least 3 to 4 times per year over the past 4 years. I have never seen a room like this in this particular Hilton property. Oh well...this is just my first night. Perhaps it will get better later in the week.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank jrccih
Reviewed October 13, 2007

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed September 22, 2007

I stayed here three nights. On the first night I walk into the elevator, and was joined, from nowhere by a girl who didn't press any floor buttons. Weird. On my final night, same thing, another girl except this time "hi.... Like massage?... very nice...: I said no thanks but she persisted in following me to my room, and I had to shut the door in her face.

Otherwise this place is shabby and tired, and needs a visit from a wrecking ball.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
9  Thank NickieO
Reviewed August 18, 2007

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2007

The amount of brown marble in the Hilton lobby gives a vaguely dated impression, but this is offset by the quality of the rooms, a convenient location and the service.

The reason I am writing this review is more related to the service. The concierge in Shanghai was exceptional. I had a number of requests and all the staff were English speaking and exceptionally helpful. In a country where it is sometimes difficult to make yourself understood (even with a rudimetary grasp of Mandarin) this makes all the difference. If I return to Shanghai I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends