“Great Pudong hotel - undergoing renovation in Summer”

Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel
Ranked #73 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed September 2, 2014

This was a return visit to this hotel. I like the location, staff and especially the restaurant. I wasn't able to enjoy the exec lounge or exec floor as both were under renovation but they had opened up the main bar with a small buffet to make up for it, which was a nice gesture.

Plan ahead when needing a taxi as they can be harder to come by at this hotel as flagging them down seems to be a challenge for the door staff.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel

Reviewed August 30, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 8 nights from 9th-18th August 2014. The service from start to end was absolutely 5*. All of the hotel staff were polite, attentive and friendly. The reception staff spoke very good English, and although there were some barriers with the waiting staff, they always got our orders correct and were lovely.

The hotel room was finished to a high standard and was always spotlessly clean every day. Couldn't fault it at all.

The hotel is situated in a very good location and is a 10/15 minute walk to the underground (Science and Technology Park) and a huge shopping complex, with lots of shops and restaurants.

The underground was surprisingly easy and hassle free to navigate (although very very busy on a weekend!)

We got lots of advice, information and tips from the General Manager. He was very helpful during our entire stay, often coming over to us in the evenings to ask about our day.

The food at the hotel was amazing and we were happy to try new things (most dishes on the menu are accompanied with a picture) We ate at all of the restaurants on offer and the food was spot on every time. Only thing is that you don't necessarily get served all of your dishes at the same time, so they sometimes came out a several minutes after each other, but we just picked at each others meals until all dishes were out.

All in all, an absolutely fantastic hotel and will definitely stay again if I find myself visiting China in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank vickylou88
rhipudong, General Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear vickylou88, thank you for sharing this wonderful review and appreciate your generous feedback. It was great to have you staying with us and I am glad when our guests recognize the efforts that our associates put into guest service. We have shared your comments with them as it is a great motivation for the entire team. Thanks for the positive comments on the room standards and cleanliness and it will get even better. As mentioned we are in process of upgrading our guest rooms and the club level rooms should be ready soon for a fresh, new guest experience in a modern Renaissance design. At Renaissance we always try to provoke our guests to discover the city and local surroundings. Therfore I am glad that our Navigators and myself could assist you to explore the most popular places in this vibrant city but also some hidden gems off the beaten track. Last but not least I am happy that you also tried our Chinese restaurant Wan Li and enjoyed the indigenous food. As common in Chinese cuisine food often comes at the same time as it is been shared all together but I advised the restaurant team next time to ask our customers. It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back soon. I am sure you will enjoy the comfort and design of our newly renovated rooms. Yours sincerely Silvano Dressino General Manager

Reviewed August 28, 2014

I've stayed at this excellent Hotel for in October many years visiting an international show "Music China" - everything is just about perfect. Rooms are comfortable big and clean and quiet, bar area is big and comfortable with a nice atmosphere and plenty of room for guests. Breakfast and dinner choices are great and quality of food is superb. Service is spot on without being to attentive. Location is also perfect for me. Staff always pleasant and helpful. Looking forward to this October - hope I get a refurbished room!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This hotel is considered slightly on the suburbs, though takes about 20mins to take a taxi to city.

Room is big and clean, with windows stretching for almost half the room which gives you a good view of the area.

Good spread of breakfast, and the staffs are all friendly. While waiting for my lunch at the lounge, this waitress immediately brought newspaper and also checked if I need to access wifi. Excellent service that goes the extra miles (I am sorry that I couldn't remember her name, but I had my lunch on 18th Aug, at about 1.30pm)

Hotel is linked to a shopping/food area at B1, and this will also link you to a metro Line 7, Langgao. Thus no problem even if it rained but underpass close at 10pm.

Room Tip: High floor gives a good view
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Currently undergoing a major renovation- they did a great job notifying me of the changes to the Club benefits- moving the lounge/breakfast (saved lots of money here since the restaurant breakfast was free!) and free minibar and snacks in the room. They were very helpful- even remembered me from previous frequent stays over 2 years ago! There was a strange odor that hit you as soon as you stepped off the elevator on Club Floor 20- thankfully it didn't smell that way in the room...hopefully it was due to the construction and will be fixed soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful at all times. The language was not a problem. Rooms are spacious and very clean as was all else. The pub had a great atmosphere every time I went there, there were also free snacks and tinned beer during "happy hour".
The breakfast was buffet and very good.

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to have good views and they will all be quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel is convenently located a 10 minutes taxi drive away from the MAGLEV station hat takes you from and to Pudong airport and quite central in Shanghai. It is near Century Park, the Shanghai Science and Technology Museum and its underground market in the metro station.
The staff is very friendly and the rooms are confortable and clean. The brekafast buffet is just gorgeous; you can enjoy a tipical chinese brekafast or a continental one or a mix of the two.
I enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Upper floors for the view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business