“Great Service and Very Nice Accommodations”

Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel
Ranked #75 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
“Great Service and Very Nice Accommodations”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights while on business. The service was truly outstanding. I thought the club lounge was great for both breakfast and light dinners. My room was very nice. I also enjoyed the Pudong area and close proximity to Thumb Plaza. I would highly recommend for both business and pleasure.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in January 2013. My room on the executive level was nice, clean and comfortable. The lounge was fine for breakfast but the 2nd floor buffet was extraordinary for breakfast. They had choices for the palate of travellers from practically anywhere in the world.

Overall, the staff was very nice, helpful and friendly.

The only complaint I had was the room safe was too small for a regular size laptop (13"?), a first for me in my travels in China. Instead of carrying the laptop to the front desk to be locked up I simply hid it in my room while I was not there.

As for the area, it is not the hustling-bustling Puxi area across the river so the activities at night are limited. Thumb Plaza is nearby, so are a few restaurants both in the hotel and nearby. Additionally the metro is not far away for a hop over to Puxi. This hotel is definitely recommended if your business is on the Pudong side of Shanghai.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mkurozen
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel if you are looking to stay in the pudong area. Nice clean rooms, very attentive staff and fantastic service. Walking distance to several dining options and the in-hotel dining is good also. Make sure you speak to the front desk if you happen to have any issues they are very accommodating and willing to resolve problems the moment they occur.

• Stayed January 2013
rhipudong, General Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Ozvino,

Thank you for staying with us and I wish you a happy Chinese New Year of the Snake which we just celebrated this week.

I appreciate that you took the time to post such a positive review and it is great to hear that you were impressed by the service of our associates especially the front desk team. We strive to provide all our guests a wonderful stay and it is assuring to hear that we met your expectations. We look forward to welcome you again on your next stay. Our Navigator team will be happy to assist you to discover some new intriguing dining options.

Warm regards

Silvano Dressino
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a room on club level with access to club lounge. Room was comfortable and well-equipped for doing work in room. Reasonably fast (and free) wi-fi. Lounge offered outstanding food & snacks and the service staff were very efficient and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013
chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was the last hotel we stayed at on our two-week long trip touring China. It was a wonderful end to our very memorable vacation. The hotel is more luxurious then we expected and had a grand lobby. Our room was beautifully decorated and the bed was so comfortable. Their breakfast buffet was scrumptious with quality ingredients and a wide variety of choices (Chinese, Japanese, Western food or just fruits and cereal). My husband loved their muesli and had it every morning. Services throughout the hotel from front desk, lounge staff, bell person to restaurant staff were all very attentive and impeccable. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised and truly felt spoiled and pampered.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ArgoChicago
Rockville, MD
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for an overnight in Shanghai. The hotel restaurant was closed so the breakfast buffet was being held in one of their ballrooms with a huge selection of western and Chinese choices. Food quality is excellent. Was upgraded to a suite. Room was spacious but the layout is tight. Overall, the hotel is starting to show its age as I've stayed here a few times previously, but it is well maintained. Front desk staff helped finish the check in process in room which was a fine touch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed almost 2 weeks. Upgraded to 27th floor due to platinum status.

Room
Fabulous bed. Very comfortable. Even upgraded the area of the room seems to be same as normal room. Ended up, I am not sure what is the different between a normal room and an upgraded room.

Breakfast
A good spread of breakfast selection. I like the Indian food corner but I am hoping the choice of meat curries can be changed daily. I enjoyed the lamb curry but out of two week stay I only tasted once. So u can imagine the same meat curry (especially chicken) been on the corner repeated so many days. Juices are really great and fresh unlike some hotel.

Club Lounge (26th floor)
The staffs there really professional. Very attentive, helpful and friendly especially Tony. He really got a good personality. great to know him and been sharing a lot traveling info about Shanghai while i am there. The choice of food are very fixed need to be improved.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
rhipudong, General Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

thanks for staying at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel and your recent Tripadvisor review.

As the new General Manager, for only a few weeks, it is wonderful to hear that that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments and suggestions especially highlighting the fact that you appreciated the service at our club lounge on the 26th floor.

Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with Tony as a great example of engaging customer service and the rest of the team.

I appreciate your positive comments about our breakfast which we are also proud of. In fact we are just upgrading our Brasserie Restaurant and look forward to a refreshed look and offerings in two weeks time.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again as soon as possible. Shanghai is such a dynamic and vibrant city and there is always something wonderfully new to discover. Our R Navigators like Tony are our local experts who are always researching great local discoveries that are off the beaten path and are happy to assist you.

Regards,

Silvano Dressino
Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel
as your preferred accommodation.