It is certainly a 5 star hotel and the building is impressive. So are the views from very room and the lobby locate do n the 38th floor. For the price though and the reputation worldwide the service levels disappoint. English is not widely spoken by the staff ( those that do speak it very well).
Have two areas for comments :
- swimming pool access is quite complicated. You have to get down to the 6th floor be guided to a lift on a arching corridor which will take you to the 7th outside the tower. Then a freezing walk through a glass. Or rider till you arrive there. No sauna or steam there so for that you have to go back to the gym on the 6th. A one stop gym, pool sauna etc would be convenient.
- had lunch for 4 consecutive days there and tried the Indian fare at the buffet. It is decent but more is expected of JW marriot. The chicken tikka isn't chicken tikka but barely cooked chicken pieces smeared with some spices. The quality of the chicken too was dicey. The prawns in the curry were again barely cooked and not deveined. Not fresh either from the smell of it. While it is gratifying to find Indian food on the menu and find a host of nationalities including Chinese trying it, it does need to be authentic,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing at 60 stories high as one of the tallest hotels in downtown Puxi Shanghai, the international deluxe JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai overlooks People's Square and is within walking distance to the Bund, Xintiandi and the characteristic Nanjing Road Pedestrian Street. The well appointed hotel guest rooms and suites are located between the 41st to 59th floors, and offer magnificent city views. The rooms feature a flat-screen cable TV, mini bar, tea and coffee facilities, wired and wireless internet and safe deposit box. Spacious bathrooms are equipped with a separate shower cubical and power massage jets. The Executive Lounge located on the 59th floor provides a commanding city view, serving complimentary breakfast, all-day refreshments and evening cocktails.The hotel's restaurants and lounges are located from the 38th to 40th floor and offer spectacular views of the Shanghai skyline. JW's California Grill on the 40th floor captivates an inventive culinary experience that travels beyond taste. Contemporary, elegant and comfortable, Wan Hao Chinese restaurant on the 39th floor showcases fine traditional Cantonese cuisine and Shanghainese specialties. Marriott Cafe on the 38th floor features the best in international casual dining, serving elaborate buffets throughout the day, as well as an extensive a la carte menu.In addition, the hotel offers a total of 1,512 square metres of meeting and banquet space, a business centre, an executive lounge, a 24-hour health club, including an indoor and outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Hotel Shanghai
- Marriott Shanghai
- Shanghai Marriott
- Jw Marriott Shanghai