Courtyard Shanghai-Pudong
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Baoan Hotel(Shanghai)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsthe executive loungemarriott courtyardcentury avenue metro stationtoilet and showerconvenient locationmy home away from homebusiness loungebusiness triprooms are cleanbit datedservice staffpleasant staythe financial districthotel is locatedbed was very comfortableper daystayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I am a Marriott Platinum member so I stay at many Marriotts. This Courtyard is better than most Marriott and at a less cost. There is no where that I stay that has better service than this hotel. I had a very spacious and comfortable room and access to the Concierge Lounge. Tracy and her team at the Concierge lounge ensured that everything was good for me and they all provided outstanding service. Most of the time that I was in the hotel, besides my room, I was in the Concierge lounge. They provided a great breakfast and nightly food from 5:30 to 7:30 along with a complementary full bar from 5:30 to 9:30. Even after 9:30, beer was complementary until they closed at midnight. During the day, soft drinks, coffee, tea, juice, water and snacks were complementary. This hotel also has a great location. It is a 5 minute walk to a subway station where you can get 4 different lines. So access around Shanghai is very easy. When I am back in Pudong I will for sure stay here again.

Room Tip: It is worth the extra money to get a room that has access privileges to the Concierge Lounge
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
shacy, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience in our hotel! We were honored to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our associates.
Indeed, our Executive Lounge provides a very peacefull and relaxed atmosphere and we hope that we can please each and every one of our guests with our special Happy Hour snacks & drinks programme. Tracy will be delighted to read your comments and to know that her hard work, as well as her associates' efforts, are paying off.
We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

As a Marriott Rewards gold member, I am not a big fan of Courtyard until I checked in with Pudong Courtyard. Although Pudong Courtyard is old and has been in business for more than 15 years, its excellent service still means a lot to visitors and business travelers who just arrived in Shanghai.

The hotel treats member of Marriott Rewards with very high degree of courtesy and is willing to fulfill your expectations as much as they can do .For example, if you need something which Hotel doesn't have, they will ask their staff to get for you. Again, when they offer lounge access to Gold and platinum member, you and one of your guest will be able to enjoy the lounge at 16F, which is much nicer than that in a lot of Renaissance in Shanghai.

Lets take a look at rooms. They have some refurbished rooms which you can request for ,indeed, they are very nice and worth the price. And when I arrived as a gold member, I told them I have requested before for a suite upgrade, which I thought it be not much to expect as a gold member. But on that busy day, they indeed found me a big suite and its very good-- nice bathtub,nice livingroom, perfect bed....

As for breakfast, its another nice recommendation for staying here.... They got some cute stuff at Executive lounge but I recommend to eat at 1F - lobby bar, and it's like a five-star hotel when you pay four-star price......

As for the view, its an excellent shanghai night view if you choose floor above 15 F....
And will I stay again in Pudong CY?

Definitely, they offer excellent service, from valet to front desk, from waitress in executive lounge to waiter in lobby bar. All is excellent if you are a platinum member or gold member!

Room Tip: Just ask if they can upgrade your room or choose Suite as your room type
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yangyi9432
shacy, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear. Guest

Thank you for taking your time and providing us with such an excellent feedback.

We were very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and also appreciated your praise for our hotel and service.

We are looking forward to seeing you in our hotel soon again,

Best regards,
Haruka Nishimura
Guest Relation Officer

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had a perfect stay right from the moment I entered the hotel.Though I checked in at midnight, the check in was v quick and I was even upgraded to a junior suite. The breakfast spread was good. Staff v courteous and service was typical of any Marriott hotel I.e. v good and prompt. I would specially like to mention Mr Rocky at the concierge who was always ready to help, whether it was hiring a cab or locating a restaurant. Overall a v pleasant stay. Would surely stay here every time I am on my trip to Shanghai next.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Neetimkr
shacy, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We were so glad to read your reviews about your stay in our hotel. Thank you for the time taken to send this positive feedback.

We appreciate you mentioning our Concierge staff Rocky for his good service and we are pleased that we could offer you a care-free stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Excellent hotel in perfect location. Easy walk to Nanjing Road and then to The Bund and ferry. Must say Nanjing Road was a disappointment -- mostly for the younger set, both for shopping and food. Better food elsewhere! Expensive drinks and restaurant in the hotel, though the cafe was reasonable for coffee and snacks. Desserts looked better than they tasted -- texture weird! Staff did everything they could to accommodate, and stay was very pleasant.

Room Tip: We were on the 27th floor, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
shacy, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to send us your valuable feedback.

We were pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and also appreciated the hospitality of our staff.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past. The service is professional, quality is good and the rooms are clean. It is near to the metro (Century avenue) which is very convenient. If possible, upgrade to an executive room. The executive lounge is great in the evening, after a long day at the office, and the staff are fantastic.

I did have an issue with my room on this stay. For some reason, I could hear quite a bit of noise from the adjacent room. It was not enough to request a room change but; annoying and disruptive all the same. It is the first time this has happened and the room was a different room from the rooms I have had in the past. This room had a bathroom that you walked through to get into the room itself. Slightly strange but; not really a problem.

For those of you who are interested in the "fake" markets, there is a pretty good one at the Shanghai science and technology museum metro station. Take the line 2 metro one station to "Shanghai science and technology museum" and upon exiting the station, you will literally end up in the market. I find it a bit more civilised compared with Nanjing West road market.

There is a gym in this hotel which is ok however; there is not a swimming pool.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone with business in the Pudong area.

Room Tip: I suggest you request a room without the bathroom at the entrance to the room if noise from the adjacent room is going to bother you. I can't be sure this is a problem in all these types of rooms however; in the past I have had a "standard" type of room with a separate bathroom and I never had an issue with noise from the adjacent room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptainTuttle
shacy, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Shanghai-Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review about our hotel.

We are gratified to know that you have enjoyed our Executive Lounge and will do our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible next time you come and stay with us.

Please know that we are happy to accommodate every request that you might have and are looking forward to welcoming you back here.