My Company normally stay at the Boam Hotel or Supreme Tower which are right next to the Marriott Courtyard.
I arrived at the hotel at Midnight and was taken to my room which was decorated very well, there is a bathroom foyer with glass panels to the toilet and shower. So could be embarrassing if the service staff were to enter the room. But the decor was good. This lead to a reasonable sized double room. Not masses of space but adequate. Bed was typically Chinese harder than Western standards. A desk and flat screen TV. A decent room. As I had traveled 9 hours I decided to have a drink at the bar, and asked about ordering some food to my room from the 24 hour menu. I was told the kitchen had just been cleaned so I had to wait 20-30 minutes. Not 24 hours then. At the bar was given some olvies, sausage and snacks, which was welcomed as the Kitchen had just been cleaned.
I had a good night sleep and went down to Breakfast which was easily the best I had in China, had a good mix of Western, Chinese and Japanese. Buffet Style so you could sample things that normally you wouldn't. A nice touch was the staff brought around some Chinese Dumplings to sample and explained what the food was.
As I had a midnight flight I left my bags their and they were happy to get them out once or twice for me to pack. Also was able to have a shower in the gym prior to travel home, again a nice touch.
The location is very good for Pudong, a 10 minute walk to the Metro, a 30 minute walk to the main Pudong Centre, there is also a decent shopping mall just next door.
Overall It was good, now for the negative. I decided to head to the Airport via the Maglev. A high speed magnetic Train which is a 10 minute taxi ride away from the airport. After speaking with two doormen and explaining this was my destination, and pointing to it on the map. A taxi was called and I was on my way. After 20 minutes I started to get nervous. I asked the taxi driver in English, but my lack of Chinese was proving a problem. I had to make three international phone calls to establish that the Taxi driver was heading straight to the Airport. Unfortunately this reflects badly on the hotel, as I believe it was the last memory of the hotel, and for me took the shine of the stay,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Pudong is a classy yet contemporary business hotel located in the business district of Shanghai Pudong, located at the main intersection in Pudong with easy access to the business centers of both Shanghai Puxi and Shanghai Pudong, only 5 minutes walk to the Century Avenue Station of Metro Line 2, 4, 6 and 9. This up market 4 star, 323 rooms Full Service hotel offers customers 3 F&B outlets plus extended meeting & banquet facilities of more than 1000 square meter. It's newly created premier and executive level rooms together with its new state of the art executive level Club Lounge will be a welcoming experience for both the international and domestic business traveler in the heart of Shanghai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Shanghai-Pudong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Shanghai Pudong Hotel Shanghai
- Courtyard Shanghai Pudong
- Shanghai Courtyard